PDA

View Full Version : true bills fans vs unamerican

trapezeus
11-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Below is from a BN article with a Langston Walker quote.

Asked why players weren’t expressing anger while being interviewed about the losing streak, tackle Langston Walker took offense at the implication that any players might not be driven to turn things around.
“Man, I just want to rip into that [question], but I’m not [going to],” Walker said. “We haven’t given up hope. True Buffalo fans haven’t given up hope. True football fanatics haven’t given up hope. People who really know the game, know that we’re not out of the hunt.”
“We all have to play better,” Walker said. “There’s nobody in here who can say everybody else has to pick it up, because we’ve all had our own faults. There’s no finger-pointing. There’s no down-talking. It’s all about being positive, and being true to yourself. You’ve got to be your own worst critic.”

It just glosses over the entire problem. It's one thing for fans to believe and trust stuff since we have no inside information. but the players have to know what isn't working and why they are getting beaten like a drum on offense.

Yeah, the team is still in it, but really? Where are the problems and why aren't you really upset about the losing. why isn't anyone taking the reigns to this thing.

billsfanone
11-13-2008, 09:25 AM
I was watching Inside the NFL. I know it could be coincendental, but every sideline shot they had for every other team had coaches fired up yelling and screaming. When they showed the Bills sideline, Turk kind of meekly was telling players they have to communicate better.

I'm sorry, someone needs to get in the players faces and chew them out.

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Yeah Dick had the same sentiment. "at least we're still in it". You don't play to be in it. You play to be no.1 . Stop hoping and start knowing.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah Dick had the same sentiment. "at least we're still in it". You don't play to be in it. You play to be no.1 . Stop hoping and start knowing.
That's what sets Buffalo apart from the rest of the football world, the satisfaction/acceptance of mediocrity.

Pinkerton Security
11-13-2008, 09:35 AM
I understand we are all frustrated, but honestly, would it really make ANYONE on here feel better if Walker were to say "our line isnt blocking well". Seriously. Everyone would just say "DUH!!!" and rip him a new one for being an idiot and stating the obvious. And if he were to say "and we're working on making that better" then everyone would say "you better not try, you better DO it you fat slob!!! rabble rabble rabble!"

I also want players to take personal responsibility and quit shirking thier duties, but I dont want to hear about it in the press. That doesnt help anything except feed us crazed Bills fans, either for the good or the bad. I can just hope they are doing something about it.

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2008, 09:37 AM
That's what sets Buffalo apart from the rest of the football world, the satisfaction with mediocrity.
Hmm we don't play for or make team decisions. WE LOVE THE BUFFALO BILLS SO WHAT?

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2008, 09:37 AM
:bf1: Langston!

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Hmm we don't play for or make team decisions. WE LOVE THE BUFFALO BILLS SO WHAT?
Yeah, and you all also don't put much pressure on the owner to do much more than what he has been doing. "It's ok if the Bills suck, just as long as they don't take the team away."

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2008, 09:39 AM
By the way a maniac coach running around the sidelines isn't always the answer. Look at Singletary, he was ranting and raving and being a lunatic all while making horrendous decisions and losing the game.

Pinkerton Security
11-13-2008, 09:39 AM
Yeah, and you all also don't put much pressure on the owner to do much more than what he has been doing. "It's ok if the Bills suck, just as long as they don't take the team away."

so shall we picket at OBD demanding a better team?

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 09:40 AM
so shall we picket at OBD demanding a better team?
I would be. One good way to express displeasure with the team is to simply not show up. If the owner isn't lining his pockets with cash anymore he'll be forced to make different moves. I for one will no longer buy Bills merchandise or attend home games until they prove that they are willing to do what it takes to put a winner on the field; I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Dude we have been over this millions of times. The guy is 90, he isn't going to change. The only way we could put pressure on him would be to not show up for games, which would easily seal the fate of the Bills moving from Buffalo. How do you not understand this? It isn't Dallas where Hundos grow on trees and everyone can afford 40k seat licensese.

