PDA

View Full Version : The board is full of....

X-Era
11-10-2008, 04:39 PM
http://www.torcarr.com/images/CLC1529.jpg

Serioulsy, just because we lost 4 games this season, all of the sudden Jauron is worthless, and the whole team is crap.

Get a frikkin grip.

We have a solid shot at the playoffs still if we turn our misfortunes of late around.

Beating NE, the Jets, and then 3 more wins probably puts us in the playoffs.

Yet some of you act like we are the worst team in football.

You do realize that we were without:

2 starting O-linemen
Our pro-bowl DE
Our starting S
1 starting OLB (crowell)
1 starting WR

Im pissed just like everyone else, but saying Jauron is useless is a worthless post. Saying Trent is crap is ignorant.

mchurchfie
11-10-2008, 04:42 PM
You have more excuses for them than Jauron.

X-Era
11-10-2008, 04:54 PM
You have more excuses for them than Jauron.

I make no excuses.

They are 5 and 4, and considering the likes of Indy, SD, and even the Pats, Ill take it.

We have every bit the same chance that they do.

The difference between me and some here is that I want the big moves in the offseason to make the big difference in the on the field talent.

Many here just ***** and then want to try to hit up the Salvation Army for second hand players.

We have a pro-bowl LT in Peters, paid big money for Walker who is probably our 2nd best O-linemen, and paid huge money for Dockery who plays very well and all we can hear about is how they are crap. No, the team isn't playing well in those games. Did we forget that we won 4 in a row and 5 out of 6? How did we do it with those same crappy players? How did we give up a franchise low in sacks last year with those same pieces of ****?

mchurchfie
11-10-2008, 05:20 PM
I make no excuses.

They are 5 and 4, and considering the likes of Indy, SD, and even the Pats, Ill take it.

We have every bit the same chance that they do.

The difference between me and some here is that I want the big moves in the offseason to make the big difference in the on the field talent.

Many here just ***** and then want to try to hit up the Salvation Army for second hand players.

We have a pro-bowl LT in Peters, paid big money for Walker who is probably our 2nd best O-linemen, and paid huge money for Dockery who plays very well and all we can hear about is how they are crap. No, the team isn't playing well in those games. Did we forget that we won 4 in a row and 5 out of 6? How did we do it with those same crappy players? How did we give up a franchise low in sacks last year with those same pieces of ****?

I agree but our problems go well beyond the left side of our OL. We have coaches that are getting outcoached in every facet of the game. We have a defense that consistently gets manhandled. This team is flawed in many areas and it is becoming more and more apparent with each losing game.

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 05:21 PM

Serioulsy, just because we lost 4 games this season, all of the sudden Jauron is worthless, and the whole team is crap.

Get a frikkin grip.

We have a solid shot at the playoffs still if we turn our misfortunes of late around.

2 starting O-linemen
Our pro-bowl DE
Our starting S
1 starting OLB (crowell)
1 starting WR

Im pissed just like everyone else, but saying Jauron is useless is a worthless post. Saying Trent is crap is ignorant.

No, I've believed him to be worthless since he was hired. He's never been a good coach and that hasn't changed this season.

mchurchfie
11-10-2008, 05:22 PM
I'll second that motion.:wave:

X-Era
11-10-2008, 05:24 PM
I agree but our problems go well beyond the left side of our OL. We have coaches that are getting outcoached in every facet of the game. We have a defense that consistently gets manhandled. This team is flawed in many areas and it is becoming more and more apparent with each losing game.

IMO, our defense is the biggest problem on this team.

We need a better DE, OLB, S, one CB, and DT

X-Era
11-10-2008, 05:25 PM
No, I've believed him to be worthless since he was hired. He's never been a good coach and that hasn't changed this season.

K, well hes not going anywhere so have fun with that.

mchurchfie
11-10-2008, 05:26 PM

A different DC might do wonders also.

X-Era
11-10-2008, 05:28 PM
A different DC might do wonders also.

Well, I cant necessarily disagree.

Id take Cotrell back actually. Our D was way better back then.

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 05:30 PM
K, well hes not going anywhere so have fun with that.

