PDA

View Full Version : Whitner's playing this week

Saratoga Slim
11-12-2008, 09:06 PM
He's on Sirius right now. Says that he feels that it's an injury that he can play with, and that he doesn't think that it's something that "is going to get made worse" by playing.

Even if he's not 100%, it's huge to have him on the field. We need all our fiery leaders on the field and putting some energy into this team.

Patti120
11-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Even if he's not 100%, it's huge to have him on the field. We need all our fiery leaders on the field and putting some energy into this team.

True, unless he hits somebody and totally screws his shoulder up and misses the rest of the year.

Nonetheless it will be huge to have him on the field.

Philagape
11-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Is this like the third Whitner thread today?

Saratoga Slim
11-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Is this like the third Whitner thread today?

Yes. But this one has real news. He just confirmed that he's cleared to play and is going to give it a go. Previously all we've heard is that he practiced today.

mybills
11-13-2008, 09:12 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/whitner-to-play-monday-night/4b15c1f9-e212-4556-899d-55068ca88560

The fact that his hometown Cleveland Browns are the opponent only adds to Whitner’s incentive to be ready to play.

“I’m sure it was a factor, but with Donte, you almost have to hold him back all of the time,” said Jauron. “He hates to miss practice, he absolutely, it drives him crazy not to play in a game. It really does, it really bothers him. Not that it doesn’t any player, but somehow, to a greater degree with Donte. He just really loves to play.”

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 09:18 AM
thats what we thought about Mcgee right before he got burned by Ginn.

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 09:19 AM
“I’m sure it was a factor, but with Donte, you almost have to hold him back all of the time,” said Jauron. “He hates to miss practice, he absolutely, it drives him crazy not to play in a game. It really does, it really bothers him. Not that it doesn’t any player, but somehow, to a greater degree with Donte. He just really loves to play.”

I was hoping it bothers him when he isn't playing like aprobowler on the field.

Cntrygal
11-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Where is it confirmed that he's playing? It's looking better - yes. But what I read yesterday, was that they weren't even going to come close to making a decision until seeing how he felt AFTER today's practice (with pads).

Saratoga Slim
11-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Where is it confirmed that he's playing? It's looking better - yes. But what I read yesterday, was that they weren't even going to come close to making a decision until seeing how he felt AFTER today's practice (with pads).

Donte confirmed it himself on the radio last night. Sirius has been saying it as well on every "2 Minute Drill" today.

Cntrygal
11-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Whitner fares well in pads practice

Whitner is only a week and a half removed from a severe shoulder separation that in many cases takes four to six weeks to fully heal. But even Whitner’s head coach could not deny that his safety’s recovery is moving in a positive direction even though Thursday is typically the most physically demanding practice of the week.

“There was a little more banging around (Thursday) so we don’t know,” said Jauron. “We’ll just see how that shoulder feels (Friday). We’re not overly optimistic, but there’s some optimism there.”

link (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/whitner-fares-well-in-pads-practice/fc6245c3-1c51-4fd0-b247-185607b326ec)

madness
11-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Whitner's playing, Butler might be back, McGee is a week healthier, McKelvin has not only been improving as a KR bust practically busts one last week and faces one of the worst ST units in the league, Cleveland is in a state of disarray right now AND they have to play in Buffalo on Monday night.

This has to be the week our team turns it around otherwise I'm not looking forward to the rest of the season.