PDA

View Full Version : Bright spots?

mybills
11-10-2008, 08:56 AM
I've got 2, how 'bout you?

1) McKelvin finally did what he was drafted to do. Although he didn't take it all the way to the end zone, that was one hell of a return. :bf1: It's about time!!!

2) Who said McGee can't cover Moss? That swat down in the end zone was sweeeeeeeet! :10:

PcA125
11-10-2008, 09:00 AM
I thought Hardy made a nice play on his TD... even though it didnt really mean anything

Pinkerton Security
11-10-2008, 09:03 AM

1) McKelvin finally did what he was drafted to do. Although he didn't take it all the way to the end zone, that was one hell of a return. :bf1: It's about time!!!

2) Who said McGee can't cover Moss? That swat down in the end zone was sweeeeeeeet! :10:

1) Agreed. He is becoming less tentative on kicks, though one time he actually outran his blockers before the coverage team even got to the wall. he seemed more assertive, and looked like a very good returner. now lets see him step it up in coverage when hes out there!

2) McGee played pretty darn well, seems to have recovered well which is excellent news. He could have gotten toasted once if Cassel hadnt underthrown a ball, but was in very good position several throws downfield. good to see.

Another thing I'd like to add as a positive is that Ko Simpson was laying some hits down. He may not have been in great position all the time but was around the ball quite a bit and actually made some real hard hits. He definitly could have had a worse game.

patmoran2006
McGee played a very good game against Moss. I give him a lot of credit. Moss made plays but he didn’t kill us like he usually does. McGee did a good job, considering who he was covering.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

psubills62
I didn't see the game, but I'll list some positives that I saw and people can correct me if I'm wrong.

1) It seems that slowly but surely, Steve Johnson may be making an impact. He had a catch for 15 yards this week, one good reception for 8 yards last week. I hope they continue to use him and explore what he can do as a slot receiver.

2) From the sounds of it, Hardy is getting open. Now if only Edwards would get him the ball. he did have the TD catch, which was good.

3) Stroud did a decent job (except the holding). He had the sack/FF and drop for a loss on one third down.

That's all I can get from the stats, since the stats say it was a terrible game for the Bills.

Night Train
11-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Steve Johnson made a play. Corner made a couple nice plays. Keep playing the kids.

Mr. Pink
11-10-2008, 09:08 AM

1. A return that didn't matter nor make any difference.

2. An underthrown ball by Cassel where if he lead Moss to the corner, it's an easy TD.

Good bright spots you picked.

Bright spot of the game, no one on our side spiked themselves this week. That's all I got.

mybills
11-10-2008, 09:12 AM
That ball was not underthrown. It was over thrown if anything, because they both had to jump for it. :rolleyes:

Mr. Pink
11-10-2008, 09:13 AM
That ball was not underthrown. It was over thrown if anything, because they both had to jump for it. :rolleyes:

Moss had like 4 steps on McGee and had to slow down.

OpIv37
11-10-2008, 09:15 AM
I agree- McGee played well against Moss. He also put the smack-down on him and dislodged the ball. As far as I can remember, it was the first time all season that a Bills' DB separated the receiver from the ball.

As far as McKelvin, he's a LOT better on returns. But I wouldn't say he was drafted to run returns. He was drafted to play corner, and Reggie Corner was starting at nickel over him. It's good to see his ST production picking up, but he really needs to get on the field on D.

mybills
11-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Whether he was drafted to play corner or return kicks, he got many TD returns in college which was one of the reasons for the decision to draft him. At least that's what I read in one report. :idunno:

mybills
11-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Moss had like 4 steps on McGee and had to slow down.
if he didn't slow down would he have had to jump? Maybe it was just a good throw by Cassel!

psubills62
11-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Out of curiosity, how did Reggie Corner do? From Chris Brown's blog, it sounded like Corner did alright against Welker when he was in.

OpIv37
11-10-2008, 09:33 AM
Out of curiosity, how did Reggie Corner do? From Chris Brown's blog, it sounded like Corner did alright against Welker when he was in.

He got beat for short gains a couple times but also made a few nice open field tackles and helped keep Welker's YAC in check.

He wasn't spectacular, but for a later-round draft pick seeing his first NFL action, I was pretty impressed.

trapezeus
11-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Corner seemed to be in the right spot at the right times. HE seemed to make the patriots stop throwing the WR screen because he'd get in there and make the tackle.

The DB's could all be Deion sanders, but without getting to the QB, NFL level WR will get open. The lines on this team are not getting it done. I can't imagine that schobel is the key to the DL and i can't believe that a center is this influential to getting sustained blocks.

tat2dmike77
11-10-2008, 10:21 AM
When the game ended thats about the only bright spot.

madness
11-10-2008, 10:29 AM
if he didn't slow down would he have had to jump? Maybe it was just a good throw by Cassel!

The announcers also said if the ball wasn't underthrown it could have been a TD. Cassel puts 5 more yards on that ball and Moss comes down with an easy TD.

I don't play the woulda coulda game so it was what it was and that means it was one heck of a defensive play by McGee. :up:

patmoran2006
11-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah the biggest bright spot is that <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">New England</st1:place> ran out of real estate in the 4<SUP>th</SUP> quarter.. otherwise, that could’ve been a 30 play, 190-yard drive on our defense that folded.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
The sad part, is that in the final few minutes they TOYED with us. Cassell had two straight “pretend” QB dives up the middle (in reality he fell behind the center to not lose yards) and then they decided they wanted to score and Walter Payton.. Err I mean whoever that guy was ran right through the left side.<o:p></o:p>

Michael82
11-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Brian Moorman was back to his usual self. :up:

RockStar36
11-10-2008, 01:33 PM
NONE

There are no bright spots on this sorry excuse for a football team

The last buffalo fan
11-10-2008, 01:54 PM
I didn't get drunk. :up:

HughC
11-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Bright spot? The Bills are 5-4, one win away from a wild card spot. The Jets and Patriots play each other Thursday, so one of those teams will be 6-4 next week.

This isn't a sprint, it's a marathon and there's still plenty of football yet to be played this year; the season is barely more than half over.

Pinkerton Security
11-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Bright spot? The Bills are 5-4, one win away from a wild card spot. The Jets and Patriots play each other Thursday, so one of those teams will be 6-4 next week.

This isn't a sprint, it's a marathon and there's still plenty of football yet to be played this year; the season is barely more than half over.

hear hear!

however if we lose Monday night, its going to make things extremely bleak.

shelby
11-10-2008, 03:32 PM
i thought Roscoe Parrish had a decent game as well.

madness
11-10-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm going to bring up a name everybody has been bashing the past few weeks.

Ryan Denney - 11 tackles and two knock downs