• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

time to admit something to ourselves

while ralph is alive we will never be a factor

lets be realistic if we think about the bills of the last 30 years.

we have had 1 significant run in 30 years from 1988 -1995 then again a minor run in 1998 and 1999.

there is one common factor throughout this time frame.

RALPH WILSON.

all we heard 2 or 3 years ago was that ralph was surrounding himself with people he trusted.

well i trust my mom but i wouldnt hire her.

i wont go so far as to call ralph cheap like others have in past i do think he spends cash at times.

but this constant hiring chumps to run our team has to stop.

we was ridiculed when we hired marv in the media we had a 7-9 year and all of a sudden we are darlings.

how low has the standards for football in this area dropped.

anyone who thinks this franchise is run anything like 90% of the franchises in the league is delusional.

this franchise takes the safe route in everything.

oh wait one thing we take chances on is our first round picks with draft day trades. and we never see them through.

lets just all admit to ourselves till this dynamic they have at 1 bills drive is over we will never be a factor in this league.

we can be that feel good story.

to end this rant i say **** you ralph wilson your reign of tragically average reigns supreme is the hearts and minds of bills football fans everywhere!!!!
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: time to admit something to ourselves

we should just have a sticky thread that everyone can rant in about how much they cant wait until Ralph dies. Seriously, it seems like after every loss I see about 3 threads talking about this.

Comment

• djjimkelly
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
      we should just have a sticky thread that everyone can rant in about how much they cant wait until Ralph dies. Seriously, it seems like after every loss I see about 3 threads talking about this.

look its a horrific thing to say and i truly dont like that i wrote ralph needs to go but its the truth.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by djjimkelly
        look its a horrific thing to say and i truly dont like that i wrote ralph needs to go but its the truth.
        im not in disagreement with you man. i will streak through my office if somehow Jimbo got his hands on the team.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

I actually think that we dont win **** as long as WIlson is the owner too. But you run a huge risk in saying that because there is a MUCH HIGHER chance than people will admit and digest on here that once Ralph is gone, so are the Bills.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• bluerosekiller
            • Jul 2008

Sure, "wishing" death on someone is a s hitty, harsh thing to do, but when that person is as old as Wilson is & as egotistical & self centered as he is, it's hardly a crime IMO. It's not as if he hasn't lived a long, full lifetime. He made riches beyond anyone else's dreams, he got to see his kids grow up, what more does he deserve?

And, it's not as if the old buzzard has made a commitment to making the Bills his legacy & is doing everything within his power to making them a legitimate contender in his final years. Far from it. Fact is, all he cares about is that they're JUST competitive enough to keep the stadium full & therefore fill his coffers even more. Other than that? Forget about it.

He's a total bottom line bastard that won't even consider making plans for the team's future beyond his inevitable passing. Because his only concern about that is keeping all the $$$ in his immediate family after his death. And, if that means that the Bills go elsewhere upon his passing, then so be it.
            Let's be real, he's just an old, rich *****. So, f uck him.

At this point, after the tease of the first six weeks of this season, I've just about had it anyhow. After 28 years of following this team as closely & passionately as possible, if it's going to take Wilson's passing & a new owner, hell, even a relocation to Toronto for them to become serious contenders, then let's get on with it.

I'm fed up with mediocrity.

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Is this about Ralph not understanding the game? Because I fail to understand Ralph's motivation to owning a mediocre team.

Seriously, what is the benefit of Ralph owning a losing franchise? And I would like for all of you to provide some specific examples about what he has done to intentionally sabotage his own team.

The more he wins the more money he makes.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

Ralph's refusal to pay for coaching and FO exe, is the major reason we continue this crap with the drafting and FA, how many misses does it take
                Get rid of everyone and start over, there is not one coach or FO guy i can say with a clear slate that have not decided themselves out of a job here
                We is Marv's great draft class's now?
                Were are the FAs from the last 5 yrs
                man we suck worst 5-4 team in the NFL
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
                  Is this about Ralph not understanding the game? Because I fail to understand Ralph's motivation to owning a mediocre team.

Seriously, what is the benefit of Ralph owning a losing franchise? And I would like for all of you to provide some specific examples about what he has done to intentionally sabotage his own team.

The more he wins the more money he makes.
                  Its simple he figured out a long time ago, he can put a mediocre team on the feild and all of us will pay to watch it, go to the games byt the merchandise and go on his website and buy season tickets, and go on trips to see them, and raise our kids to luv them all the while pocketing huge profits while paying out next to nothing for his FO and coaching staff, he still doesnt spent to the cap so he saves money there too
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• djjimkelly
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                    Ralph's refusal to pay for coaching and FO exe, is the major reason we continue this crap with the drafting and FA, how many misses does it take
                    Get rid of everyone and start over, there is not one coach or FO guy i can say with a clear slate that have not decided themselves out of a job here
                    We is Marv's great draft class's now?
                    Were are the FAs from the last 5 yrs
                    man we suck worst 5-4 team in the NFL

we are one of the bottom 5 franchises in this league. anyone who cannot admit that is delusional

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

If you go back 30 years, there was also a run in the early 80's.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                        Its simple he figured out a long time ago, he can put a mediocre team on the feild and all of us will pay to watch it, go to the games byt the merchandise and go on his website and buy season tickets, and go on trips to see them, and raise our kids to luv them all the while pocketing huge profits while paying out next to nothing for his FO and coaching staff, he still doesnt spent to the cap so he saves money there too
                        I agree that he can be a hardnosed business man, but would a succesful entrepenuer ever say no to the opportunity to make more money?

If he was really in it for the money I think he would have sold this team off long ago, collected and invested in new endeavors. This team is worth quite a bit more than it was several decades ago.

He loves the game and doesn't take losing entirely too well.

That doesn't mean he hasn't made a few mistakes (see Bill Polian) and that doesn't mean that he has to agree with the league and it's new ideas and policies.

He helped found this league. Hell if it wasn't for Ralph Wilson, not only would the Bills not be here, but neither would the Raiders.

I think its blasphamey to say that all he wants is nothing more but to sit back, collect on the production of mediocrity and take the city of Buffalo and the Bills franchise to his grave with him.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
                          shelby's big brother smilie smilie
                          • Mar 2007

The Bills made a very good attempt to right the ship signing players like Dockery and Walker, ect. Those guys aren't doing their job, plain and simple. Ralph could be like AL Davis or sign everyone like the Jets but that doesn't guarantee anything either.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Oldbillsfan
                            The Bills made a very good attempt to right the ship signing players like Dockery and Walker, ect. Those guys aren't doing their job, plain and simple. Ralph could be like AL Davis or sign everyone like the Jets but that doesn't guarantee anything either.

at least the jets are interesting we arent.

watch other teams play next week and tell me the bills play entertaining football

ill equate watching bills and entertaining and as watching mold grow

i have 2 tv s in my living room and watch bills on one and flip on the other.

to be honest the funnest team to watch is miami.

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                              Its completely true there are way too many threads on this

Its also probably true that we need new ownership

Comment

Working...
                              X