PDA

View Full Version : The Case for 10-6

Don't Panic
11-10-2008, 06:58 PM
So we are definitely at the low point of the season. I knew we weren't as good as we thought we were at 4-0 almost as much as I know we aren't as bad as we are at 1-4 in the last 5. I really feel like if the play calling was a little wiser (ie run more), we would have put ourselves in positions to win these last three games. That is why I truly believe we could rattle off three in a row starting with Cleveland and put ourselves in a great position to go 2-2 in the final four weeks and possibly pull out the wild card. If we simply weren't good enough, I wouldn't argue this point, but the talent is there. The ability to win games is there. We just have to alter our approach a little bit and we'll get back on track.

The bottom line is that we are one game above .500 with seven to go. That is the benefit to winning the first four games. We have squandered the lead we had on everyone else, but we are still in control of our destiny... especially if we can get two wins out of the division and play up to par against everyone else.

Pinkerton Security
11-10-2008, 07:09 PM
So we are definitely at the low point of the season. I knew we weren't as good as we thought we were at 4-0 almost as much as I know we aren't as bad as we are at 1-4 in the last 5. I really feel like if the play calling was a little wiser (ie run more), we would have put ourselves in positions to win these last three games. That is why I truly believe we could rattle off three in a row starting with Cleveland and put ourselves in a great position to go 2-2 in the final four weeks and possibly pull out the wild card. If we simply weren't good enough, I wouldn't argue this point, but the talent is there. The ability to win games is there. We just have to alter our approach a little bit and we'll get back on track.

The bottom line is that we are one game above .500 with seven to go. That is the benefit to winning the first four games. We have squandered the lead we had on everyone else, but we are still in control of our destiny... especially if we can get two wins out of the division and play up to par against everyone else.

indeed brother. Being realistic is all well and good in certain situations but come Friday, its time to get down to rooting for the team I cant wait to see all spring and summer!

Don't Panic
11-10-2008, 07:41 PM
indeed brother. Being realistic is all well and good in certain situations but come Friday, its time to get down to rooting for the team I cant wait to see all spring and summer!

Amen!

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm still rooting for them, but I just don't know. I hope you're right.

Yasgur's Farm
11-10-2008, 07:49 PM
We all (Bills players and coaches included) need to stop thinking about our potential 16 game record, and start concentrating on beating our next opponent!!!!

christhebillsfan783
11-10-2008, 07:58 PM
The way i see it is to realisticlly make the playoffs we need to win the next three and MUST win the rest of the division games because if we want a wild card spot were gonna be competing with our division teams cause we are all bunched up. So as i see it right now. To make the playoffs we can realisticly loose one more game. That is just my thought, but at this point of the season and our current divison standing and record, that is what needs to happen.

Griz78
11-10-2008, 08:22 PM
We'll win the next four!

RedEyE
11-11-2008, 07:09 AM
This team has the talent and the ability to win the next 4 games but they need to get their head out of their ass and do it. The coaching staff has some serious work ahead of them this week.

Browns - struggling
Chiefs - struggling
49ers - struggling
Dolphins - beatable

mybills
11-11-2008, 08:22 AM
I really feel like if the play calling was a little wiser (ie run more), we would have put ourselves in positions to win these last three games.
They've been trying to run..no holes are being opened.

Don't Panic
11-11-2008, 05:43 PM
They've been trying to run..no holes are being opened.

The line has failed us, yes, but there is no way we should be passing on 2nd and short. Try that play on 3rd and short... if you can't muster a few yards on a 2nd down run.

PECKERWOOD
11-11-2008, 08:21 PM
It's still a dogfight in the AFC East, nobody should be giving up just yet!

HHURRICANE
11-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I can't give away my zonebucks. Because sadly I've been right and I think Thurm owes me his.

But I'll bet them all that we don't make the playoffs. You can't go 0-3 in the division and make the playoffs.

I'd be already done with this team if it wasn't for the game being on Monday Night. No more wasting a Sunday afternoon and a $100 bar bill.

mybills
11-12-2008, 06:31 AM
The line has failed us, yes, but there is no way we should be passing on 2nd and short. Try that play on 3rd and short... if you can't muster a few yards on a 2nd down run.
I'm not disagreeing with you, so again, they've been trying to run. Your scenario has only happened a couple of times..prolly because they were desperate to try anything. Personally, I think a surprise bomb would shake things up, but they've abandoned that, too. :ill: