X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELAYAS
    • Sep 2008

Why not another O-Line thread?

OK, so I have this doubt since the jests game... and I know there already is a lot of talk on this subject, but I didn't find a answer yet (at least a satisfying one).

I don't know that much about footbal, esp the more "technical" stuff, but even I could see our lineS strugglin' BAD (in spite of the thread title, I actually want to ask about BOTH of them)!

So, I think everyone agrees the job isn't being done, but why is that?

Are the players weak? And with (one of?) the heaviest O-lines in the league that would mean they are just fat?

Do they suck? No technique/skill to compete?

Or is it the scheme? I really have NO idea how O-line schemes work, but i saw some of you say it might be it...

Same thing goes for our D-line... Crap, I see Edwards getting hit all the time (sacked or not), while our guys always seem to be so far from the opposing QB...

Hope the "coaches" here can explain it to me... maybe I could learn something to use in our league next year... (perhaps Bills coaches check the responses and learn something too)

• X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Why not another O-Line thread?

Originally posted by ELAYAS
    OK, so I have this doubt since the jests game... and I know there already is a lot of talk on this subject, but I didn't find a answer yet (at least a satisfying one).

I don't know that much about footbal, esp the more "technical" stuff, but even I could see our lineS strugglin' BAD (in spite of the thread title, I actually want to ask about BOTH of them)!

So, I think everyone agrees the job isn't being done, but why is that?

Are the players weak? And with (one of?) the heaviest O-lines in the league that would mean they are just fat?

Do they suck? No technique/skill to compete?

Or is it the scheme? I really have NO idea how O-line schemes work, but i saw some of you say it might be it...

Same thing goes for our D-line... Crap, I see Edwards getting hit all the time (sacked or not), while our guys always seem to be so far from the opposing QB...

Hope the "coaches" here can explain it to me... maybe I could learn something to use in our league next year... (perhaps Bills coaches check the responses and learn something too)

Lynch may not be following his blocks, Trent doesnt have people open, sometimes hold on to the ball to long, theres bad play calling, and the o-line has made mistakes.

Its called losing as a team, and we are doing it. Seriously, the OL is no more to blame than any other position.

Frankly, Id blame the D before the OL.

Comment

• ELAYAS
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
      Lynch may not be following his blocks, Trent doesnt have people open, sometimes hold on to the ball to long, theres bad play calling, and the o-line has made mistakes.

Its called losing as a team, and we are doing it. Seriously, the OL is no more to blame than any other position.

Frankly, Id blame the D before the OL.
      So is it a coincidence that everyone is taking turns at sucking or can we assume it's the coaches fault?

Oh, and how much the OL coaching change could affect them? McNally(?) left us right?

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

So is it a coincidence that everyone is taking turns at sucking or can we assume it's the coaches fault?

Oh, and how much the OL coaching change could affect them? McNally(?) left us right?
        2 things:

1) I dont think they are as bad as everyone makes them out to be
        2) I think you may be right about the OL coaching

Comment

• ELAYAS
          • Sep 2008

2 things:

1) I dont think they are as bad as everyone makes them out to be
          2) I think you may be right about the OL coaching
          Comparing them to the teams we played against, they don't seem to produce much, esp when I see Trent being knocked around so many times, while others QBs seem almost untouchable (I say this by only watching our games and reviewing the highlights, as I don't have as much access as I would like to). But, hey, "that's the impression that I get"...

I wouldn't say that I'm right... It was more a hypothese, granted I have no idea how much of an influence that change could have on their performance from one yar to the next...

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Comparing them to the teams we played against, they don't seem to produce much, esp when I see Trent being knocked around so many times, while others QBs seem almost untouchable (I say this by only watching our games and reviewing the highlights, as I don't have as much access as I would like to). But, hey, "that's the impression that I get"...

I wouldn't say that I'm right... It was more a hypothese, granted I have no idea how much of an influence that change could have on their performance from one yar to the next...
            Next game count to 3 after the snap when Trent drops back, if he still has the ball, hes holding on to it too long. It may be because of the play called or its Trents mistake. Anyways, just count to 3.

Comment

• ELAYAS
              • Sep 2008

Next game count to 3 after the snap when Trent drops back, if he still has the ball, hes holding on to it too long. It may be because of the play called or its Trents mistake. Anyways, just count to 3.
              I'll try to... but if I count it when the browns qb (quinn?) has the ball, how different will those times probably be? Seemed that cassel had way more than that in so many plays... Maybe it's our D-line that's being ineffective then? I really just watched some Bills' games, so I basically compare them to their opponents...

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

I'll try to... but if I count it when the browns qb (quinn?) has the ball, how different will those times probably be? Seemed that cassel had way more than that in so many plays... Maybe it's our D-line that's being ineffective then? I really just watched some Bills' games, so I basically compare them to their opponents...
                Brady has made a living from having all damn day back there. The Pats have one of the best coached teams in the league and that also applys to the O line.

Seriously, I dont know what we will see, but I think you be suprised to see Trent having 3 seconds very often when he throws.

I could be wrong, but everyones arguements would be stronger with data.

Comment

Working...
                X