So that's your answer...he's not going anywhere, so accept it? Yeah, sorry, that's not how I work. If something is wrong, then I'm going to do my best to fix it. I'm not going to accept this loser and will be vocal about it until he is gone.

X-Era
11-10-2008, 05:34 PM
So that's your answer...he's not going anywhere, so accept it? Yeah, sorry, that's not how I work. If something is wrong, then I'm going to do my best to fix it. I'm not going to accept this loser and will be vocal about it until he is gone.

That would be what I meant by, have fun with that. Apparently you are.

IMO, hes FAR from the issue on this team.

Anyone who could get 7 wins out of so many injuries last year, and get us off to a 4 and 0 start is NOT our biggest problem.

He hasnt been able to manage to get us to beat the Pats, but last year no one else did either, and this year I think its gonna happen when they come here.

We will see how the season plays out.

evol4276
11-10-2008, 05:39 PM
So that's your answer...he's not going anywhere, so accept it? Yeah, sorry, that's not how I work. If something is wrong, then I'm going to do my best to fix it. I'm not going to accept this loser and will be vocal about it until he is gone. how are YOU going to fix it? the same way by saying Trent sucks and everyone else sucks etc etc. what would be any of your guys' non-maddenesque solutions, since you have zero control on this team? i understand its a forum but its hilarious when we have people who know all there is to know when there isnt a thing that can be done by that person nor the rest of us.

so on that note: this monday night game should be something to spark everyone's excitement. if we pull off a well played game and come with a victory, we are right back in decent shape (desite the fact that we will be 2 games in the hole after this next week baring a tie). a loss cannot happen this week. pressure the qb and we should be good. braylon, as much as i like him, is turning out to be a TO clone with his drops. up until this and i think last week we've been stout against the run. keep up those tendencies and their offense has no chance.

that is of course much easier said than done, tho....

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 05:46 PM
how are YOU going to fix it? the same way by saying Trent sucks and everyone else sucks etc etc. what would be any of your guys' non-maddenesque solutions, since you have zero control on this team? i understand its a forum but its hilarious when we have people who know all there is to know when there isnt a thing that can be done by that person nor the rest of us.

so on that note: this monday night game should be something to spark everyone's excitement. if we pull off a well played game and come with a victory, we are right back in decent shape (desite the fact that we will be 2 games in the hole after this next week baring a tie). a loss cannot happen this week. pressure the qb and we should be good. braylon, as much as i like him, is turning out to be a TO clone with his drops. up until this and i think last week we've been stout against the run. keep up those tendencies and their offense has no chance.

What I meant by "fix it" is that I will let my voice be heard and not accept this guy. Believe me when I say that the organization does hear the fans and when people start questioning poor coaching and decisions, then it begins to spread. If you sit back and keep saying that he is OK and I'm alright with him, then of course the organization won't make a change.

ELAYAS
11-10-2008, 05:46 PM
how are YOU going to fix it? the same way by saying Trent sucks and everyone else sucks etc etc. what would be any of your guys' non-maddenesque solutions, since you have zero control on this team? i understand its a forum but its hilarious when we have people who know all there is to know when there isnt a thing that can be done by that person nor the rest of us.

unless, of course, if you're mute...

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 05:47 PM
That would be what I meant by, have fun with that. Apparently you are.

IMO, hes FAR from the issue on this team.

Anyone who could get 7 wins out of so many injuries last year, and get us off to a 4 and 0 start is NOT our biggest problem.

He hasnt been able to manage to get us to beat the Pats, but last year no one else did either, and this year I think its gonna happen when they come here.

We will see how the season plays out.

You do realize that your coach is leading us into one of the NFL's biggest single season collapses in it's history? You're OK with this?

BillsWin
11-10-2008, 05:49 PM

Get a frikkin grip.

2 starting O-linemen
Our pro-bowl DE
Our starting S
1 starting OLB (crowell)
1 starting WR

I agree. but noone is going to care what you think or I think. they are all pissed off that they got built up and slammed down yet again.

I think the road to the playoffs is clear, win three of our next 4. then focus on getting 1 more division win.

