PDA

View Full Version : Bills have few answers to questions

Coach Sal
11-11-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at some of this..........

Bills have few answers to questions<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Jerry Sullivan
Buffalo News

<o:p></o:p>
Some days, it seems, all you’re left with are questions:

Was it any surprise that in the moment of truth, Dick Jauron couldn’t get the challenge flag out in time?<o:p></o:p>
When are the Bills going to draft and develop a true stud lineman in the first round of the draft?<o:p></o:p>
After the last three games, do you wonder if Trent Edwards is suffering aftereffects from the concussion?<o:p></o:p>
Are you starting to have a few reservations about that great 2006 draft?<o:p></o:p>
How come the Steelers, no matter the players or the head coach, are always a tougher team than the Bills?<o:p></o:p>
Are you telling me Angelo Crowell couldn’t help this thin linebacking corps right about now?<o:p></o:p>
Didn’t Jauron sound a little tongue-tied when he was asked why he wasted the timeout at the end of the first half?<o:p></o:p>
Hasn’t Kyle Williams seemed a tad average the last few weeks?<o:p></o:p>
Aren’t you tired of hearing Jauron repeat himself in news conferences, repeat himself in news conferences?<o:p></o:p>
Are you losing a little enthusiasm for the big rematch against the Dolphins up in Toronto on Pearl Harbor Day?<o:p></o:p>
Do you notice a certain lack of passion and competitive fire in them lately? When was the last really big hit?<o:p></o:p>
Don’t you wish it was the Bills who realized Wes Welker could be a dynamite No. 2 wide receiver?<o:p></o:p>
Why do you use the 12th overall pick on a running back if you’re going to give him 15-16 carries a game?<o:p></o:p>
Can the Bills afford to keep Jabari Greer in town when he becomes a free agent after the season?<o:p></o:p>
Don’t you appreciate Aaron Schobel a little more when he’s not on the field?<o:p></o:p>
What does it say when Robert Royal becomes one of the go-to guys in your passing offense?<o:p></o:p>
Did Tim Connolly get hurt again yet? Oops, sorry, wrong sport.<o:p></o:p>
What, you’re telling me Reggie Corner is ahead of Leodis McKelvin on the depth chart at cornerback?<o:p></o:p>
Which game films did the scouts watch that convinced them Derrick Dockery was worth $49 million?<o:p></o:p>
Will Bill Belichick stick around long enough to break Don Shula’s record of 20 straight wins over the Bills?<o:p></o:p>
Does it appear that opposing teams have caught on to the fact that the linebackers are a bit slow in coverage?<o:p></o:p>
Did you turn off the TV during the Pats’ 19-play drive? Were you tempted to put your foot through the set?<o:p></o:p>
Did anyone else have chilling flashbacks to the Bledsoe era Sunday?<o:p></o:p>
What’s the over-under on the number of games it takes Marshawn Lynch to rush for 100 yards again?<o:p></o:p>
The way things are going, will the Chiefs actually be favored when the Bills show up in K. C. in two weeks?<o:p></o:p>
Are the Bills maybe waiting for Jauron to win another game before announcing that contract extension?<o:p></o:p>
If the Bills did promise to talk contract with Jason Peters during the season, what do they say now?<o:p></o:p>
Do you think J. P. Losman was laughing inside, just a little bit, after Edwards’ performance in Foxborough?<o:p></o:p>
What do you suppose Donte Whitner feels worse about right now, the shoulder or the guarantee?<o:p></o:p>
Is Lee Evans ever going to have a 100-yard receiving day against the Pats? Did you know he hasn’t had more than 40 yards against them in a game since 2005?<o:p></o:p>
Can you believe Roscoe Parrish has had 60 yards receiving in a game just once in his career?<o:p></o:p>
How did the Bills manage to make Matt Cassel look like Doug Flutie on those scrambles up the middle Sunday?<o:p></o:p>
How good is Paul Posluszny, really?<o:p></o:p>
When will I learn not to overreact when the Bills get off to a hot start?

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/490278.html

mybills
11-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Aren’t you tired of hearing Jauron repeat himself in news conferences, repeat himself in news conferences?

:roflmao:

Did anyone else have chilling flashbacks to the Bledsoe era Sunday?