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2008, 09:41 AM
I would be. One good way to express displeasure with the team is to simply not show up. If the owner isn't lining his pockets with cash anymore he'll be forced to make different moves.
Only Douchebags picket. Picketing would force him to do NOTHING.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Dude we have been over this millions of times. The guy is 90, he isn't going to change. The only way we could put pressure on him would be to not show up for games, which would easily seal the fate of the Bills moving from Buffalo. How do you not understand this? It isn't Dallas where Hundos grow on trees and everyone can afford 40k seat licensese.
You don't even know what you are talking about. I can't afford a 40k seat license and am going to get season tickets next year; they have reserved damn near 40,000 seats for people who don't want to buy a PSL.

trapezeus
11-13-2008, 09:44 AM
I understand we are all frustrated, but honestly, would it really make ANYONE on here feel better if Walker were to say "our line isnt blocking well". Seriously. Everyone would just say "DUH!!!" and rip him a new one for being an idiot and stating the obvious. And if he were to say "and we're working on making that better" then everyone would say "you better not try, you better DO it you fat slob!!! rabble rabble rabble!"

I also want players to take personal responsibility and quit shirking thier duties, but I dont want to hear about it in the press. That doesnt help anything except feed us crazed Bills fans, either for the good or the bad. I can just hope they are doing something about it.

i agree with what you are saying. but there is something so condescending when someone says, "a True bills fan is with us. "

Dude, langston, we're paying for season tickets to a team that gives us more grief than happiness. i walk aroudn defending this team to every NYJ and Giants fan in this city. I keep defending you when its plain as day that you can't win and there is no desire to win in this organization. they are just trying to maintain a complete waste of a season at 2-14. Anything better and they sell it to us as getting better.

Other nfl fans mock us because the team sucks so badly and your telling me thati'm not a fan because i can't see this ship turning around? Is he crazy? I don't avoid the mockery and hole myself up in the locker-room. I still try to defend this craptastic team. Marshawn lynch won't even talk to reporters while his OL and his play has been down by like 50% this time last year with a universally known idiotic OC. Please.

its just insulting to be told i'm not a true fan. its similar when politicians refuse to listen to the other side of the debate and then throw out lines like, "well a real american is behind us." It's a ridiculous arguement.

You are right, there isn't a lot more he can say, but that true bills fan just rubbed me the wrong way. YOu can't define what a true bills fan is or a real american is. but you can define a winner by how many times they've won.

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2008, 09:45 AM
You don't even know what you are talking about. I can't afford a 40k seat license and am going to get season tickets next year; they have reserved damn near 40,000 seats for people who don't want to buy a PSL.
I was being slightly tongue in cheek Paul. You know what I am getting at in regards to the Bills situation. Don't pretend otherwise.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 09:47 AM
I was being slightly tongue in cheek Paul. You know what I am getting at in regards to the Bills situation. Don't pretend otherwise.
You not showing up to the games might not help their longevity but not putting a winning product on the field hurts it just as much. Guess you should plan for the Bills to be gone in the next five or so years because neither of the above look like they are going to happen any time soon.

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Paul? Gr8's name is Paul? I thought it would be something tougher like Bruce, Brutus or MAx.

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2008, 09:49 AM
You not showing up to the games might not help their longevity but not putting a winning product on the field hurts it just as much. Guess you should plan for the Bills to be gone in the next five or so years because neither of the above look like they are going to happen any time soon.
This makes zero sense

The Bills losing a couple games is equally as bad as losing the team? WHAT?

I plan on the Bills staying for quite some time.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 09:50 AM
This makes zero sense

The Bills losing a couple games is equally as bad as losing the team? WHAT?

How does it not make any sense? If the Bills are putting a winning product on the field year in and year out it makes it much tougher to justify moving the team. And a couple of losses? When was the last time the Bills made it through a season with less than six losses?

