PDA

View Full Version : Is Lynch unhappy in Buffalo?

SABURZFAN
11-13-2008, 10:30 AM
he's not talking to the media since the hit and run incident and i don't see any indication why he is nicknamed Beastmode in his running game. i know the OL has been crap too but i don't see that fire.

Pinkerton Security
11-13-2008, 10:33 AM
he's not talking to the media since the hit and run incident and i don't see any indication why he is nicknamed Beastmode in his running game. i know the OL has been crap too but i don't see that fire.

When he has been getting the ball he is fighting like hell. I dont really remember him being big in the press last year, either.

That being said, who wouldnt be a little frustrated running behind this OL

BillsWin
11-13-2008, 10:34 AM
The media treated him like crap and the fans tossed him under the bus. Would you be happy happy joy joy after that?

Lynch likes Buffalo. Maybe if the O-line opened holes for him hed smile more.

ParanoidAndroid
11-13-2008, 10:46 AM
So, you're not seeing those runs where he carries defensive linemen and LB's for a few extra yards? The O-line is not getting out to the second level and opening holes for him or Jackson. When 3 defensive players are all filling in the gap where we are trying to run, it might have something to do with predictability and lack of execution in blocking.
The o-line opened up more holes last year when teams stacked the box even more often than they are this year. Perhaps if we ran anything besides a dive and actually ran counters against a 3-man front, this conversation would be a bit different....although I realize it's not quite that simple.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 10:52 AM
I'd be pissed too if I wasn't getting the ball. He's getting screwed by this team.

patmoran2006
11-13-2008, 11:02 AM
The media treated him like crap and the fans tossed him under the bus. Would you be happy happy joy joy after that?

Lynch likes Buffalo. Maybe if the O-line opened holes for him hed smile more.
Treated him like crap and "tossed him under the bus" .. All he did was get in his car and HIT a lady crossing the street; claim he didnt know he hit anyone because it was raining and took his car home and tried to hide it...

Oh, and he NEVER talked to the media about it, nor did he issue any kind of real apology to his fans. ANd he still rarely talks to the media, because they had the audacity to report the facts.

He's lucky he still has a multi-million dollar job.

TacklingDummy
11-13-2008, 11:16 AM
I'd be pissed too if I wasn't getting the ball. He's getting screwed by this team.

He's 13th in the NFL in numbers of attempts. His problem is what he does with the ball after he gets it.

He's not even in the top 41 in YPC. Fred Jackson is 26th.

His play is nothing to brag about.

Tatonka
11-13-2008, 11:29 AM
maybe we should have traded for michael turner after all and used the 1st round pick on an Olineman.

patmoran2006
11-13-2008, 11:36 AM
I still think LYnch is a great back. Our OL is making his numbers look terrible.

Im not sure any RB would make a huge difference right now.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 11:42 AM
He's 13th in the NFL in numbers of attempts. His problem is what he does with the ball after he gets it.

He's not even in the top 41 in YPC. Fred Jackson is 26th.

His play is nothing to brag about.
TD, I won't even feed you an argument because I know that you aren't dumb enough to look past how poorly the OL has played in the area of run blocking.

TacklingDummy
11-13-2008, 11:47 AM
TD, I won't even feed you an argument because I know that you aren't dumb enough to look past how poorly the OL has played in the area of run blocking.

It's not just the o-line's fault. Lynch has his share of the blame in it also.

That's why I said earlier in the week that Trents struggles are a combination of Trent, o-line, WR not getting open, RB play.

Just as Lynch's struggles are a combination of Lynch, O-line, Edwards, and WR's.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Do tell.....

TacklingDummy
11-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Do tell.....

Not hitting the hole quick enough, running to contact sometimes, dropping screen passes, missing blocks.

On 1 play it might be the o-line, the next it might be Lynch, the next play the WR don't get open and Trent takes a sack, or Trent throws a bad pass, or Evans is wide open and the o-line misses a block and Trent gets sacked...etc...The reason the Offense is struggling is a combination of things. It's not just 1 thing.

No run game is probably the biggest reason though.