Oaf
11-10-2008, 05:50 PM

2 starting O-linemen
Our pro-bowl DE
Our starting S
1 starting OLB (crowell)
1 starting WR

You do realize we we're without:

2 starting caliber O-Linemen
A starting caliber DE
1 starting caliber LB
A starting caliber WR

And until we find a way to coach better or utilize our draft better, we will never do better than a wildcard exit?

X-Era
11-10-2008, 05:52 PM

A starting caliber DE
1 starting caliber LB
A starting caliber WR

And until we find a way to coach better or utilize our draft better, we will never do better than a wildcard exit?

Its still early, you sure you wanted to be quoted on that?

Im ticked like everyone else, but 3 bad games does not equal a season.

OpIv37
11-10-2008, 05:55 PM

Get a frikkin grip.

2 starting O-linemen
Our pro-bowl DE
Our starting S
1 starting OLB (crowell)
1 starting WR

Jauron has been mediocre for his entire career, short of a 4 game stint to open this season. Some of us backed off because we thought he had improved, but it turns out it's just oversimplification. Here's the problem: people like you see others complaining after a loss and you think it's just sour grapes, because you see the loss as the problem. The loss is the symptom. The problems are Jauron, a lack of talent, and poor overall management.

And your injury list is just a bunch of sorry excuses. Schobel is Pro Bowl in name only. Crowell is solid but overrated and we won 5 games without him. And we're not getting him back anyway so it's irrelevant. He can't help the team this year (and most likely won't be back anyway). Fowler was benched so we were really only without 1 starting OL and Josh Reed. That's hardly an excuse for the pathetic offensive performance we had.

This is not a good team. What makes you think we can beat NE and the Jets after both teams just handed us our asses?

You're the one who needs to get a grip.

Trent was a game manager for the first few games of the season- nothing more. Over the last few games, he's been a downright liability. Jauron has always produced mediocrity as a head coach. That's the reality. Look at the larger picture before you accuse people of overreacting.

Oaf
11-10-2008, 05:55 PM
I think the road to the playoffs is clear, win three of our next 4. then focus on getting 1 more division win.

Get a wild card spot at 9-7 and a 1-5 div record? :lolcry:

X-Era
11-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Jauron has been mediocre for his entire career, short of a 4 game stint to open this season. Some of us backed off because we thought he had improved, but it turns out it's just oversimplification. Here's the problem: people like you see others complaining after a loss and you think it's just sour grapes, because you see the loss as the problem. The loss is the symptom. The problems are Jauron, a lack of talent, and poor overall management.

And your injury list is just a bunch of sorry excuses. Schobel is Pro Bowl in name only. Crowell is solid but overrated and we won 5 games without him. And we're not getting him back anyway so it's irrelevant. He can't help the team this year (and most likely won't be back anyway). Fowler was benched so we were really only without 1 starting OL and Josh Reed. That's hardly an excuse for the pathetic offensive performance we had.

This is not a good team. What makes you think we can beat NE and the Jets after both teams just handed us our asses?

You're the one who needs to get a grip.

Trent was a game manager for the first few games of the season- nothing more. Over the last few games, he's been a downright liability. Jauron has always produced mediocrity as a head coach. That's the reality. Look at the larger picture before you accuse people of overreacting.

Put your solutions where your mouth is.

What moves would you make BY NAME including whos going and who coming that makes us better?

OpIv37
11-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Put your solutions where your mouth is.

What moves would you make BY NAME including whos going and who coming that makes us better?

This is such a lousy argument and nothing but a blatant trap you're using because you have NO response to the points I just made.

I have a full time job that's unrelated to football. I don't have thousands of hours of game tape and a whole staff of football professionals to decide who to pursue or a whole team of accountants to figure out how to divide up limited resources.

Think about this: Three or four seasons ago, the Titans were in salary cap jail and had to cut their six best players. Now they're the class of the league. NE has dominated our division for almost a decade. The Dolphins ALREADY improved over last year by 4 games, and they still have 7 left to play. The Falcons were terrible last year and are leading their division this year.

And those are just a handful of examples. Over the last decade or so- when the Bills have struggled, several teams have remained at the top and several more have built themselves up from nothing. And they're not all large-market teams with huge fan bases. If they can do it, why can't the Bills?