I plan on the Bills staying for quite some time.
You're delusional.

Cntrygal
11-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Has anyone considered that by true football fans "not giving up hope" blah blah blah - he was talking about people like us... that no matter what - we keep coming back for more (punishment).

So by default the "not true fans" he was referring to are the BANDWAGONNERS.

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 09:53 AM
player performance can cause fans to lose interest.

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2008, 09:53 AM
I pretty sure that is exactly what he was talking about.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Unless the fans are a bunch of masochists and don't mind the losing.

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Unless the fans are a bunch of masochists and don't mind the losing.
Or have fun going to NFL football games because they love football and the Bills rather than sitting home twiddling our thumbs.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Or have fun going to NFL football games because they love football and the Bills rather than sitting home twiddling our thumbs.
Have fun with it while you can.

Cntrygal
11-13-2008, 09:59 AM

I agree.... but I was just suggesting another direction for thought. :D

trapezeus
11-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Has anyone considered that by true football fans "not giving up hope" blah blah blah - he was talking about people like us... that no matter what - we keep coming back for more (punishment).

but i am losing faith in this team. 8 years of the same press conference quotes, weak HC changes, pleas for time since we are implementing a new system, and nothing ever takes. i've been a bills fan since like 1982 (which actually corresponds to some of my first memories as a human). I know all the history of this team. he's a high paid lineman that wouldn't care for the bills if he was paid $15MM in his contract. so interms of being a real fan and sticking with it versus a gun for hire, i win the right over LW to say, "i'm sick of this ****."

Quite the complaining and start playing to win.

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 10:05 AM
I agree.... but I was just suggesting another direction for thought. :D
I hear ya. Unfortunately my homerism is wearing thin. I may join the Dark side AKA the OP side. I feel sorry for BZ if that happens.

Pinkerton Security
11-13-2008, 10:07 AM
i agree with what you are saying. but there is something so condescending when someone says, "a True bills fan is with us. "

ya thats not cool.

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Have fun with it while you can.
don't act like you know for sure they will move because you don't . Plus in your scenario we don't go to games then the teams moves. Plain dumb

billsfanone
11-13-2008, 12:27 PM
By the way a maniac coach running around the sidelines isn't always the answer. Look at Singletary, he was ranting and raving and being a lunatic all while making horrendous decisions and losing the game.

While I agree, having a mickey mouse on the sidelines telling the team they need to communicate better when they are getting their asses handed to them is worse.

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2008, 12:28 PM
I hear ya. Unfortunately my homerism is wearing thin. I may join the Dark side AKA the OP side. I feel sorry for BZ if that happens.
Oh I am pissed about their play for sure but I will never join that side. I would rather stop watching entirely because there is no fun in it

henrybacker
11-13-2008, 01:06 PM
-Yeah, and you all also don't put much pressure on the owner to do much more than what he has been doing. "It's ok if the Bills suck, just as long as they don't take the team away."

Ding! Ding! Ding!

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2008, 01:17 PM
While I agree, having a mickey mouse on the sidelines telling the team they need to communicate better when they are getting their asses handed to them is worse.
Well not necessarily. It worked for Dungy.

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2008, 01:18 PM
-Yeah, and you all also don't put much pressure on the owner to do much more than what he has been doing. "It's ok if the Bills suck, just as long as they don't take the team away."

Ding! Ding! Ding!
Ding Ding what?

You guys are hilarious!

Ok lets all stop going to the games so they will move aware for sure! :puke:

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Ding Ding what?

You guys are hilarious!

Ok lets all stop going to the games so they will move aware for sure! :puke:
There's no point in having a team if the team isn't going to take winning seriously.

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2008, 01:24 PM
There's no point in having a team if the team isn't going to take winning seriously.
That is your Opinion. I TOTALLY disagree. The Bills CANNOT leave. Enough with this NONSENSE.

