• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

true bills fans vs unamerican

Below is from a BN article with a Langston Walker quote.

Asked why players weren’t expressing anger while being interviewed about the losing streak, tackle Langston Walker took offense at the implication that any players might not be driven to turn things around.
    “Man, I just want to rip into that [question], but I’m not [going to],” Walker said. “We haven’t given up hope. True Buffalo fans haven’t given up hope. True football fanatics haven’t given up hope. People who really know the game, know that we’re not out of the hunt.”
    “We all have to play better,” Walker said. “There’s nobody in here who can say everybody else has to pick it up, because we’ve all had our own faults. There’s no finger-pointing. There’s no down-talking. It’s all about being positive, and being true to yourself. You’ve got to be your own worst critic.”

It just glosses over the entire problem. It's one thing for fans to believe and trust stuff since we have no inside information. but the players have to know what isn't working and why they are getting beaten like a drum on offense.

Yeah, the team is still in it, but really? Where are the problems and why aren't you really upset about the losing. why isn't anyone taking the reigns to this thing.
  • billsfanone
    Majored in Home Economics
    • Sep 2008

Re: true bills fans vs unamerican

I was watching Inside the NFL. I know it could be coincendental, but every sideline shot they had for every other team had coaches fired up yelling and screaming. When they showed the Bills sideline, Turk kind of meekly was telling players they have to communicate better.

I'm sorry, someone needs to get in the players faces and chew them out.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Yeah Dick had the same sentiment. "at least we're still in it". You don't play to be in it. You play to be no.1 . Stop hoping and start knowing.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        Yeah Dick had the same sentiment. "at least we're still in it". You don't play to be in it. You play to be no.1 . Stop hoping and start knowing.
        That's what sets Buffalo apart from the rest of the football world, the satisfaction/acceptance of mediocrity.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

I understand we are all frustrated, but honestly, would it really make ANYONE on here feel better if Walker were to say "our line isnt blocking well". Seriously. Everyone would just say "DUH!!!" and rip him a new one for being an idiot and stating the obvious. And if he were to say "and we're working on making that better" then everyone would say "you better not try, you better DO it you fat slob!!! rabble rabble rabble!"

I also want players to take personal responsibility and quit shirking thier duties, but I dont want to hear about it in the press. That doesnt help anything except feed us crazed Bills fans, either for the good or the bad. I can just hope they are doing something about it.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
            That's what sets Buffalo apart from the rest of the football world, the satisfaction with mediocrity.
            Hmm we don't play for or make team decisions. WE LOVE THE BUFFALO BILLS SO WHAT?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Langston!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                Hmm we don't play for or make team decisions. WE LOVE THE BUFFALO BILLS SO WHAT?
                Yeah, and you all also don't put much pressure on the owner to do much more than what he has been doing. "It's ok if the Bills suck, just as long as they don't take the team away."

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

By the way a maniac coach running around the sidelines isn't always the answer. Look at Singletary, he was ranting and raving and being a lunatic all while making horrendous decisions and losing the game.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Yeah, and you all also don't put much pressure on the owner to do much more than what he has been doing. "It's ok if the Bills suck, just as long as they don't take the team away."
                    so shall we picket at OBD demanding a better team?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                      so shall we picket at OBD demanding a better team?
                      I would be. One good way to express displeasure with the team is to simply not show up. If the owner isn't lining his pockets with cash anymore he'll be forced to make different moves. I for one will no longer buy Bills merchandise or attend home games until they prove that they are willing to do what it takes to put a winner on the field; I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Dude we have been over this millions of times. The guy is 90, he isn't going to change. The only way we could put pressure on him would be to not show up for games, which would easily seal the fate of the Bills moving from Buffalo. How do you not understand this? It isn't Dallas where Hundos grow on trees and everyone can afford 40k seat licensese.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

I would be. One good way to express displeasure with the team is to simply not show up. If the owner isn't lining his pockets with cash anymore he'll be forced to make different moves.
                          Only Douchebags picket. Picketing would force him to do NOTHING.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                            Dude we have been over this millions of times. The guy is 90, he isn't going to change. The only way we could put pressure on him would be to not show up for games, which would easily seal the fate of the Bills moving from Buffalo. How do you not understand this? It isn't Dallas where Hundos grow on trees and everyone can afford 40k seat licensese.
                            You don't even know what you are talking about. I can't afford a 40k seat license and am going to get season tickets next year; they have reserved damn near 40,000 seats for people who don't want to buy a PSL.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                              I understand we are all frustrated, but honestly, would it really make ANYONE on here feel better if Walker were to say "our line isnt blocking well". Seriously. Everyone would just say "DUH!!!" and rip him a new one for being an idiot and stating the obvious. And if he were to say "and we're working on making that better" then everyone would say "you better not try, you better DO it you fat slob!!! rabble rabble rabble!"

I also want players to take personal responsibility and quit shirking thier duties, but I dont want to hear about it in the press. That doesnt help anything except feed us crazed Bills fans, either for the good or the bad. I can just hope they are doing something about it.
                              i agree with what you are saying. but there is something so condescending when someone says, "a True bills fan is with us. "

Dude, langston, we're paying for season tickets to a team that gives us more grief than happiness. i walk aroudn defending this team to every NYJ and Giants fan in this city. I keep defending you when its plain as day that you can't win and there is no desire to win in this organization. they are just trying to maintain a complete waste of a season at 2-14. Anything better and they sell it to us as getting better.

Other nfl fans mock us because the team sucks so badly and your telling me thati'm not a fan because i can't see this ship turning around? Is he crazy? I don't avoid the mockery and hole myself up in the locker-room. I still try to defend this craptastic team. Marshawn lynch won't even talk to reporters while his OL and his play has been down by like 50% this time last year with a universally known idiotic OC. Please.

its just insulting to be told i'm not a true fan. its similar when politicians refuse to listen to the other side of the debate and then throw out lines like, "well a real american is behind us." It's a ridiculous arguement.

You are right, there isn't a lot more he can say, but that true bills fan just rubbed me the wrong way. YOu can't define what a true bills fan is or a real american is. but you can define a winner by how many times they've won.

Comment

Working...
                              X