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 06:06 PM
This is such a lousy argument and nothing but a blatant trap you're using because you have NO response to the points I just made.

I have a full time job that's unrelated to football. I don't have thousands of hours of game tape and a whole staff of football professionals to decide who to pursue or a whole team of accountants to figure out how to divide up limited resources.

Think about this: Three or four seasons ago, the Titans were in salary cap jail and had to cut their six best players. Now they're the class of the league. NE has dominated our division for almost a decade. The Dolphins ALREADY improved over last year by 4 games, and they still have 7 left to play. The Falcons were terrible last year and are leading their division this year.

And those are just a handful of examples. Over the last decade or so- when the Bills have struggled, several teams have remained at the top and several more have built themselves up from nothing. And they're not all large-market teams with huge fan bases. If they can do it, why can't the Bills?

Op, what is the one constant with the Titans that makes them good and competitive almost every year?

OpIv37
11-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Op, what is the one constant with the Titans that makes them good and competitive almost every year?

Probably Jeff Fisher. He's been there so long that he's probably had the entire roster turn over at least once. They haven't had a good QB since McNair and he was so banged up from their bad OL that he was useless his last few years. Their D was broken down to nothing a few years ago and they've gone through a ton of RB's.

X-Era
11-10-2008, 06:14 PM

Im not calling you out man, honest.

What I am doing is saying that you and others do a great job of pointing out all the problems and mistakes. But how often do you root for big changes that will make a huge change on the field?

The Falcons are starting a rookie at QB, would you root for that move before the season? How about even during the season?

The Titans drafted Vince Young and are STILL paying him a crap ton in money, would you be sitting here quietly about that?

The Pats have done something magical IMO. I hate them, but its true. Every other team in the league wishes they were in the Pats shoes. I hate them and can never root to become like them, but that's just cause Im a ***** like that.

The reason we cant get our crap together (and the season isn't over by the way), is because we don't go after big upgrades. Every year there are big name players in FA that we skip. When we trade up, its back into the 1st round at the bottom to get some guy that wont drop to us in the 2nd. We dont trade up for blue chippers for fear of the bust. But instead we go more conservative in FA and the draft and end up perpetually mediocre.

If you want to make a big change, you make a big change.

You get what you pay for.

Oldbillsfan
11-10-2008, 06:15 PM
The Bills just got owned by an undrafted free agent running back and a QB who had not started a game since High School. It's nice to think the reason the Bills lost was injuries, but it really is becase the team is soft and poorly coached.

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Probably Jeff Fisher. He's been there so long that he's probably had the entire roster turn over at least once. They haven't had a good QB since McNair and he was so banged up from their bad OL that he was useless his last few years. Their D was broken down to nothing a few years ago and they've gone through a ton of RB's.

Hey, but coaching doesn't matter...it's the players. Umm, yeah, right.

Thanks Op, for helping me out with this one. This is my point, coaching is so much more important then people give it credit for.

X-Era
11-10-2008, 06:17 PM

Their defense.

I like Jeff Fisher too.

Yes, there are coaches that I would like better than Jauron. But this owner and team wont pay the money necessary to land them. It just wont happen until we change owners.

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Their defense.

I like Jeff Fisher too.

Yes, there are coaches that I would like better than Jauron. But this owner and team wont pay the money necessary to land them. It just wont happen until we change owners.

Agreed...now we are getting somewhere. I don't disagree that this fool of an owner won't hire a good coach, but I just can't stand people who defend how poorly he coaches or how inept he is.

X-Era
11-10-2008, 06:19 PM
The Bills just got owned by an undrafted free agent running back and a QB who had not started a game since High School. It's nice to think the reason the Bills lost was injuries, but it really is becase the team is soft and poorly coached.

No, the Bills got owned by the team that went undefeated regular season last year but who dont have their starting QB or starting RB (if there is ONE). I dont consider 10 points getting owned by the way.

They lost this game by shooting themselves in the foot more than because the Pats were so much better.

X-Era
11-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Agreed...now we are getting somewhere. I don't disagree that this fool of an owner won't hire a good coach, but I just can't stand people who defend how poorly he coaches or how inept he is.

I dont think hes porr or inept, I just dont agree. But yes, there are coaches I like better.

Ralph aint getting younger and Golisano will own this team someday, I just know it.

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 06:21 PM
I dont think hes porr or inept, I just dont agree. But yes, there are coaches I like better.

Ralph aint getting younger and Golisano will own this team someday, I just know it.

Hopefully Ralphy sells this team sooner rather then later.

madness
11-10-2008, 06:22 PM

We know... we see it in every single ****ing thread.

OpIv37
11-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Im not calling you out man, honest.

What I am doing is saying that you and others do a great job of pointing out all the problems and mistakes. But how often do you root for big changes that will make a huge change on the field?

The Falcons are starting a rookie at QB, would you root for that move before the season? How about even during the season?

The Titans drafted Vince Young and are STILL paying him a crap ton in money, would you be sitting here quietly about that?

The Pats have done something magical IMO. I hate them, but its true. Every other team in the league wishes they were in the Pats shoes. I hate them and can never root to become like them, but that's just cause Im a ***** like that.

The reason we cant get our crap together (and the season isn't over by the way), is because we don't go after big upgrades. Every year there are big name players in FA that we skip. When we trade up, its back into the 1st round at the bottom to get some guy that wont drop to us in the 2nd. We dont trade up for blue chippers for fear of the bust. But instead we go more conservative in FA and the draft and end up perpetually mediocre.

If you want to make a big change, you make a big change.

You get what you pay for.

I'll agree with that.

Oldbillsfan
11-10-2008, 06:27 PM
No, the Bills got owned by the team that went undefeated regular season last year but who dont have their starting QB or starting RB (if there is ONE). I dont consider 10 points getting owned by the way.

They lost this game by shooting themselves in the foot more than because the Pats were so much better.

When I say owned I am talking about not getting a win in the past 9 games against NE. What is the difference how much they lose by? They OWN the Bills, and to top it off even used Sam Aiken to rub it in.

RockStar36
11-10-2008, 06:28 PM
A thread like this only makes me think that you were in complete agreement with the coaching staff that the rushing numbers looked worse than they were yesterday because of a few kneel downs. What a load of excuses.

X-Era
11-10-2008, 06:45 PM
A thread like this only makes me think that you were in complete agreement with the coaching staff that the rushing numbers looked worse than they were yesterday because of a few kneel downs. What a load of excuses.

No, I think the rushing numbers are down. Its a big reason our offense hasnt been able to score effectively week in and week out. Lynch is not as good as he was last year. I dont know why. I wonder if he has some sort of injury that we dont know about.

I do think our OL is not opening up consistent holes, but I also wonder if were to predictable when we run. I think Jackson has had better yards at times because teams are stacking the line when Lynch is out there.

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 06:46 PM
We know... we see it in every single ****ing thread.

Good, that's what I want.

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 06:47 PM

Excellent post.

tat2dmike77
11-10-2008, 07:27 PM

Same here. When the bafoon was hired i thought oh great more bargain basement coaches wonderful. A somewhat of an upgrade from Mularky. Look at Jaruon track record and aside from one good season in chicago he sucks!

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Same here. When the bafoon was hired i thought oh great more bargain basement coaches wonderful. A somewhat of an upgrade from Mularky. Look at Jaruon track record and aside from one good season in chicago he sucks!

I know, it's just so frustrating. I just don't understand why Ralphy wouldn't have wanted to hire a real HC to win him the SB before he died? This guy must really not be interested in winning a championship.

madness
11-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Good, that's what I want.

I know. :D

tat2dmike77
11-10-2008, 07:36 PM
I know, it's just so frustrating. I just don't understand why Ralphy wouldn't have wanted to hire a real HC to win him the SB before he died? This guy must really not be interested in winning a championship.

Personally i think it is greed. He wants to keep as much money as he can for his family after he takes a crap. But he doesn't want to sell to someone like Jim Kelly who would spend the money that is neccesary to make this team a winner. That way say if Kelly bought the team and re-tooled it then won a SB Wilson would be pissed.

I'm starting to think that Ralph and Al Davis are in the same league as far as thinking about football. They think they can bring in unproven coaches and win with a bargain basement coaching staff.

