PDA

View Full Version : BILLieve Desktop

Bat09Freak
11-10-2008, 09:00 PM
At times like this, BILLieving is all we can do...

1024x768-
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/BillsDesktops/billievedesktop1.jpg?t=1226372233

1400x900-
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/BillsDesktops/billievedesktopwidescreen.jpg?t=1226371991

OpIv37
11-10-2008, 09:06 PM
6 weeks too late....

hydro
11-10-2008, 09:35 PM
6 weeks too late....

Was there really a need to crap on this thread?

Oaf
11-10-2008, 09:37 PM
That's sick man, I could use a poster of that. It's on my laptop now.

OpIv37
11-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Was there really a need to crap on this thread?

Yup.

The team hasn't given us reason to BILLIEVE for almost a month now.

jamze132
11-11-2008, 04:39 AM
Sorry but I just don't want to even look at a Buffalo Bills logo right now. I am still pissed that we just went 0-3 through division play. Embarrassed and pissed. Maybe I will BILLieve next year...

BlackMetalNinja
11-11-2008, 06:20 AM
Yup.

The team hasn't given ME reason to BILLIEVE for almost a month now.
Fixed... you don't speak for all the rest of us last I checked

OpIv37
11-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Fixed... you don't speak for all the rest of us last I checked

Please explain to me what logical reason you have to keep "Billieving" in this team after the last 3 weeks.

hydro
11-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Please explain to me what logical reason you have to keep "Billieving" in this team after the last 3 weeks.

Because just like the first four weeks, this stretch could be a fluke. Or is that not even remotely possible?

OpIv37
11-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Because just like the first four weeks, this stretch could be a fluke. Or is that not even remotely possible?

it's possible but not very likely, given how this team completely shut down the last three weeks and barely got by (supposedly) inferior competition for 6 weeks or so before that.

Even if it's true, that's all you got? "I still believe in this team because this losing streak MIGHT be a fluke"? Sorry, but that's not even close to being a sufficient reason.

hydro
11-11-2008, 07:41 PM
it's possible but not very likely, given how this team completely shut down the last three weeks and barely got by (supposedly) inferior competition for 6 weeks or so before that.

Even if it's true, that's all you got? "I still believe in this team because this losing streak MIGHT be a fluke"? Sorry, but that's not even close to being a sufficient reason.

All of this over a desktop? Why do you feel the need to bring everyone down to your level of pesimistic fandom? Some people, believe it or not, like to think positive even though you are completely incapable of doing so. I could understand if this was a thread stating that we should keep billieving because of a,b and c reasons and you want to spark discussion. But the thread was created to pass along a nice desktop for cripes sake.

OpIv37
11-11-2008, 08:01 PM
All of this over a desktop? Why do you feel the need to bring everyone down to your level of pesimistic fandom? Some people, believe it or not, like to think positive even though you are completely incapable of doing so. I could understand if this was a thread stating that we should keep billieving because of a,b and c reasons and you want to spark discussion. But the thread was created to pass along a nice desktop for cripes sake.

I'm capable of thinking positive when the situation warrants it. This situation doesn't. This team is struggling. They have been struggling all year but benefited from an easy schedule. Some people like to think positive- I prefer to think realistically. And given that this is a fan forum in which the whole point is for people to exchange opinions, I will respond to their positive opinions with my realistic ones.

HHURRICANE
11-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Bills are the best!!!!

Even though they went 0-3 against their division foes and have lost 4 of their last 5.

PECKERWOOD
11-11-2008, 08:06 PM

Because we're 5-4 and we're still in it.

OpIv37
11-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Because we're 5-4 and we're still in it.

Technically, we're still in it.
Realistically, we're not.

We're behind the ****ing DOLPHINS in the playoff race. That's how bad it is.

HHURRICANE
11-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Technically, we're still in it.
Realistically, we're not.

We're behind the ****ing DOLPHINS in the playoff race. That's how bad it is.

You need to "billieve".

I actually have defended Jauron on this site but how the organization gives him an extension before we make the playoffs or have a winning record is just hilarious.

We are in such a hurry to get a deal that we didn't want to risk having to bring in a "high priced" coach.

hydro
11-11-2008, 08:34 PM
And all this starts up in a thread that is made to just distribute a desktop that either he made or least found. Gimme a ****ing break.

OpIv37
11-11-2008, 08:40 PM
And all this starts up in a thread that is made to just distribute a desktop that either he made or least found. Gimme a ****ing break.

My apologies. From now on, I will check with you before I post to determine whether or not you deem my post appropriate for the topic of the thread. Apparently I missed the portion of the TOS that stated you were the one who determined relevance.

hydro
11-11-2008, 08:43 PM
My apologies. From now on, I will check with you before I post to determine whether or not you deem my post appropriate for the topic of the thread. Apparently I missed the portion of the TOS that stated you were the one who determined relevance.

Wow, can you be a little more dramatic?

OpIv37
11-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Wow, can you be a little more dramatic?

Me? You're the one freaking out because according to you, my post wasn't on topic, but I'M the one being dramatic? Give me a break.

tat2dmike77
11-11-2008, 08:59 PM
It's cool.

But until this team shows some heart on the field i have no reason to believe anything will change this season. Jaruon is a moron and he has the team playing like that a bunch of morons. We supposivly have one of the heaviest O-line in the league and yet they have been pushed around like a bunch of nerds on the playground. Until this team plays like we all know they can and should i can't just sit here and think the Bills are going to win.