RockStar36
11-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Everytime the guy gets the ball he runs into a brick wall because there are no holes. The only yards this guy gets is when he improvises on the play or decides to carry multiple defenders on his back for some yards. The o-line is absolutely pathetic. Mark my words, if Lynch played for a team like Pittsburgh or another strong running team, he would be a top 3 running back in the league.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Not hitting the hole quick enough, running to contact sometimes, dropping screen passes, missing blocks.

On 1 play it might be the o-line, the next it might be Lynch, the next play the WR don't get open and Trent takes a sack, or Trent throws a bad pass, or Evans is wide open and the o-line misses a block and Trent gets sacked...etc...The reason the Offense is struggling is a combination of things. It's not just 1 thing.

No run game is probably the biggest reason though.
- There aren't any holes to hit quick enough.
- He is running into contact sometimes because there isn't a hole to be found.
- Dropping screens is on him.
- Rarely misses blocks.

TacklingDummy
11-13-2008, 12:01 PM
- There aren't any holes to hit quick enough.
- He is running into contact sometimes because there isn't a hole to be found.
- Dropping screens is on him.
- Rarely misses blocks.

There is holes sometimes, just as there isn't sometimes.
Everyone misses blocks, Lynch included.

There's plenty of blame to go around. It's not only on Lynch.

zone
11-13-2008, 12:34 PM
.. All he did was get in his car and HIT a lady crossing the street; claim he didnt know he hit anyone because it was raining and took his car home and tried to hide it...

Tried to hide it in his driveway?

If he was trying to hide it he probably would have at the very least pulled it into the garage.

Oaf
11-13-2008, 02:16 PM
If I had that line, I'd be unhappy in Buffalo too.

This guy's a player, a bonafide 1800 yard back with a different team IMO.

UltimateBillsFan
11-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Marshawn obviously loves it here. <object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pSO-kdWLFes&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

hydro
11-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Marshawn obviously loves it here. <object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pSO-kdWLFes&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

That video cracks me up everytime. Kenny Mayne is freaking hilarious.

theanswer74
11-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Treated him like crap and "tossed him under the bus" .. All he did was get in his car and HIT a lady crossing the street; claim he didnt know he hit anyone because it was raining and took his car home and tried to hide it...

Oh, and he NEVER talked to the media about it, nor did he issue any kind of real apology to his fans. ANd he still rarely talks to the media, because they had the audacity to report the facts.

He's lucky he still has a multi-million dollar job.

He committed an accident in his personal life, why do we need to be apologized to?

It was handled privately. He wants to keep the accident personal, whats wrong with that?

Its none of our business. No one in the national media has even mentioned it this season, He hasnt ruined the Bills name. It hasn't embarrassed anyone but Lynch.

Lefty2985
11-13-2008, 09:14 PM
its hard to run for anything or run over anyone when you only get two steps and you are getting hit by men that have five six steps at him. lynch is great he plays hard. i think he likes it here but i dont blame him for not talking to the media is was an mistake he is human and by now its not a discussing but the media will bring it up. he did not talk all that much last year either and if he hated it here i dont think he would go around signing autographs after training camp like 80 percent of the players. go lynch and oh yeah the oline is horrible!!!!

HHURRICANE
11-14-2008, 08:11 AM
He's an elite back so the numbers don't count.

This board cracks me up. I was right on Schobel and I've been right on Lynch.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Hell, I'm unhappy with Marshawn.

Hitting people while driving drunk, don't even say that's not the case, what do you think is done on chippewa...not stopping...then trying to cover it up afterwards.

On top of it, the dude isn't even an improvement over the guy we had 6 years ago in Travis Henry. And based on football talent alone, I'd still rather have McGahee.

I'm sure this post will get ripped, but that's my honest opinion and both points are easy to see and understand when you take off the rose petalled glasses.

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2008, 11:50 AM
YaY do you like anything?

justasportsfan
11-14-2008, 12:07 PM
He's getting screwed by this team.please leave JP out of this.

:snicker:

Bulldog
11-14-2008, 02:53 PM
I just wish the Bills would feed him the damn ball and let hime tire defenses out. Buffalo needs to find a way to keep both he and Jackson on the field for a higher percentage of the plays. I think both are versitale enough to make it work.

OpIv37
11-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Hell, I'm unhappy with Marshawn.

