PDA

View Full Version : Bills maintain confidence in QB Edwards

Philagape
11-12-2008, 08:30 PM
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) _ Trent Edwards is not regressing. He's maturing.

That's the firm explanation provided by Buffalo Bills coach Dick Jauron in defense of his second-year quarterback, who's suddenly finding how difficult it is to consistently play at an elite level.

"You're going to have highs and lows. You're going to suffer a lot. You're going to get defeated a lot," Jauron said Wednesday. "And the bottom line is how you come back from it. I don't have any doubts about Trent Edwards. He's going to be fine."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/nov/12/bills-maintain-confidence-in-qb-edwards/

acehole
11-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Wshhhews....see and we were all in panic mode.

Well glad that is over....off to the superbowl.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) _ Trent Edwards is not regressing. He's maturing.

That's the firm explanation provided by Buffalo Bills coach Dick Jauron in defense of his second-year quarterback, who's suddenly finding how difficult it is to consistently play at an elite level.

"You're going to have highs and lows. You're going to suffer a lot. You're going to get defeated a lot," Jauron said Wednesday. "And the bottom line is how you come back from it. I don't have any doubts about Trent Edwards. He's going to be fine."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/nov/12/bills-maintain-confidence-in-qb-edwards/

gil
11-12-2008, 08:40 PM
by that logic, JP should be all pro by now

Typ0
11-12-2008, 08:47 PM
by that logic, JP should be all pro by now

I don't see him talking about his confidence in JP.

Nighthawk
11-12-2008, 09:17 PM
So what's Jauron's excuse for his own success (or lack there of)? Per his logic, does that mean he is a loser because he's never overcome the lows in his career?

Hey, I'm just using his logic.

shelby
11-12-2008, 10:00 PM
If Dick says it, it must be true.

:D

Nighthawk
11-12-2008, 10:00 PM
If Dick says it, it must be true.

:D

Something like that!

Borosai
11-13-2008, 01:28 AM
The sad thing is, I can hear Jauron saying it in that flatline tone, followed up by "they play hard."

jamze132
11-13-2008, 04:28 AM
Remember when almost everyone jumped on the "I love Dick" bandwagon? Those sure were good times...

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 08:33 AM
He then shrugged when presented the opportunity to blame an assortment of issues — injuries, a pedestrian running attack and a porous line — that have been plaguing the offense.

But I'm not the type of person that likes making excuses," Edwards said. "I'm going to look to myself, I'm not going to look to the other guys ... I need to change as fast as possible."

Huh? Trent just did make excuses and looked at the other players .

Trent keeps saying this is his team. On monday however, he said it's not fair to put all the blame on the qb. Take responsibility and live up to your billing when you say this is your team. Grab your OL's facemask when they screw up. Sometimes you have to be a dick in order to get things done.

Pinkerton Security
11-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Huh?

YOu just did

what are you talking about. from those 2 quotes he didnt blame anyone but himself.

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 08:38 AM
what are you talking about. from those 2 quotes he didnt blame anyone but himself.
I edited my previous post. Actually he talks about bad running game and porous OL. That means he made excuses and looked at the other players. It's all in his press conferences.

He can't be a nice guy. He's got to be a dick sometimes like Kelly and Marino were.

Pinkerton Security
11-13-2008, 08:42 AM
I edited my previous post. Actually he talks about bad running game and porous OL. That means he made excuses and looked at the other players. It's all in his press conferences.

He can't be a nice guy. He's got to be a dick sometimes like Kelly and Marino were.

So you're saying he actually should blame his counterparts? It would make sense - not many 2nd year QBs should be asked to carry a team, and unfortunately with our running game pretty much nonexistent, that is what Trent is being asked to do.

OpIv37
11-13-2008, 08:43 AM
Trent is maturing by losing 3 straight division games and doing a far WORSE job of protecting the ball than he was early in the season?

Whatever, Dick.

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 08:47 AM
So you're saying he actually should blame his counterparts? It would make sense - not many 2nd year QBs should be asked to carry a team, and unfortunately with our running game pretty much nonexistent, that is what Trent is being asked to do.My problem is, Trent quick to say this is his team and yet so quick to say it's not all his fault. Although there's truth in it, he just needs to keep it to himself and get in the face of his players in the locker room or in practice.

Being a 2nd year qb is an excuse especially when you have players like Cassel, Flacco taking charge of their team. Trent was annointed by some people here as the next Kelly. Kelly took charge in his 2nd year.

mybills
11-13-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm gonna remain confident in Trent, too.
So what if he looked like this year's Trent in the SD game.
So what if he looked like last year's Trent in the Miami game.
So what if he looked like Losman in the Jets game.
So what if he looked like Bledsoe in the NE game.
He could look like this year's Trent on Monday Night. :up:

patmoran2006
11-13-2008, 09:09 AM
i maintain my confidence in him as well.

Saratoga Slim
11-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Guys, he's a 2nd year QB. He's had way more good games than bad this year. We all got a little giddy when he looked like Joe Montana for the first 4 games--and again vs. San Diego. He's going to be a good one over the long run--it's unrealistic to expect that he won't have some learning moments along the way. Two of the last three games were against division rivals on the road--a likely time to struggle.

Trent is not high on the things I'm worried about. For instance, if we had any semblance of a running game, Trent might have the luxury of making a couple mistakes and still getting the win. On a balanced team, when one guy's having a slump, someone else steps up. Look at Tennessee last week--they couldn't run at all with the Bears stacking the box, so Kerry Collins stepped up with his first real passing effort of the year.

SABURZFAN
11-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Wshhhews....see and we were all in panic mode.

Well glad that is over....off to the superbowl.

you sound like the Fish trolls.