• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

LOL.. Trent Trent Trent

I am laughing at the scores of people in here who are going to write off Trent Edwards because a 2nd year QB, his first full season as the starter; playing behind a sorry excuse for a OL with only one reliable WR to throw too, and none (zero, zilch, squat) semblance of a running..

Because he's hit a rough stretch in the middle of the season and has had a couple of very sub-par games in a row.

yes.. He's playing like......a young QB with the forementioned issues around him usually does.

Criticizing him is one thing.. I think he SUCKED ASS against New England. But for not just a few, but several people in here concluding he is no better than Losman or average at best; is about as laughable as it is to me.

This kid is still going to be a great QB. Some of you are f'n insane.

Update:
    It reminds me a lot of Eli Manning. What a bust and a bum he was. Blahblahbalh. By NO coincidence, the Giants learned how to run the ball and rush the passer. Suddenly Eli Manning became a great QB. Coincidence?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: LOL.. Trent Trent Trent

We know you have never over-reacted before.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

It's about as insane as the people who were saying he is a league MVP.

D & S Sports

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We know you have never over-reacted before.
        nope.. never once ever

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

I love the comparison to Eli. Im not saying Trent is as good as Eli (who knows, he may be better, may be way worse) but me and buddy talked about this the other day. Eli was vilified in New York for doing so poorly his first couple years, I even thought he was on his way to being a monumental bust. But look at him now: he "manages" the game, but has progressively learned to light it up when he has to.

Comment

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
            • May 2007

People should just stop being so drastic about everything, I'm tired of everyone taking one extreme position.

Some weeks ago Trent Edwards was the new Tom Brady and today Trent Edwards is not better than Losman.

IMO Trent is a very good pocket QB but the problem is he is being handed too much responsability and not a good protection by his OL at all. Even in the games when we lost against the Dolphins and the Jets the offense was able to move the ball in contrast to the Losman era.
            I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Comment

• raphael120
              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              I am laughing at the scores of people in here who are going to write off Trent Edwards because a 2nd year QB, his first full season as the starter; playing behind a sorry excuse for a OL with only one reliable WR to throw too, and none (zero, zilch, squat) semblance of a running..

Because he's hit a rough stretch in the middle of the season and has had a couple of very sub-par games in a row.

yes.. He's playing like......a young QB with the forementioned issues around him usually does.

Criticizing him is one thing.. I think he SUCKED ASS against New England. But for not just a few, but several people in here concluding he is no better than Losman or average at best; is about as laughable as it is to me.

Update:
              It reminds me a lot of Eli Manning. What a bust and a bum he was. Blahblahbalh. By NO coincidence, the Giants learned how to run the ball and rush the passer. Suddenly Eli Manning became a great QB. Coincidence?

Youre right. It's kinda hard for a QB to succeed when we have SO little faith in our running game, we're going 5 wide shotgun on 3rd and 1.

PATHETIC.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Trent will be fine, he needs help.

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by raphael120
                  Youre right. It's kinda hard for a QB to succeed when we have SO little faith in our running game, we're going 5 wide shotgun on 3rd and 1.

PATHETIC.
                  Even if we did run the ball in that situation, I bet Jackson would be getting the call.

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by madness
                    Even if we did run the ball in that situation, I bet Jackson would be getting the call.
                    Let's get Omon in the game

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

Update:

great post, pat.

i see people who have criticized Edwards severely and they were right. what i don't see is people who are pro-Edwards calling those who criticize haters.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• acehole
                        • Jan 2006

OK we will wait for next year to laugh as you all did.
                        Waste another year if you want...I am laughing now......

I will be ahead of the curve....

Update:
                        Hated by the stupid..
                        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Actually in the first 5 games, Trent was playing like a person in the runnings for the League MVP.. I'm convinced still that Trent can be a very good QB in the NFL, however we obviously need to get some playmakers on offense who can help this guy. It's a shame that Butler has been hurt because his absence has been HUGE, especially against teams like the Jets and Patriots. Preston is a solid backup, not a starting caliber C, atleast not in our blocking scheme. The fact that we still have Whittle on our roster as a backup is enough proof that we need more talent on the OL. We need a STUD at center more than anything else. Our offense has it's overall General in Trent Edwards but now the OL needs their leader. I think in the mean time, Fowler should be the starting center. Listen, we got to 5-0 with Fowler under center, why change what was working, even though it kinda tailed off a bit? Atleast Fowler was starting on the team when it was making a playoff like climb going undefeated throughout the first 5 games. I'm all about upgrading our positions but the bottom line is, as much as we all would like to replace Fowler, we have nothing to replace him with.

Comment

• Griff
                            • Jul 2008

Trent is just going through a slump, it happens to all sports players, but since our line can't open a hole for Marshawn, we've been depending on Trent's play. And lets face it, we can't win if we can't produce a balanced attack.

Comment

• Jaybird
                              • Dec 2005

eli still sucks

Comment

Working...
                              X