PDA

View Full Version : Devin's Week 11 Rankings

shelby
11-11-2008, 03:44 PM
This is always fun.....enjoy!

As the weeks roll by in the NFL season, things start to come into focus a little bit more after each Sunday. For instance, I've spent years doubting that teams are "for real" because they play a bunch of cupcakes, and don't deserve the praise that they receive. Then those teams eventually fade away near the end of the season, or do make the playoffs, only to get stomped on Wild Card weekend while I sit around and say "I told you so". But then, without even knowing it, I'm guilty of the same exact thing. I sat here for the first half of the season talking myself into the idea that the Bills were a good team, and had finally turned the corner. I told myself that they had a solid coaching staff, a real QB, and this was the year the playoff drought would end. I was happy to find out that Dick Jauron got a contract extension. I told myself that even though I'm not crazy about the guy, he seems to know what he is doing and has this team on the right track.

Boy, was I wrong. The Bills embarrassed every single fan they have this past Sunday, and for the past three Sundays. When they were sitting at 5-1 entering a three game stretch of division games, I had visions of an 8-1 start, and all kinds of playoff success. Well, this past Sunday, I finally realized I was living in a fantasy world. The Bills aren’t ready for the playoffs, and if it wasn’t for a cream puff schedule, they wouldn’t even deserve the five current wins that they have. The coaching staff is a joke, the offensive line is a joke, the predictability is a joke, and everything about this team is a joke. Except I’m not laughing, I’m furious and I’m sick and tired of my team embarrassing me. I sat there on Sunday watching the game in disbelief, as I knew what the Bills were going to do on offense and so did the Patriots. I watched as the two “best” offensive linemen on the team stood there while Trent Edwards got the crap kicked out of him. I watched Wes Welker run in motion knowing he was going to catch a little short pass in the slot, but somehow Perry Fewell didn’t recognize that…give me a break. These past three weeks have made me sick and the Bills make me sick. They deserve last place in the AFC East. What a damn joke.

1. Tennessee Titans (1) – Just when people doubted whether or not the Titans could win if the running game was shut down, Kerry Collins showed that he still has a little game left in him.

2. New York Giants (2) – The Giants benefited from some questionable play calling on the part of the Eagles, but they still bruised their way to yet another win. It’s kind of scary how they just decided late last year to turn the corner, and haven’t looked back.

3. Carolina Panthers (4) – Carolina won in very ugly fashion, but as the saying goes, a win is a win. Of course, it helps when the team ahead of them slips up a bit. The Panthers better start playing better, or the Bucs will be taking them down.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (3) – The Steelers didn’t do themselves any favors in losing a very winnable game against the Colts. Something tells me Big Ben just isn’t right. Of course, who would be with the pounding that guy is taking? They have a tough schedule down the stretch, which will either expose them or book their ticket to the AFC Championship.

5. Baltimore Ravens (17) – I’m taking a big leap moving Baltimore up this high, but it’s a gut feeling. I wanted to move them up higher last week, and didn’t, because I wasn’t sure how real they were. I should’ve known, after the way they played Pittsburgh on MNF, that this team was for real. I’m looking forward to the second match-up between those two teams.

more.... (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/11/11/week_11_power_rankings.php)

gr8slayer
11-11-2008, 04:10 PM
15. Dallas Cowboys (15) – Dallas stays put this week, since they were on the bye. We’ll see how good they are with the return of Tony Romo, but I’m not very optimistic about their chances.
This week they get back:
- Romo
- Felix
- Kosier
- Newman

The Cowboys will finish the season winning five of the remaining seven.

Overall good rankings this week, these might be your best yet.

EDS
11-12-2008, 07:20 AM
Cassell would be a pretty decent fit with the Vikings next year. Competent QB play coupled with ample doses of Peterson seems like a winning formula, at least in theory.