• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Bright spots?

I've got 2, how 'bout you?

1) McKelvin finally did what he was drafted to do. Although he didn't take it all the way to the end zone, that was one hell of a return. It's about time!!!

2) Who said McGee can't cover Moss? That swat down in the end zone was sweeeeeeeet!
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • PcA125
    • May 2006

Re: Bright spots?

I thought Hardy made a nice play on his TD... even though it didnt really mean anything
    Cheers!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by mybills

1) McKelvin finally did what he was drafted to do. Although he didn't take it all the way to the end zone, that was one hell of a return. It's about time!!!

2) Who said McGee can't cover Moss? That swat down in the end zone was sweeeeeeeet!
      1) Agreed. He is becoming less tentative on kicks, though one time he actually outran his blockers before the coverage team even got to the wall. he seemed more assertive, and looked like a very good returner. now lets see him step it up in coverage when hes out there!

2) McGee played pretty darn well, seems to have recovered well which is excellent news. He could have gotten toasted once if Cassel hadnt underthrown a ball, but was in very good position several throws downfield. good to see.

Another thing I'd like to add as a positive is that Ko Simpson was laying some hits down. He may not have been in great position all the time but was around the ball quite a bit and actually made some real hard hits. He definitly could have had a worse game.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

McGee played a very good game against Moss. I give him a lot of credit. Moss made plays but he didn’t kill us like he usually does. McGee did a good job, considering who he was covering.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

I didn't see the game, but I'll list some positives that I saw and people can correct me if I'm wrong.

1) It seems that slowly but surely, Steve Johnson may be making an impact. He had a catch for 15 yards this week, one good reception for 8 yards last week. I hope they continue to use him and explore what he can do as a slot receiver.

2) From the sounds of it, Hardy is getting open. Now if only Edwards would get him the ball. he did have the TD catch, which was good.

3) Stroud did a decent job (except the holding). He had the sack/FF and drop for a loss on one third down.

That's all I can get from the stats, since the stats say it was a terrible game for the Bills.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Steve Johnson made a play. Corner made a couple nice plays. Keep playing the kids.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

1. A return that didn't matter nor make any difference.

2. An underthrown ball by Cassel where if he lead Moss to the corner, it's an easy TD.

Good bright spots you picked.

Bright spot of the game, no one on our side spiked themselves this week. That's all I got.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

That ball was not underthrown. It was over thrown if anything, because they both had to jump for it.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

That ball was not underthrown. It was over thrown if anything, because they both had to jump for it.
                  Moss had like 4 steps on McGee and had to slow down.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

I agree- McGee played well against Moss. He also put the smack-down on him and dislodged the ball. As far as I can remember, it was the first time all season that a Bills' DB separated the receiver from the ball.

As far as McKelvin, he's a LOT better on returns. But I wouldn't say he was drafted to run returns. He was drafted to play corner, and Reggie Corner was starting at nickel over him. It's good to see his ST production picking up, but he really needs to get on the field on D.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Whether he was drafted to play corner or return kicks, he got many TD returns in college which was one of the reasons for the decision to draft him. At least that's what I read in one report.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        Moss had like 4 steps on McGee and had to slow down.
                        if he didn't slow down would he have had to jump? Maybe it was just a good throw by Cassel!

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Out of curiosity, how did Reggie Corner do? From Chris Brown's blog, it sounded like Corner did alright against Welker when he was in.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                            Out of curiosity, how did Reggie Corner do? From Chris Brown's blog, it sounded like Corner did alright against Welker when he was in.
                            He got beat for short gains a couple times but also made a few nice open field tackles and helped keep Welker's YAC in check.

He wasn't spectacular, but for a later-round draft pick seeing his first NFL action, I was pretty impressed.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

Corner seemed to be in the right spot at the right times. HE seemed to make the patriots stop throwing the WR screen because he'd get in there and make the tackle.

The DB's could all be Deion sanders, but without getting to the QB, NFL level WR will get open. The lines on this team are not getting it done. I can't imagine that schobel is the key to the DL and i can't believe that a center is this influential to getting sustained blocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X