Could our rash of injuries be attributed to something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Could our rash of injuries be attributed to something else?

We all know injuries happen in football. Occasionally you get a rash of injuries like the last 2-3 years.

Is it possible that, the Bills training staff, coaches, or a combination of the two are the reason that our injuries become a problem?

It's common for players to miss a game or two throughout the season. Most come back and play just fine 2 weeks later.

Could it be that our players are being held-out longer than necessary for "precautionary reasons"? Rather than rushing a guy back after 2 weeks, they give him 4 to ensure he is 100% healthy when 90% is good enough to make a difference on the field?

It seems to fall in line with how Jauron coaches... safety first, risk second!

Something to think about.
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Could our rash of injuries be attributed to something else?

Ever since they stupidly canned Rusty Jones we have had consistent troubles with injuries and endurance. Call it coincidence but......?
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

I fear the plague !
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• raphael120
        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
        • Oct 2005

I find it odd that McGahee AND Lynch both had problems with being nauseated when they played. Don't see many other star RB's acting like that.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by raphael120
          I find it odd that McGahee AND Lynch both had problems with being nauseated when they played. Don't see many other star RB's acting like that.
          mcnabb?

Comment

• cocamide
            • Oct 2006

Last year was crazy, but I don't see our team having any more injuries then any other team. New England always seems to have injured players. The year they won the Super Bowl with Troy Brown playing cornerback was rediculous, but their other players stepped up and filled in.

I don't think our team is injury prone, or our trainers aren't doing our job. The only difference between the Bills and other teams is that we all notice every single little injury that occurs on our team. Therefore, it appears as though the Bills are plagued with injuries. If the nickel corner for any team outside of Buffalo (and possibly any other team in the AFC East) goes down, do we take notice? Do we notice when the 5th string linebacker gets injured on some other team?

Comment

Working...
            X