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Oh I am pissed about their play for sure but I will never join that side. I would rather stop watching entirely because there is no fun in it

I will become a Dick cynic. I've defended him for 3 years vs. OP. 3 years to turn this team around is more than enough time especially when you look at the fins. If he can't beat the pats with cassel, he won't beat them with Brady. I was hoping for at least wild card this year and deep into the playoffs next year and then sb.

At this pace, looks like the fins could beat us to it.

mybills
11-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Paul? Gr8's name is Paul? I thought it would be something tougher like Bruce, Brutus or MAx.
What's so not tough about the name Paul?

jamze132
11-14-2008, 08:14 AM
I would rather have a team that wins occasionaly than no team at all. Not going to the games out of frustration isn't going to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2008, 08:28 AM
I would rather have a team that wins occasionaly than no team at all. Not going to the games out of frustration isn't going to keep the Bills in Buffalo.
Tell G8 That. He still doesn't understand....

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2008, 08:29 AM
I will become a Dick cynic. I've defended him for 3 years vs. OP. 3 years to turn this team around is more than enough time especially when you look at the fins. If he can't beat the pats with cassel, he won't beat them with Brady. I was hoping for at least wild card this year and deep into the playoffs next year and then sb.

At this pace, looks like the fins could beat us to it.
I really have never been huge on Jauron.

jamze132
11-14-2008, 09:44 AM
It's hopeless. I wished I lived in the Buffalo area, I would be at every home game tailgating with all the zoners. You ****ers would love me...

gr8slayer
11-14-2008, 11:37 AM
That's the loser mentality that is so typical of Buffalonians; freaking people who are satisfied with mediocrity.

Nighthawk
11-14-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm a true Bills fan and I know that our chances to win a championship with this coaching staff is a dream. I like the players on this team, but when they are repeatedly put in position to fail, well, guess what? They'll fail!

jlruss90
11-14-2008, 01:26 PM
gr8slayer GTFO...seriously we dont need any of these halfsies, are you even a bills fan geez go watch Tony Homo and his pour pinky...people who dont live in the upstate ny area will never understand...and all they do is ***** and moan.

I am sick of it your neither on board 100% or not we dont need these well i like two teams guys

gr8slayer
11-14-2008, 03:39 PM
gr8slayer GTFO...seriously we dont need any of these halfsies, are you even a bills fan geez go watch Tony Homo and his pour pinky...people who dont live in the upstate ny area will never understand...and all they do is ***** and moan.

I am sick of it your neither on board 100% or not we dont need these well i like two teams guys
:baby:

You really need to work on your spelling and punctuation before anyone is going to take you seriously.

yordad
11-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Maybe Ralph is doing a Major League (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097815/plotsummary) to us.

jlruss90
11-15-2008, 01:21 AM
sorry my spelling is not up to par with what you would like in a forum. My fault, i need to start proof reading everything.

This is a bills site not a bills/cowboys site

shelby
11-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Let's stay on topic kids....

djjimkelly
11-15-2008, 08:04 AM

watching the same coaching mistakes and overall mismanagement can cause people to lose interest.

im still hooked just like ive been the last 25 or so years.......

however i wont be if we keep being force fed DICK.

id say i have about 23 games left in me of being forced to watch a DICK with no balls.

MikeInRoch
11-15-2008, 08:15 AM

How stupid. Like we can really 'put pressure on the owner'.

yordad
11-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Maybe Ralph is doing a Major League (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097815/plotsummary) to us.

acehole
11-15-2008, 10:58 AM
I was watching Inside the NFL. I know it could be coincendental, but every sideline shot they had for every other team had coaches fired up yelling and screaming. When they showed the Bills sideline, Turk kind of meekly was telling players they have to communicate better.

I'm sorry, someone needs to get in the players faces and chew them out.

It is an ivy league...thing.