• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Cap Question about Dockery

For a any salary cap pro’s lurking around. How much of Derrick Dockery’s salary was paid upfront with the signing bonus? Hopefully we paid a crapload of it upfront.

If this guy keeps playing like this, I say we cut him this offseason and cut our losses. He’s absolutely murdering us.. Im not sure what his ’08 salary is slotted to be.. but if its more than the league minimum he’s not worth it. He’s not any better than Butler, and that’s NOT a compliment to Butler either.

Basically what Im asking is. How much would we save by cutting him? And/or how much would it cost us to just flat out release him this winter?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Cap Question about Dockery

3/2/2007: Signed a seven-year, $49 million contract. The deal included a $16 million signing bonus and contains $18.5 million in total guarantees. $8.1 million of the signing bonus was paid immediately. 2008: $1.5 million, 2009: $2.75 million, 2010: $4.5 million, 2011: $5.65 million, 2012: $6.575 million, 2013: $6.775 million, 2014: Free Agent

Comment

• hydro
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
      3/2/2007: Signed a seven-year, $49 million contract. The deal included a $16 million signing bonus and contains $18.5 million in total guarantees. $8.1 million of the signing bonus was paid immediately. 2008: $1.5 million, 2009: $2.75 million, 2010: $4.5 million, 2011: $5.65 million, 2012: $6.575 million, 2013: $6.775 million, 2014: Free Agent
      BERNIAC!

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I want to know how much of his signing bonus is paid through this year, because if we cut him that bonus unpaid would be spread out throughout the remainder of his contract.

HOpefully someone knows here how much it would cost/save if we were to get rid of him at season's end. He's just THAT bad IMO.

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

Not a bad idea, he is very weak in the run game, i say we cut our loses with him and folwer/preston and start over get a real Oline coach in here and draft some players come into camp with like 20 offensive lineman and get a real road grader in here all we do is pass 2 yds so he doesnt have to excel in pass protection
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Oh god come guys. Cut him.... Seriously? Why not get a competant center first then see what happens.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Pat first it was to bench Peters, now its to cut Dockery? Are you trying to go from one extreme to the next? Who in god's name are you going to replace him with?
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

I don't think cutting him's a good option. It might be a different story if we didn't have the cap space we need to find an upgrade at C or G, but we do.

I feel like our OL has as much or more talent than most lines in the league. Something else is missing. It's gotta be either intensity or the coaching/blocking scheme. Even bad lineman can create some holes if the blocking scheme is designed well. Ours create almost none.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Pat first it was to bench Peters, now its to cut Dockery? Are you trying to go from one extreme to the next? Who in god's name are you going to replace him with?
                  Yeah Whittle?

The Problems with the line eminate from the Center. Neither can make good line calls nor hold their ground (let alone get a push). Couple that with Whittle/Chambers being thrown around like rag dolls the last two weeks and look where it has gotten us.

Here is an outside the box move I have been thinking about.

Keep Preston at center for now.

Move Walker to Right guard. He can generate some push(at least more than what has been before) Move Chambers/Butler to right tackle. Chambers proved competant earlier in the year and tackle is Butler's true position.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    how much worse can we do in the offseason than what we have now? The only significant thing about our current crop of underacheiving OL is their price tag.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Pat Moran, I 100% agree with you about cutting Dockery. However, now is not the time to cut him, IMO.

The end of next season (when we have hopefully drafted some interior linemen) would be a good time to cut him. The guy wipes his floors with $100 dollar bills, and doesn't seem to give a damn on the field.

This team really needs to draft LINEMEN!! LOTS OF THEM!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                        Pat Moran, I 100% agree with you about cutting Dockery. However, now is not the time to cut him, IMO.

The end of next season (when we have hopefully drafted some interior linemen) would be a good time to cut him. The guy wipes his floors with $100 dollar bills, and doesn't seem to give a damn on the field.

This team really needs to draft LINEMEN!! LOTS OF THEM!
                        He did say in the offseason

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Take his money saved this winter (IF there is money to save, I did start this thread as a question)-- and find someone better.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

Dockery has all the size and athleticism we could ask for. So does Peters. So does Walker. Arguably so does Butler.

Cutting them is not the answer. Someone needs to light a fire under their ass. I've been a big Jauron supporter all along, but I'm starting to think the calm, cool, demeanor that makes all the players love to play for him might also have something to do with the flat personality that this team is showing.
                            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• mchurchfie
                              • Jul 2002

We need to bring Carl Mauk back here for some pregame pepscreams.
                              My Band
                              daveviterna.com

Comment

Working...
                              X