YES.

RockStar36
11-11-2008, 01:48 PM
The Steelers question really bothers me. I'm always having the Steelers thrown in my face around here and it's starting to really open my eyes. Seriously, those guys just throw people into the mix and keep on moving. It's unreal. I thought for sure they would fall apart after Cowher but they just hired another coach and kept moving along. Meanwhile Dick is on our sideline just clapping after every play and not doing anything to get this team ready. It's sad.

Dr. Lecter
11-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Aren’t you tired of hearing Jauron repeat himself in news conferences, repeat himself in news conferences?

:roflmao:

Did anyone else have chilling flashbacks to the Bledsoe era Sunday?

YES.

Not really.
TE is nothing like Bledsoe, who had played in the league 10+ years when he came to Buffalo.

yordad
11-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Some days, it seems, all you’re left with are questions:

Was it any surprise that in the moment of truth, Dick Jauron couldn’t get the challenge flag out in time? no<o:p></o:p>
When are the Bills going to draft and develop a true stud lineman in the first round of the draft? I think they go for quanity, not quality, so never. <o:p></o:p>
After the last three games, do you wonder if Trent Edwards is suffering aftereffects from the concussion? No. Concussions don't skip two week. He may be tentitive due to the thought of receiving another though.<o:p></o:p>
Are you starting to have a few reservations about that great 2006 draft? Yeah<o:p></o:p>
How come the Steelers, no matter the players or the head coach, are always a tougher team than the Bills? They have a better owner (?). <o:p></o:p>
Are you telling me Angelo Crowell couldn’t help this thin linebacking corps right about now? No. I am telling you the exact opposite, and I've been saying that all year. <o:p></o:p>
Didn’t Jauron sound a little tongue-tied when he was asked why he wasted the timeout at the end of the first half? My guess is yeah, but his press conferences are worst then watching paint dry, so now I just watch paint dry instead. <o:p></o:p>
Hasn’t Kyle Williams seemed a tad average the last few weeks? Yep. And considering he has been a tad average, he has been one of best players. <o:p></o:p>
Aren’t you tired of hearing Jauron repeat himself in news conferences, repeat himself in news conferences? My guess is yeah, but his press conferences are worst then watching paint dry, so now I just watch paint dry instead. <o:p></o:p>
Are you losing a little enthusiasm for the big rematch against the Dolphins up in Toronto on Pearl Harbor Day? Nah. I didn't really start with much for that game. <o:p></o:p>
Do you notice a certain lack of passion and competitive fire in them lately? When was the last really big hit? No I hadn't really noticed. Wasn't the last big hit like a year ago. <o:p></o:p>
Don’t you wish it was the Bills who realized Wes Welker could be a dynamite No. 2 wide receiver? That would have been totally unBill like, but yeah.<o:p></o:p>
Why do you use the 12th overall pick on a running back if you’re going to give him 15-16 carries a game? Because you thought your expensive line was going to be able to block better then broken sand bags. <o:p></o:p>
Can the Bills afford to keep Jabari Greer in town when he becomes a free agent after the season? Let's transition tag him and find out. <o:p></o:p>
Don’t you appreciate Aaron Schobel a little more when he’s not on the field? Well, if he comes back, and we are all of a sudden right back on track, then I will decide. As of right now, I'm convinced we need new DEs all the way around. <o:p></o:p>
What does it say when Robert Royal becomes one of the go-to guys in your passing offense? I think calling him a go to guy is a stretch. <o:p></o:p>
Did Tim Connolly get hurt again yet? Oops, sorry, wrong sport. Who?<o:p></o:p>
What, you’re telling me Reggie Corner is ahead of Leodis McKelvin on the depth chart at cornerback? Yeah, wtf. <o:p></o:p>
Which game films did the scouts watch that convinced them Derrick Dockery was worth $49 million? I think they got their hands on a youtube highlight reel. <o:p></o:p>
Will Bill Belichick stick around long enough to break Don Shula’s record of 20 straight wins over the Bills? Probably.<o:p></o:p>
Does it appear that opposing teams have caught on to the fact that the linebackers are a bit slow in coverage? Doesn't Welker do that to every team? I think they caught on to the fact our scheme sucks. <o:p></o:p>
Did you turn off the TV during the Pats’ 19-play drive? Were you tempted to put your foot through the set? No and no. I seen it coming so it was easier to undure. <o:p></o:p>
Did anyone else have chilling flashbacks to the Bledsoe era Sunday? Just this past sunday? <o:p></o:p>
What’s the over-under on the number of games it takes Marshawn Lynch to rush for 100 yards again? 3. I'll take the under. All of a sudden we can't pass either. <o:p></o:p>
The way things are going, will the Chiefs actually be favored when the Bills show up in K. C. in two weeks? Push<o:p></o:p>
Are the Bills maybe waiting for Jauron to win another game before announcing that contract extension? I hadn't realized they hadn't announce it yet. You mean there is still hope it never happened? <o:p></o:p>
If the Bills did promise to talk contract with Jason Peters during the season, what do they say now? They say "nevermind". <o:p></o:p>
Do you think J. P. Losman was laughing inside, just a little bit, after Edwards’ performance in Foxborough? Yes<o:p></o:p>
What do you suppose Donte Whitner feels worse about right now, the shoulder or the guarantee? Um... the shoulder. I really think the media makes a bigger deal out of guarantees then the players do. Heck, he will probably throw one out next year too. <o:p></o:p>
Is Lee Evans ever going to have a 100-yard receiving day against the Pats? Did you know he hasn’t had more than 40 yards against them in a game since 2005? Not as long as Jauron is our coach. I believe he is afraid of the Pats so he doesn't dial up the long ball. <o:p></o:p>
Can you believe Roscoe Parrish has had 60 yards receiving in a game just once in his career? Surprising but believeable. <o:p></o:p>
How did the Bills manage to make Matt Cassel look like Doug Flutie on those scrambles up the middle Sunday? Because the cover two sucks. <o:p></o:p>
How good is Paul Posluszny, really? He's alright. But he is young. He has a bright future. <o:p></o:p>
When will I learn not to overreact when the Bills get off to a hot start? Well, I haven't learned yet either.

