PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland dashed our playoff hopes last year and could do the same this year

BILLSROCK1212
11-12-2008, 04:03 PM
This game is easily the biggest game of the year. If we can pull this game off then our playoff chances skyrocket. The key to us making the playoffs after winning Monday is obviously sweeping the division. This Monday Nighter couldn't have come at a better time for this team. They know they have a lot to prove Monday Night and I guarantee you they are going to work their butts off to prove to us fans that the beginning of the season was no fluke. Lets hope for a Bills victory Monday night that will help us turn the corner this season. GO BILLS!!

Typ0
11-12-2008, 04:12 PM
it's only the biggest game of the year because we have backed ourselves into a corner. Next week will be the biggest too and it will continue until we are eliminated.

justasportsfan
11-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Cleveland didn't bash our hopes. We bashed ourselves and looks like de javu

Philagape
11-12-2008, 04:49 PM
As long as Lewis doesn't outrun Lynch 163 to 82 again .... that was the difference last year.

raphael120
11-12-2008, 05:01 PM
As long as Lewis doesn't outrun Lynch 163 to 82 again .... that was the difference last year.

Sad thing is, 82 yards for Lynch would be a breakout game this season for him

Philagape
11-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Sad thing is, 82 yards for Lynch would be a breakout game this season for him

:ill:

OpIv37
11-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Cleveland didn't bash our hopes. We bashed ourselves and looks like de javu

Exactly- this team screwed themselves last year with a slow start. The Cleveland game was only an elimination game because we HAD to win every game to stay in it.

This year, the team got off to a fast start but screwed themselves by going 0-3 in the division while losing 4 of 5. This year, it's not quite an elimination game but if we lose, it means we'd pretty much have to win out to have any real hope at the playoffs.

Oaf
11-13-2008, 12:47 AM
My prediction is that we lose this game :puke: but head into Denver at 8-6.

trapezeus
11-13-2008, 08:36 AM
My prediction is that we lose this game :puke: but head into Denver at 8-6.
Oaf was so good with his predictions over the last 5 games that it saddens me that he's probably right about this.

i am still just stunned that after the SD game, i looked at the schedule and could not see how we could lose. Now i cna't see which games we could win. Even KC.....if we lose to the browns on national tv and then to the Chiefs, There really needs to be a review of the coaching staff.

I know our team won't do it since we just signed DJ to a contract, but two huge losses in a gigantic collapse should equal termination of DJ.

Pinkerton Security
11-13-2008, 08:44 AM
Oaf was so good with his predictions over the last 5 games that it saddens me that he's probably right about this.

i am still just stunned that after the SD game, i looked at the schedule and could not see how we could lose. Now i cna't see which games we could win. Even KC.....if we lose to the browns on national tv and then to the Chiefs, There really needs to be a review of the coaching staff.

I know our team won't do it since we just signed DJ to a contract, but two huge losses in a gigantic collapse should equal termination of DJ.

I've always been supportive of Dick and consistency in general, but ya, I agree.

patmoran2006
11-13-2008, 08:45 AM
If we lose this game its over... Everyone knows that.

mybills
11-13-2008, 08:58 AM
I hope the Bills know that.

Mahdi
11-13-2008, 09:00 AM
This game is easily the biggest game of the year. If we can pull this game off then our playoff chances skyrocket. The key to us making the playoffs after winning Monday is obviously sweeping the division. This Monday Nighter couldn't have come at a better time for this team. They know they have a lot to prove Monday Night and I guarantee you they are going to work their butts off to prove to us fans that the beginning of the season was no fluke. Lets hope for a Bills victory Monday night that will help us turn the corner this season. GO BILLS!!
I see our defense having a LONGGG day. We have no pass rush which means Quinn will have 4 seconds every snap to locate Braylon, Winslow and Stallworth. Thats too many weapons to cover for that long. Denney vs Joe Thomas means Quinn will be slinging the ball all over the field.

If the Bills win it will be in a shootout.

SABURZFAN
11-13-2008, 10:13 AM
the title of this thread just gets me into the spirit of winning.

where's the sarcasm button? :huh:

New Ro's Greatest
11-13-2008, 11:38 AM
We got this yall! Lynch proves to the country that he is one of the more talented players in the NFL. Trent doesn't make any mistakes this game and the defense plays stout. 24-10 Bills. GO BILLS:band: