PDA

View Full Version : So who we rooting for on Thur, and why?

patmoran2006
11-11-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm torn.

Dantheman1280
11-11-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm not! Forget the Patriots!!

raphael120
11-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Who ****ing cares? I'm tired of hoping other teams lose so that our team can hopefully maybe kinda sorta have a slim shot at the playoffs.

TacklingDummy
11-11-2008, 01:01 PM
The Jets.

Because they play the Titians the following week.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
11-11-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't care and it doesn't matters if we keep losing our divisional games.

SABURZFAN
11-11-2008, 01:02 PM
neither because i hate them both.

Coach Sal
11-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I think Bills fans should root for the Jets to beat New England Thursday night. The division would then look like this:

NYJ 7-3
NE 6-4
MIA 6-4 (assuming they beat Oakland)
BUF 6-4

The reason to want it to look this way is because the Jets then have to go to Tennessee the following week to play the Titans, which would be their chance for a loss. And New England/Miami play each other, assuring a loss for one of them, as well. A Bills win Monday and next week @ KC would put the Bills in a tie atop the divisin again, with all three divisional opponents still left to play again.

When it's all said and done, if the Bills take care of their own business (easier said than done) they'll be in a very good spot heading into their next division game in 4 weeks vs. Miami.

But if you think the division is still winnable (which I do), as opposed to trying to get a wild card spot, my opinion is we should want the Jets to win that game.

RockStar36
11-11-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm going for a tie

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
11-11-2008, 01:11 PM
I think Bills fans should root for the Jets to beat New England Thursday night. The division would then look like this:

NYJ 7-3
NE 6-4
BUF 6-4
In order for that to happen our teams should defeat the Browns and that is indeed a BIG assumption.

I would rather focus my good vibrations and positive energy to the Bills game lol.

patmoran2006
11-11-2008, 01:27 PM

NYJ 7-3
NE 6-4
BUF 6-4

The reason to want it to look this way is because the Jets then have to go to Tennessee the following week to play the Titans, which would be their chance for a loss. And New England/Miami play each other, assuring a loss for one of them, as well. A Bills win Monday and next week @ KC would put the Bills in a tie atop the divisin again, with all three divisional opponents still left to play again.

When it's all said and done, if the Bills take care of their own business (easier said than done) they'll be in a very good spot heading into their next division game in 4 weeks vs. Miami.

But if you think the division is still winnable (which I do), as opposed to trying to get a wild card spot, my opinion is we should want the Jets to win that game.
I tend to agree. Though if I'm being perfectly honest I dont think the Jets are going to not win the division, especially if they beat the Pats on Thursday. I think they're the most well-rounded team in the division.

We still have a chance for the division of course (and just as good a chance at finishing with 7-8 wins). but realistically, I'm looking for New England and Miami to slide a little, certainly a benefit to us. If NE was to lose Thursday to the Jets, they still have tough games remaining against not only Miami the next week, but also still Pitt and arizona at home, and Buffalo on the road. A little good fortune for us keeps them at 9-7.

The jets, after Tennessee the following week have an easier schedule. Their toughest game, at least on paper right now, is probably us at home in Week 15.

Regardless; given our division rival schedules, its going to take 10 wins to give us a real shot at any postseason.

psubills62
11-11-2008, 02:37 PM
IMO, either one would be good. If the Jets win, NE has a chance to go 0-3 over the next 3 games, so it would be easier for us to pass them then, and possibly get the wild card behind Cleveland. If we still want to win the division, then I'd say root for the Pats. Then both teams might go 1-2 over their next 3 games, and we could jump to the lead if we go 3-0 (depending on what Miami does).

Yasgur's Farm
11-11-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm rooting for Pats because I have them in both pickem pools.

DraftBoy
11-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Im going for a lightning storm to hit Atlanta so I dont have to work on Friday and can just start drinking 24 hours earlier...

Oh **** you meant the game...I dont care, I dont get NFL Network.

gr8slayer
11-11-2008, 07:09 PM
I could really care less who wins.

OpIv37
11-11-2008, 07:16 PM
As far as the Bills are concerned, it doesn't matter. Both teams are division teams and both teams already have a tiebreaker and a game up on the Bills.

So root for the Jets because the Pats are the root of all that is evil and unholy.

paladin warrior
11-11-2008, 07:22 PM
I am not rooting both.. I hate F moron both. I rooting for NY Giants and Buffalo Bills

DrGraves
11-11-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm rooting for the bills. we lose it's over. nothing else matters.