HHURRICANE
11-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Truth hurts.

Forward_Lateral
11-11-2008, 08:13 PM
"When will Jerry Sullivan become less of a douche?"

Never.

HHURRICANE
11-11-2008, 08:19 PM
"When will Jerry Sullivan become less of a douche?"

Never.

Oh yeah, his analysis is so unfairly harsh.

Maybe it's the fans that refuse to hold this team and it's owner accountable.

relentless
11-11-2008, 09:53 PM
let's analyze Jerrys life with a 34 question analysis, and see how he makes out...

raphael120
11-11-2008, 11:31 PM
I guess some fans are resorting to getting pissy with a reporter when they should be pissed at the team. He's a reporter. He reports the truth in this article. If you can't handle it, then go back and put your blinders on.

jimbohastle51
11-12-2008, 01:21 AM
i just cant believe that we lost our best pass rusher and have done nothing to replace him. i mean i would have given it a couple games too, to see if by backups could step up but after 2 games in a row with zero pass rush i would have been all over KGB for the rest of the season or simeon rice or some vet that could if anything draw a double team just to let stroud do his thing, i mean that alone shows how bad our coaching is. they have just said "we'll keep plugging along" and its been over 4 games now, and we havnt even tried to mix things up, like in passing situations stand kelsay or denney up like a 3-4 D and try to get them in off the edge, i dont know but are coaches seriously are letting the team get complacent. jauron even said himself at his conference yestarday that all we can do is try to fix the errors and keep moving forward..... what the hell is that?!?! uh dickey if you havnt noticed chad pennington just blew it up on us and we made ted ginn jr. look like the second comming of jerry rice with our awesome pass rush LOL!!!

jimbohastle51
11-12-2008, 01:22 AM
i just cant believe that we lost our best pass rusher and have done nothing to replace him. i mean i would have given it a couple games too, to see if by backups could step up but after 2 games in a row with zero pass rush i would have been all over KGB for the rest of the season or simeon rice or some vet that could if anything draw a double team just to let stroud do his thing, i mean that alone shows how bad our coaching is. they have just said "we'll keep plugging along" and its been over 4 games now, and we havnt even tried to mix things up, like in passing situations stand kelsay or denney up like a 3-4 D and try to get them in off the edge, i dont know but are coaches seriously are letting the team get complacent. jauron even said himself at his conference yestarday that all we can do is try to fix the errors and keep moving forward..... what the hell is that?!?! uh dickey if you havnt noticed chad pennington just blew it up on us and we made ted ginn jr. look like the second comming of jerry rice with our awesome pass rush LOL!!!