Hitting people while driving drunk, don't even say that's not the case, what do you think is done on chippewa...not stopping...then trying to cover it up afterwards.

On top of it, the dude isn't even an improvement over the guy we had 6 years ago in Travis Henry. And based on football talent alone, I'd still rather have McGahee.

I'm sure this post will get ripped, but that's my honest opinion and both points are easy to see and understand when you take off the rose petalled glasses.

I disagree that McGahee is more talented than Marshawn, but for the sake of making a point, I'll accept that premise. Let's say McGahee is more talented.

The problem with McGahee is that he gives very little effort. Marshawn is 100% effort. The guy gets three yards, but he gets it because he willed himself to get 3 yards. How many similar plays with Willis resulted in negative yards. Even if McGahee is more talented, I'd rather have Lynch because you'll never get 100% of McGahee's talent. You're lucky if you can get 80% out of him. With Lynch, you get 110% talent because his effort make him better than his natural ability.

But going back to the topic of this thread, I think Lynch may be this generation's Eric Moulds: the guy with all the talent in the world who gets screwed by the Bills because they can't put a decent team around him. Just like our crappy QB play held Moulds back, a lack of run blocking is holding Lynch back. I would be shocked if he wasn't unhappy, and it's entirely possible that his frustration will grow and he'll flake out on this team too.

OpIv37
11-14-2008, 03:13 PM
I just wish the Bills would feed him the damn ball and let hime tire defenses out. Buffalo needs to find a way to keep both he and Jackson on the field for a higher percentage of the plays. I think both are versitale enough to make it work.

That's stupid.

Running the ball? Please.

We're going to use our 2nd year QB in his 16th start to throw it to receivers who are either rookies or undersized. In November and December weather. In Buffalo.

That makes a LOT more sense. I don't know why you can't see it.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2008, 03:47 PM
YaY do you like anything?

I like cake.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2008, 03:55 PM
I disagree that McGahee is more talented than Marshawn, but for the sake of making a point, I'll accept that premise. Let's say McGahee is more talented.

The problem with McGahee is that he gives very little effort. Marshawn is 100% effort. The guy gets three yards, but he gets it because he willed himself to get 3 yards. How many similar plays with Willis resulted in negative yards. Even if McGahee is more talented, I'd rather have Lynch because you'll never get 100% of McGahee's talent. You're lucky if you can get 80% out of him. With Lynch, you get 110% talent because his effort make him better than his natural ability.

But going back to the topic of this thread, I think Lynch may be this generation's Eric Moulds: the guy with all the talent in the world who gets screwed by the Bills because they can't put a decent team around him. Just like our crappy QB play held Moulds back, a lack of run blocking is holding Lynch back. I would be shocked if he wasn't unhappy, and it's entirely possible that his frustration will grow and he'll flake out on this team too.

Ok, you say the problem with McGahee gives very little effort and Lynch gives full effort. Problem is, our offensive line is better now than it was 2 years ago. Not by much, but it is. AND McGahee even at, if you want to say he gave 80% of his abilities week in week out produced the same as Lynch has so far.

So it's obvious which back has more talent. We get more of Lynch's talent week in and week out, but it still doesn't surpass what McGahee actually brought to the table on gamedays. Sad but true. Not that any Bills fan will admit to that.

Henry had less talent than either, ran behind an even worse line and put up better numbers. The sad part is, the numbers you see from Lynch are barely an improvement over Antowain Smith yet Fans go ga-ga all over the guy and no one liked Smith at all.

Quite simply, Lynch is probably one of the most over-rated Bills I can think of in recent memory.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2008, 03:57 PM

With his 3.5 ypc which gets us into second and long more often than not, does it surprise you that he doesn't get a bunch of carries in a game? Seriously?

TacklingDummy
11-14-2008, 04:33 PM
I just wish the Bills would feed him the damn ball and let hime tire defenses out.

He's 13th in the NFL in attempts. Getting the ball is not the problem.

OpIv37
11-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Ok, you say the problem with McGahee gives very little effort and Lynch gives full effort. Problem is, our offensive line is better now than it was 2 years ago. Not by much, but it is. AND McGahee even at, if you want to say he gave 80% of his abilities week in week out produced the same as Lynch has so far.

