PDA

View Full Version : You've got to watch Dickey's press conference on BB.com!

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 12:49 PM
He looked pissed at Chris Brown (I think) and snapped at his first question. Then, he wouldn't look him in the eye the rest of the press conference and again, snapped at him later on. Holy s**t...Jauron does have a pulse!!!!

mchurchfie
11-10-2008, 12:51 PM
He should try that at practice or during the game with the players and refs when his ass is getting handed to him.

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 12:54 PM
He should try that at practice or during the game with the players and refs when his ass is getting handed to him.

Don't get me wrong, his getting mad really is kind of lame, but hey, I'm surprised he even showed a little emotion.

blackonyx89
11-10-2008, 12:54 PM

Dick Jauron = Gutless Wonder!!!

SquishDaFish
11-10-2008, 01:09 PM
**** him

Marvelous
11-10-2008, 05:28 PM
All dick no balls

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 05:31 PM
All dick no balls

:lmao:

Typ0
11-10-2008, 09:00 PM
I disagree about the emotion thing church. I also disagree about calling out players which a lot of people want from him. I don't think it's the job of a professional to motivate really but it is their responsibility not to wrench up the works and not controlling your emotions or calling players out in public are both things that will wrench up the works. I guess it looks good from a fan perspective you feel like he cares...but he's doing the job I believe he cares and someone who respects the players enough not to call them out on TV or throw a fit on the sidelines is exactly what you would want in a coach.

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 09:06 PM
I disagree about the emotion thing church. I also disagree about calling out players which a lot of people want from him. I don't think it's the job of a professional to motivate really but it is their responsibility not to wrench up the works and not controlling your emotions or calling players out in public are both things that will wrench up the works. I guess it looks good from a fan perspective you feel like he cares...but he's doing the job I believe he cares and someone who respects the players enough not to call them out on TV or throw a fit on the sidelines is exactly what you would want in a coach.

So you're saying he is getting the job done? Really?

Typ0
11-10-2008, 09:24 PM
So you're saying he is getting the job done? Really?

I'm saying I like a lot of things I see. I'm saying there is room for improvement too. But there has been improvement as well I think and that means there is no reason to expect improvement is not going to continue. I'm saying I don't need a blow hard hot head for a head coach to think he's any good or he cares about what he's doing. I'm also saying it's likely that this is as good as were going to get and just changing coaches every few years is going to get any team no where.

Mad Max
11-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Man, the more I see this putz the more I despise him.

True leaders of men MUST inspire those they lead.

They must do so by their deeds and comportment. They must have a swagger. They must have fire.

All of this adds up to that ever elusive "it". Great players must have "it" so must great coaches. The dickster most definately does not.

T-Long
11-11-2008, 12:05 AM
That's funny that there is a thread about this! As SOON as I got done watching the press conference, I emailed Chris and told him what a great question it was and to keep hammering him and the rest of the coaching staff and the players to get their **** together. I loved it! We need to see more of that. I'm sick of the lame duck easy going attitude. Granted, if things were different in the locker room I wouldn't be saying it, but I highly doubt he is a whole different person behind closed doors. He is exactly the same person 24/7

mchurchfie
11-11-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm saying I like a lot of things I see.
I don't.:ill:

jamze132
11-11-2008, 04:33 AM
For the record, I like Singletary's attitude. He's the anti-Dick.

Come on Dick! You need to be a Dick to get some people's attention. You have guys out on the field that are consistently making the same mistakes every week.. They need to sit until they get the message.

This guy can't even challenge a call correctly. WTF happened?

Tatonka
11-11-2008, 08:00 AM
what was the question brown asked?

Patti120
11-11-2008, 08:14 AM
It was interesting. I was watching Sports Center this morning and when questioned about that big run stop that they had at the end of the game, one of the Cards D lineman said something along the lines of "If we were watching the film the next day and the back got through your gap and scored that you would have been kicked out of the room."

I heard that and was thinking that is the type of accountability we need on our team as well. This would help give us an attitude.

EDS
11-11-2008, 08:51 AM
It was interesting. I was watching Sports Center this morning and when questioned about that big run stop that they had at the end of the game, one of the Cards D lineman said something along the lines of "If we were watching the film the next day and the back got through your gap and scored that you would have been kicked out of the room."

I heard that and was thinking that is the type of accountability we need on our team as well. This would help give us an attitude.

This is why a guy like London Fletcher was more valuable then his on field contribution - which was pretty darn good in and of itself. London Fletcher was the leader of the defense and the team is still searching for someone to fill his role as a leader on and off the field.

mybills
11-11-2008, 08:59 AM
For the record, I like Singletary's attitude. He's the anti-Dick.

Come on Dick! You need to be a Dick to get some people's attention. You have guys out on the field that are consistently making the same mistakes every week.. They need to sit until they get the message.

This guy can't even challenge a call correctly. WTF happened?
Funny you should mention this..almost the same thing happened with the challenge flag in the game last night. Did somebody have to tap the ref on the shoulder to see it?

Typ0
11-11-2008, 09:03 AM
I don't.:ill:

then you are very busy dwelling on the negatives.

jamze132
11-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Funny you should mention this..almost the same thing happened with the challenge flag in the game last night. Did somebody have to tap the ref on the shoulder to see it?
It's ridiculous that a coach seems to forget how to correctly pull the little red flag out of his pocket and throw it somewhere a guy wearing black and white stripes can see it.