PDA

View Full Version : Dick Jauron Does Not Play Football.

BillsWin
11-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Wow, it just hit me!

Dick Jauron is the head coach of the football team, and yes certain problems with the team can be traced towards poor clock managment, play calling, and bad challenging decisions.

But Jauron does not throw the pads on! He does not go on the field and fail to execute! He does not miss blocking assignments! He isn't sitting out with an injury hurting the team! He doesn't overthrow passes! He doesn't drop passes! He doesn't fumble the football! He doesn't produce tournovers! He doesn't let the other team drive down the field when we need a stop! He doesn't stall drives!

Dick Jauron doesn't play football.

Some of you complain about run, run, pass punt.

If we could execute those plays it wouldnt matter! we would be getting 8-10 yards with 2 runs and yes, 3rd down is usually passing situation if you are a run first team not executing!

And I have seen several times in games where we pass on first down, sometimes we don't execute and we go three and out.

Point is, the team is at fault, it is not JUST Dick's fault.

So why don't we fire Edwards, or Peters, or Walker, or Butler, or Whittle, or Hardy, or McKelvin!

Oh! why don't we fire Whitner and Reed because them being hurt is undoubtedly hurting this team!

If you went down the line and point blame at people then this entire team is at fault!

Football is a team sport, Dick Jauron lays out a game plan it is up to the people who PLAY FOOTBALL to execute the gameplan!

Dick Jauron does not play football.

Saratoga Slim
11-11-2008, 10:05 AM
It's true. There's a lot more to our current slump than coaching.

BillsWin
11-11-2008, 10:09 AM
It's true. There's a lot more to our current slump than coaching.

Coaching
injuries
competition
poor execution
certain players

Its all combining to be the perfect storm...

THATHURMANATOR
11-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Coaches must put their players in a position to win. Jauron and Company have not been doing that lately. He needs to get his head out of his ass.

Night Train
11-11-2008, 10:13 AM
No but he supposedly does have the final say on who steps onto the field and what coaches work for him.

If you scheme (Cover 2) poorly on D & put players on the O line that cannot block, you're not helping the cause. He can change that.

Pride
11-11-2008, 10:15 AM
I disagree.. I think MOST of our problems are a result of bad schemes. These bad schemes are taught and imposed on players BY THE COACHES.

The players don't call 99% of our run plays to run between the tackles.
The players don't call no throws over 20 yards
The players don't call defenses where the CB's line up 12 yards off the WR when all the offense has done all day is throw quick slants and quick outs.

The SCHEMES are bad... not the players.

justasportsfan
11-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Bellicheat does not put the pads on but he is able to make sure that whoever does it able to perform. It's the coaches job to make sure they do and Dick isn't getting it done. I mean cmon, Aiken catching balls like he never did when he was here? Aiken is catching balls from a back up when he couldn't catch anything from our starters?

It's the coaches job to device a plan for players to be able to make plays. This team has talent that is way underperforming. I wasn't on board when we hired Dick but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and gave him 3 years. Other teams that are in their first year of rebuild are doing better than us with rookie qb's.

djjimkelly
11-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Coaches must put their players in a position to win. Jauron and Company have not been doing that lately. He needs to get his head out of his ass.

im sorry i cannot think of one game where i can say in the last 3 years jauron what a guru he won that game

djjimkelly
11-11-2008, 10:37 AM
I disagree.. I think MOST of our problems are a result of bad schemes. These bad schemes are taught and imposed on players BY THE COACHES.

The players don't call defenses where the CB's line up 12 yards off the WR when all the offense has done all day is throw quick slants and quick outs.

i cursed this cover 2 D the first time i heard it was coming to buffalo.

we run a premise on D that we are waiting for others to make a mistake instead of trying to dictate. a pure recipe for failure

djjimkelly
11-11-2008, 10:39 AM
lol im also just thinking cassel a guy who truly has no starts since highschool and we dont pressure or blitz him.

its a joke i think most 10 year olds would at least try and test the offense and qbs decision making skills on 3rd down with some blitzes.

but nope our coaches are too smart we might give up the big play if we blitz

bluerosekiller
11-11-2008, 11:33 AM
No, Jauron doesn't play.

But, teams adopt a coach's personality & on the field this team has NO personality.

bigbub2352
11-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Cant get motivated for a game if your coach is a joke, and u cant have good morale if everytime the game is on the line he gets outcoached,
cant have good morale if u screw up every challenge either way
Cant get to motivated if ur D and O coach consistently dont prepare you for your opponent
Trust me Coaching is the major problem, we have talent they are not utilizing properly, also cant run a D Scheme when u dont have the players to run it and yet refuse to change it up
Cant run an Offense with terribly predictable playcalling and horrible offensive line play again what kinda scheme are they coaching this young massive offensive line, i guess that wouldnt contribute to how they play

bigbub2352
11-11-2008, 11:50 AM

Great post bro!!

Mr. Pink
11-11-2008, 12:02 PM
I think our problem is inferior talent that stems with the lines.

The main culprits are the GMs we've had since Butler...like him or not, Butler brought in talent and our team was a playoff team.

Since Butler, what have we done? A whole lot of nothing.

We need better people in the front office who can find the talent that we need to win football games. Til that happens, we could have Bill Cowher as the head coach and not win games.

Example, look at what Paul Brown did in Cleveland then compare in to Cincy....Jimmy Johnson in Dallas vs Miami...George Seiffert in SF vs Carolina...Did all these guys magically get dumber and not know what they were doing? No, the talent was different. It works in the opposite too...Belichick in Cleveland vs New England.

We need better talent evaluators overall, period.

djjimkelly
11-11-2008, 12:07 PM
I think our problem is inferior talent that stems with the lines.

The main culprits are the GMs we've had since Butler...like him or not, Butler brought in talent and our team was a playoff team.

Since Butler, what have we done? A whole lot of nothing.

We need better people in the front office who can find the talent that we need to win football games. Til that happens, we could have Bill Cowher as the head coach and not win games.

Example, look at what Paul Brown did in Cleveland then compare in to Cincy....Jimmy Johnson in Dallas vs Miami...George Seiffert in SF vs Carolina...Did all these guys magically get dumber and not know what they were doing? No, the talent was different. It works in the opposite too...Belichick in Cleveland vs New England.

We need better talent evaluators overall, period.

i agree just think butler while spending like a madman took the left overs from the 1988-1995 run and built a team for the 1998 and 1999 seasons.

hell werent we a top 3 D both years. we should have hired AJ smith when butler went out. at least then we would have a real scheme on defense. and probably more then 1 pass rusher.

djjimkelly
11-11-2008, 12:09 PM
what is truly sad when jauron is actually flushed for good and god knows when that will be.

we wont have a roster to make a switch to any other scheme on D. call it whatever you like but this team doesnt have many players that would be playing elsewhere in the same role they play in here

Nighthawk
11-11-2008, 12:10 PM

Well said...Thurm!

Nighthawk
11-11-2008, 12:11 PM

Another great post!

djjimkelly
11-11-2008, 12:15 PM

lately im sorry i cant think of one game where i believe we won based on our coaches in the last 3 years

raphael120
11-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Oh Dick puts on pads it seems...too bad theyre Maxipads.

bigbub2352
11-11-2008, 12:44 PM
lately im sorry i cant think of one game where i believe we won based on our coaches in the last 3 years

Try 8 yrs LOL

djjimkelly
11-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Oh Dick puts on pads it seems...too bad theyre Maxipads.

lol