So it's obvious which back has more talent. We get more of Lynch's talent week in and week out, but it still doesn't surpass what McGahee actually brought to the table on gamedays. Sad but true. Not that any Bills fan will admit to that.

Henry had less talent than either, ran behind an even worse line and put up better numbers. The sad part is, the numbers you see from Lynch are barely an improvement over Antowain Smith yet Fans go ga-ga all over the guy and no one liked Smith at all.

Quite simply, Lynch is probably one of the most over-rated Bills I can think of in recent memory.

I really don't think the OL is any better at run blocking. The pass blocking makes them slightly better overall, but this is one of the worst run-blocking OL's I've ever seen, and we've had some pretty bad OL's this decade.

You may be right about Lynch, but I really don't think it's fair to evaluate him when the OL can't do ****. He's just another player who's gonna waste away playing for Buffalo cuz the FO can't get their **** together.

Bulldog
11-14-2008, 10:12 PM
He's 13th in the NFL in attempts. Getting the ball is not the problem.

I really don't care where he's ranked in the NFL in attempts. He's currently averaging 16 rushes a game, which for a back that gets stronger as the game wears on, isn't enough. Looking at average attempts per game, Lynch ranks 17th. For a bruising back like Marshawn, that's not going to cut it. I realize that his YPC isn't all that great and the o-line has struggled, but at the very least they need to give the man an opportunity. All I know is that at this time of year, if Buffalo is going to do anything, they need to get him going ASAP!

billogic99
11-14-2008, 10:50 PM
When he has been getting the ball he is fighting like hell. I dont really remember him being big in the press last year, either.

That being said, who wouldnt be a little frustrated running behind this OL

I also think he's got a ton of heart for the game and is one of the hardest guy's to bring down one on one or in a group.

tat2dmike77
11-14-2008, 10:57 PM

That's why I said earlier in the week that Trents struggles are a combination of Trent, o-line, WR not getting open, RB play.

Just as Lynch's struggles are a combination of Lynch, O-line, Edwards, and WR's.

I've said the same thing. It all starts up front and those guys are getting pushed around like nerds on a playground. Till they start pushing guys off the ball nothing will work. Maybe Jaruon and Co. should ban all the o-linmen from all fastfood places till they start blocking.

SABURZFAN
11-15-2008, 01:52 PM
I just wish the Bills would feed him the damn ball and let hime tire defenses out.

it sounds good but the OL looks tired from their all night buffet.

Night Train
11-15-2008, 02:19 PM
it sounds good but the OL looks tired from their all night buffet. and there lies the real problem. The OL. Lynch/Jackson is fine but O.J. in his prime would be smothered with these guys.

TacklingDummy
11-15-2008, 06:24 PM
I really don't care where he's ranked in the NFL in attempts. He's currently averaging 16 rushes a game, which for a back that gets stronger as the game wears on, isn't enough.

How many times do the Bills have the lead?

Oaf
11-19-2008, 01:35 AM
Man, how upset must have he have been after such a tremendous personal effort was squandered. Hope stuff like this doesn't damage his psyche at all..

Honestly, Lynch getting 100 with our team is an accomplishment akin to Turner or Portis getting 200 behind their teams.

Antoni
11-19-2008, 02:22 AM
Man, how upset must have he have been after such a tremendous personal effort was squandered. Hope stuff like this doesn't damage his psyche at all..

Honestly, Lynch getting 100 with our team is an accomplishment akin to Turner or Portis getting 200 behind their teams.

Yep and he should have at least 2 more good games against Kansas City and Denver. Both in the bottom 5 of rushing Defenses.

SABURZFAN
11-19-2008, 08:50 AM

i did see the Beastmode in him on Monday. was it because it was a national televised game? i don't know. as fans, we expect to see that EVERY week out of him.

gr8slayer
11-19-2008, 11:01 AM
i did see the Beastmode in him on Monday. was it because it was a national televised game? i don't know. as fans, we expect to see that EVERY week out of him.
No, it's because the Bills gave him the opportunity to actually touch the ball. He touched the ball 31 times on Monday; he'll go two weeks sometimes without that many touches.