PDA

View Full Version : Predictable Offense

JPFBillsFan
11-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Question:

If our offense is so predictable, why not throw some monkey-wrenches in here and there?

Solutions:
- Utilize JP's quickness and ellusiveness
- Line up JP at WR and run a trick play.
- Line up 2 QBs in the back field, run an option etc..
- Run more Wildcat plays
- Flee Flicker
- Hook an latteral
- HB option

I'm not saying run these plays on every drive, or every game, but mixing and matching something the Defense is not prepared for can help us break the offensive funk. To this point Schonert's been decent IMO, yes our line blows, maybe Lynch dances a bit, but we have to mix in stuff that defenses go WTF.

my 5 cents

Griff
11-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Question:

If our offense is so predictable, why not throw some monkey-wrenches in here and there?

Solutions:
- Utilize JP's quickness and ellusiveness
- Line up JP at WR and run a trick play.
- Line up 2 QBs in the back field, run an option etc..
- Run more Wildcat plays
- Flee Flicker
- Hook an latteral
- HB option

I'm not saying run these plays on every drive, or every game, but mixing and matching something the Defense is not prepared for can help us break the offensive funk. To this point Schonert's been decent IMO, yes our line blows, maybe Lynch dances a bit, but we have to mix in stuff that defenses go WTF.

my 5 cents

JP maybe fast, he maybe elusive, but not when he's playing QB.

BillsOwnAll
11-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Because trick plays dont work in the NFL when you use them all the time. Dont you think some team would of done it by now? Defenses are to fast.

Say we run ssome sort of trick play? then we end up losing 10 yards. then what were faced with 2nd or 3rd and long. You have to look at the risk/reward. The best way to beat a defense is focus on their weaknesses...thats what makes teams better then others..who can do that better.

jamze132
11-12-2008, 07:50 AM
We do need to stop being so predictable.