I thought that this NE game the Bills would come out and play like a bunch of rabid dogs. Instead they came out playing like a bunch of ******ed puppies. Yeah i know the score was 20-10 but really if you watched the game it was 20-3 that last TD was basically garbage time for the Pats.

Oh and OP will vouch i am a homer so this does not come from a doom gloom guy this is just how we are playing and i am sick of this crap.

OpIv37
11-11-2008, 09:03 PM
It's cool.

But until this team shows some heart on the field i have no reason to believe anything will change this season. Jaruon is a moron and he has the team playing like that a bunch of morons. We supposivly have one of the heaviest O-line in the league and yet they have been pushed around like a bunch of nerds on the playground. Until this team plays like we all know they can and should i can't just sit here and think the Bills are going to win.

I thought that this NE game the Bills would come out and play like a bunch of rabid dogs. Instead they came out playing like a bunch of ******ed puppies. Yeah i know the score was 20-10 but really if you watched the game it was 20-3 that last TD was basically garbage time for the Pats.

Oh and OP will vouch i am a homer so this does not come from a doom gloom guy this is just how we are playing and i am sick of this crap.

see, hydro? This is what I'm talking about.

Even the people who usually call me pessimistic and try to keep the board positive are finding it difficult to buy in after the last 3 weeks. And I'm not an egomaniac- I know it's got nothing to do with me. It has to do with the way this team has performed.

When we were 4-0 or 5-1 or even 5-2, it's easy for fans to look at a "BILLIEVE" screen saver and go "Hell yeah!". Now, fans just look at it and sigh.

hydro
11-11-2008, 09:06 PM
see, hydro? This is what I'm talking about.

Even the people who usually call me pessimistic and try to keep the board positive are finding it difficult to buy in after the last 3 weeks. And I'm not an egomaniac- I know it's got nothing to do with me. It has to do with the way this team has performed.

When we were 4-0 or 5-1 or even 5-2, it's easy for fans to look at a "BILLIEVE" screen saver and go "Hell yeah!". Now, fans just look at it and sigh.

I didn't say what you were commenting on wasn't true. You just shouldn't feel the need to bring it up all the time. There are plenty of other threads to comment on how terrible this team is playing.

But you have a right to do as you please. I also have a right to not agree with you needing to ruin perfectly fine threads that was not intended for rabid bills discussion.

OpIv37
11-11-2008, 09:08 PM
fair enough.

BlackMetalNinja
11-12-2008, 06:17 AM
Please explain to me what logical reason you have to keep "Billieving" in this team after the last 3 weeks.Regardless of my personal opinion, you saying that the team hasn't given all of us as a collective a reason to believe is not correct. Your opinions don't count for everybody, no matter how hard you try and make them.

jamze132
11-12-2008, 07:25 AM
A desktop of an image that tries to inspire motivation and complete homerism at this point. The Bills had their chance to get EVERY Bills fan allover the world to hop on the train all the way to the playoffs but that train was derailed as soon as we got on-board. They have completely tanked recently so forgive some of us who aren't 100% behind a super cool desktop for my ****ing computer. I would rather stare at a Vista logo.

OpIv37
11-12-2008, 07:32 AM
Regardless of my personal opinion, you saying that the team hasn't given all of us as a collective a reason to believe is not correct. Your opinions don't count for everybody, no matter how hard you try and make them.

See, here's the problem: you people continually insist that all opinions are equally valid. The quantitative data (most importantly W-L but other statistics as well) and the qualitative evaluation on this field support my opinion that there is no reason to believe in this team anymore. You can deny that all you want but I've made a MUCH stronger case for my opinion than you could ever hope to make for yours.

hydro
11-12-2008, 07:33 AM
A desktop of an image that tries to inspire motivation and complete homerism at this point. The Bills had their chance to get EVERY Bills fan allover the world to hop on the train all the way to the playoffs but that train was derailed as soon as we got on-board. They have completely tanked recently so forgive some of us who aren't 100% behind a super cool desktop for my ****ing computer. I would rather stare at a Vista logo.

Just read post #23. That explains my distaste of where this thread went...

BlackMetalNinja
11-12-2008, 07:38 AM
See, here's the problem: you people continually insist that all opinions are equally valid. The quantitative data (most importantly W-L but other statistics as well) and the qualitative evaluation on this field support my opinion that there is no reason to believe in this team anymore. You can deny that all you want but I've made a MUCH stronger case for my opinion than you could ever hope to make for yours.I haven't made a case for my opinion either way... but the fact that you are now telling us what people as a collective believe in or don't is sad. Why couldn't you have simply stated it as a matter of your personal viewpoint instead of trying to make it a collective for the entirety of Bills fans???

OpIv37
11-12-2008, 08:26 AM
I haven't made a case for my opinion either way... but the fact that you are now telling us what people as a collective believe in or don't is sad. Why couldn't you have simply stated it as a matter of your personal viewpoint instead of trying to make it a collective for the entirety of Bills fans???

because my opinion is very reasonable and the opposite one isn't very reasonable, so if I made any assumption at all, it's that my fellow Bills fans are reasonable. I really didn't think anyone would find that objectionable.

BlackMetalNinja
11-12-2008, 10:08 AM
because my opinion is very reasonable and the opposite one isn't very reasonable, so if I made any assumption at all, it's that my fellow Bills fans are reasonable. I really didn't think anyone would find that objectionable.:lol: You should know by now that plenty of people here find your opinion objectionable.