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Personally i think it is greed. He wants to keep as much money as he can for his family after he takes a crap. But he doesn't want to sell to someone like Jim Kelly who would spend the money that is neccesary to make this team a winner. That way say if Kelly bought the team and re-tooled it then won a SB Wilson would be pissed.

I'm starting to think that Ralph and Al Davis are in the same league as far as thinking about football. They think they can bring in unproven coaches and win with a bargain basement coaching staff.

I can't argue that you're wrong. That's the bad part, greed is probably the reason.

Oaf
11-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Oaf

A starting caliber DE
A starting caliber WR

And until we find a way to coach better or utilize our drafts better, we will never do better than a wildcard exit?

Its still early, you sure you wanted to be quoted on that?
Yes.
Im ticked like everyone else, but 3 bad games does not equal a season.
Agreed.

Griff
11-10-2008, 09:02 PM
October sucked, November isn't showing any signs of improving. The monday night game is key.

OpIv37
11-10-2008, 09:05 PM

But but but but but...... Bellicheck sucked in Cleveland and went on to be great in NE! So it can happen to Jauron too! That's much more likely than Jauron being like Norv Turner or Dave Wannstead and sucking everywhere they go, right?

/sarcasm.

justasportsfan
11-11-2008, 08:16 AM

Get a frikkin grip.

2 starting O-linemen
Our pro-bowl DE
Our starting S
1 starting OLB (crowell)
1 starting WR

Im pissed just like everyone else, but saying Jauron is useless is a worthless post. Saying Trent is crap is ignorant.You ready to change your handle to HamdanEra yet?

Marvelous
11-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Playoffs are no longer on my mind because seriously, how are we gonna win any games playing like we are... Our Coach is different in the worst way & our #! CB is mediocre at at beast...& WE have about 10 other large problems like pass rush, safety play etc...

RockStar36
11-11-2008, 11:41 AM
EdwardsEra - How can you sit there and list a million excuses and then think they are still going to the playoffs?

You are listing Crowell as an excuse and he hasn't played a down all season. So if that is an excuse for losing right now, what is going to change in the coming weeks?

Lone Stranger
11-11-2008, 11:45 AM
We need Bill Cowher.

djjimkelly
11-11-2008, 12:23 PM

u just named off half the D lol

djjimkelly
11-11-2008, 12:24 PM
We need Bill Cowher.

we need something

raphael120
11-11-2008, 12:49 PM

2 starting O-linemen
Our pro-bowl DE
Our starting S
1 starting OLB (crowell)
1 starting WR

Know Miami? 1-15 Miami? They're playing way better than us right now. THAT'S EMBARRASSING!

Pennington, Ronnie Brown, Joey Porter, Joe Thomas >>> Trent, Lynch, Stroud, Peters

raphael120
11-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Playoffs are no longer on my mind because seriously, how are we gonna win any games playing like we are... Our Coach is different in the worst way & our #! CB is mediocre at at beast...& WE have about 10 other large problems like pass rush, safety play etc...

Youre totally right. Its not like we're even equipped for playoffs and losing. We're just flat out hot garbage. No run game + crap weather = even more trouble.

I can handle us competing and still losing, but we're not even doing that. We're just incompetent and lifeless. We play stupid football.

X-Era
11-11-2008, 02:46 PM
EdwardsEra - How can you sit there and list a million excuses and then think they are still going to the playoffs?

You are listing Crowell as an excuse and he hasn't played a down all season. So if that is an excuse for losing right now, what is going to change in the coming weeks?

On Crowell, I think it got lost in the translation that we are starting a backup at OLB. Thats my point. Ellison is not starting material.

Many of the players that weren't playing on Sunday were recent inuuries, that means health has played a part in our losses. Call it an excuse, call it crap, I really don't care. Its a fact and it effects teams results. But, we may also be getting some of the guys back and yes, I expect us to play better when that happens. With some of our players back from injury, our easy schedule (outside of our division), its possible to still go to the playoffs. Thats the facts.

Some fo you have written us off, fine. But dont state that opinion as a fact, it isnt.

X-Era
11-11-2008, 02:47 PM
u just named off half the D lol

Your right... I did.