BillsWin
11-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Who cares, we need to focus on winning ourselves.

T-Long
11-11-2008, 09:15 PM
I don't hate the Jets at all...they are the only team in the division that I don't despise. How could we EVER root for the Patriots in anything? The Jets haven't been successful in a good while. I just can't ever see myself rooting FOR the Pats...it makes me want to puke thinking about it!!!

Also having Favre makes it that much easier to root for them on Thursday night.

BillsOwnAll
11-11-2008, 09:20 PM
If the bills win out well make the playoffs. other teams an do what they want. Were not at the pooint were we root for other teams to do something yet.

dreamwalker
11-11-2008, 09:31 PM
IMO, either one would be good. If the Jets win, NE has a chance to go 0-3 over the next 3 games, so it would be easier for us to pass them then, and possibly get the wild card behind Cleveland. If we still want to win the division, then I'd say root for the Pats. Then both teams might go 1-2 over their next 3 games, and we could jump to the lead if we go 3-0 (depending on what Miami does).

lets break down what the jets have done

Jets wins
Arizona- DIVISION LEADER
Miami-probably a 500 club
Cincinnati- A sub 500 club
Kansas City A sub 500 club
Rams- A sub 500 club

Jets Losses
New England- DIVISION LEADER
San Diego- A 500 club
Oakland- A sub 500 club

Jets lose the next 3 and that puts them at 6-6
Thats one team you shouldnt concern yourselves with

HughC
11-12-2008, 06:23 PM
This is a tough call. On one hand how we feel about the Patriots is well chronicled. On the other hand I detest the hype the Jets get due to their location. Add to that the media's love-fest with Favre, and get ready for espn turning into the all-favre, all-the-time network should the Jets win the division. If you thought the off season Favre coverage was over the top, wait till their first playoff game if they get that far. It's already starting with this "Hero" promo they keep running for Thursday's game. Sheesh, why don't they just have Favre riding on a white horse and white hat in to Dodge City, saving the day for the women and children from Belichick in a black hat and hoodie as he tries to rob the bank. The ad has the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

Since there's so much football yet to be played, how about we just root for a very tough, demanding game that goes deep in to overtime, leaving both sides physically and mentally exhausted?

CuseJetsFan83
11-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Since there's so much football yet to be played, how about we just root for a very tough, demanding game that goes deep in to overtime, leaving both sides physically and mentally exhausted?

this would have worked sunday when they only have 2/3 days to prepare for this game....

the jets get an extra 3 days to get a gameplan going for the undefeated titans on november 23, so who knows maybe that could help them?

CuseJetsFan83
11-12-2008, 06:57 PM
lets break down what the jets have done

Jets wins
Arizona- DIVISION LEADER
Miami-probably a 500 club
Cincinnati- A sub 500 club
Kansas City A sub 500 club
Rams- A sub 500 club

Jets Losses
New England- DIVISION LEADER
San Diego- A 500 club
Oakland- A sub 500 club

Jets lose the next 3 and that puts them at 6-6
Thats one team you shouldnt concern yourselves with

but to be fair lets compare what buffalo and NE have done for themselves:

buffalo wins
seattle - severely depleted seahawks... this was a win buffalo needed
jacksonville - gutcheck win, good for buffalo at the time
oakland - nearly beat the bills but rian lindell saved buffalo
st louis - in the hunt for the #1 pick
san diego - .500 team

buffalo losses
jets - co-division leader
NE - co-division leader
miami - slightly over .500 and have TB over bills
arizona - division leader

NE wins
KC - shock of brady injury played a part
NYJ - close game on both parts where turnovers were key
SF - SF controlled this game and gave it away
Denver - jeckyl and hyde team
ST louis - passing attack kept STL in the game but NE prevailed
Buffalo - just an all out bad gameplan by buffalo

NE losses
Miami - wildcat... enough said
SD - the ultimate jeckyl and hyde team... kills NYJ and NE but lost to buffalo
Indy - peyton gets a win...

its any given sunday and yes the jets COULD go 2-5 to 7-0 in that stretch just like any other team.....

but this is why they play the game, and don't play by paper rules

Jaybird
11-12-2008, 08:10 PM
jets.. pats won the first game... we need to try and get all 4 teams 3-3 in the division

Typ0
11-12-2008, 08:49 PM
I think the JESTS Will win

BleedinGreenNC
11-12-2008, 10:36 PM
yeah, hows the cellar?