Dr. Lecter
11-12-2008, 06:03 AM
Rice and/or KGB are unlikely to draw a double team at this point of their careers.

mybills
11-12-2008, 06:17 AM
Not really.
TE is nothing like Bledsoe, who had played in the league 10+ years when he came to Buffalo.
Not really? :rofl: He looked just like him in the NE game, and if you couldn't see that, you must be blind.

DraftBoy
11-12-2008, 07:14 AM
Not really? :rofl: He looked just like him in the NE game, and if you couldn't see that, you must be blind.

Would you care to detail for those of us that are "blind" exactly how TE looked like Bledsoe?

RedEyE
11-12-2008, 07:33 AM
I don't think there is anything wrong with the media asking these types of questions.

But hopefully the Bills are just working harder and using this time to better prepare rather than second guessing their past personell decisions (on and off the field). It's time to work harder and win some football games.

mybills
11-12-2008, 07:40 AM
Would you care to detail for those of us that are "blind" exactly how TE looked like Bledsoe?
Sure, as soon as someone explains how he didn't. :up:

Coach Sal
11-12-2008, 07:53 AM
let's analyze Jerrys life with a 34 question analysis, and see how he makes out...

Why? For doing his job?

bigbub2352
11-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Spot on Jerry, at least one writer in Buffalo is not brainwashed by the garbage that the Bills Organization trys to feed people with there optimistic articles when we make stupid moves like Ext a coach who never did anything here in Skeletor i mean DJ, and when we sign other teams bums in an attempt to fill holes like Barnes Teyo johnson blah blah blah
Good article Jerry spot on

trapezeus
11-12-2008, 09:11 AM
i saw that question a reporter asked DJ about why he took a time out before a punt. And jauron didn't really know what he was talking about. then the reporter said, "were you thinking of faking it? is that why you called the time out?" DJ said, "no, wasn't going to fake it, but we needed to think some things over."

It was so weak. What makes this season so frustrating is that you know DJ is here for another 3 years after this. there is zero point in watching 3 more season of bills football.

Dr. Lecter
11-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Sure, as soon as someone explains how he didn't. :up:

Classic.

mybills
11-12-2008, 11:02 AM
F OFF LECTER. You can't give any valid reason why he didn't.

I'm not the only one saying he looked like Bledsoe because he held on to the ball too long when there were open receivers the whole game. Drew's biggest reason for being a loser!

He was terrible PERIOD

Dr. Lecter
11-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Ohhhhh!

The person who likes to laugh when others get upset at her postings appears to be cranky today!!!!

Even if that is true (and there were not many people open) it was one game, hardly a reason to compare him to the statuesque Bledsoe with a slow release.

Fact is, you made the assertive statement and should be able to back it up.

And lighten the hell up.

Thurmal
11-12-2008, 11:49 AM
A few more questions:

How come the Bills haven't been able to find one legitimate CONSISTENT pass-rushing threat since Bruce left?

Why is it that every coach (and nearly every coordinator) since Levy is completely unable to make any in-game adjustments?

Why is the interior line never a priority? Hull was a HUGE part of the glory years, and our last first-round pick on the inside was Ruben Brown, who only made the Pro Bowl about 12 times.

How does one franchise keep a loser's mentality over the course of ten years, depsite the fact that all of the players, coaches, and front office members have changed multiple times?

Lone Stranger
11-12-2008, 12:15 PM
I think the criticism of the Bills drafting of linemen is unjust. Think= Tim Anderson, Mike Williams, Brad Butler, etc., etc. What a great group of draft choices. I am trying to figure out who the other "greats" are but can't seem to remember. OH, Yes! Ryan Denney and Chris Kelsay, the multi-millionaire behemoths.