PDA

View Full Version : Don't Be Surprised if Leodis busts one this game

Coach Sal
11-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Some interesting numbers and trends I noticed while doing some research for my Week 11 "Don't Be Surprised If...." column.

Only a few items. But the McKelvin note is last:

http://www.salsports.com/week_11_dont_be_surprised_if.htm

madness
11-13-2008, 11:56 AM
The stars are aligning for Buffalo on Monday night. Let's hope they take advantage.

bigbub2352
11-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Damn i thought this thread said dont be surprised if Leodis is a Bust, LOL
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/11/13/fewell-on-mckelvin/
That is not a ringing endorsement for the best CB in the country and 11th overall pick

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Damn i thought this thread said dont be surprised if Leodis is a Bust, LOL
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/11/13/fewell-on-mckelvin/
That is not a ringing endorsement for the best CB in the country and 11th overall pick
I'm sure you are being sarcastic but in case you aren't he was far from being the best CB in the country coming out of college. He's easily behind Cason, DRC, and Jenkins.

MikeInRoch
11-13-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm sure you are being sarcastic but in case you aren't he was far from being the best CB in the country coming out of college. He's easily behind Cason, DRC, and Jenkins.

Judging a draft pick by his first half season is pretty dumb.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Judging a draft pick by his first half season is pretty dumb.
I'm talking about in college. He was not he best CB in the land coming out of college and would not have been drafted as high as he was if it wasn't for his abilities as a KR/PR.

streetkings01
11-13-2008, 12:41 PM
I think the reason why McKelvin is moving up in kickoff rankings is because the offense is givings more opportunities for teams to score and the defense cant stop other teams from scoring.

Coach Sal
11-13-2008, 01:00 PM
I think the reason why McKelvin is moving up in kickoff rankings is because the offense is givings more opportunities for teams to score and the defense cant stop other teams from scoring.

He's moving up and is 10th in AVERAGE per return, not total yards.

So, whether he's getting more or less chances is not really effected by this.

In fact, considering he's near the top of the league in total # of returns, I'd say it's even MORE impressive that his average is so good, especially lately.

bigbub2352
11-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Oh no, i wasnt being sarcastic, not my words Mel Kiper Jr and Mike Mayock and the whole gang had him touted as the best CB in the country, not me

I hated the pick and still do, and completely agree with you that the other CBs have far surpassed Leodis all that were drafted after him are doing one thing that ledois is to dumb or just not plain good enough to do and that is play on defense!!!!!

Corner a 4th rd pick and coming from a smaller school is playing over him that is truly sad

Dr. Lecter
11-13-2008, 01:27 PM
He can run back a KO for a TD in OT, imo.

BTW, the people calling him a bust already are defying all logic and are being unreasonable.

RockStar36
11-13-2008, 01:44 PM
This would be the game to do it. Honestly, all playoff talk aside, this is a game they have to win just because it's a MNF game and it's at home. It will get all the coverage, all the attention, all the hype, and the last thing they can do is play like they have the past three games.

mybills
11-13-2008, 02:16 PM
I would love to see him do that! :up:

bigbub2352
11-13-2008, 02:35 PM

BTW, the people calling him a bust already are defying all logic and are being unreasonable.

I was calling him a bust the day we drafted him, just football instincts on my part, to many negative attributes to be taken at 11
1. coming from subpar competition
2. Stone Hands
3. cant digest defensive schemes
4. Cant get the playbook
5. 5ft 10 and only 180lbs, will be hard for him to compete with larger WRs ala San Deigo

But he can return kicks i guess

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 03:17 PM

Who exactly is calling him a bust? Saying that he was not the best CB in the draft is far from calling him a bust.

Dr. Lecter
11-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Who exactly is calling him a bust? Saying that he was not the best CB in the draft is far from calling him a bust.

Not you.........

Pinkerton Security
11-13-2008, 03:23 PM
if he busts one, i'll bust one, if you know what i mean

mybills
11-13-2008, 04:52 PM
gut or nut?

:snicker:

dmosher12
11-13-2008, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if cribbs did, but i doubt leodis. i just don't see it. mcgee ran it much better and every kick return i thought he had a chance. mckelvin is getting better though week by week. probably doesn't help that we lost a bunch of special teamers in teh offseason.

eyedog
11-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Are the Bills the only team in the league that uses it's top pick of that year on kick returners ?

We have done it TWICE in the last couple of years. Don't forget about Parrish who is basically a punt returner and a 4th wr.

bigbub2352
11-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Not you.........
The DR means me.....lol i will stand my ground on this one, and be the first to insert my foot in my mouth if i am wrong

Mahdi
11-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah im sure you were saying that before the draft while all the draft gurus were saying Leodis was the most ready.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah im sure you were saying that before the draft while all the draft gurus were saying Leodis was the most ready.
Actually I was, several people on these boards can attest to that.

jamze132
11-14-2008, 03:11 AM
Oh no, i wasnt being sarcastic, not my words Mel Kiper Jr and Mike Mayock and the whole gang had him touted as the best CB in the country, not me

I hated the pick and still do, and completely agree with you that the other CBs have far surpassed Leodis all that were drafted after him are doing one thing that ledois is to dumb or just not plain good enough to do and that is play on defense!!!!!

Corner a 4th rd pick and coming from a smaller school is playing over him that is truly sad
If you go back to all the pre-draft threads, no where will you find jamze132 saying we should draft a CB in RD1. I thought we had more pressing needs than a kick returner.

shelby
11-14-2008, 04:05 AM
Parrish had a decent game as a receiver last week.

Coach Sal
11-14-2008, 08:16 AM
Parrish had a decent game as a receiver last week.

He had a really good first half.

But then the Pats made some adjustments and we never threw it to him again. I thought that was ridiculous. It was obviously a good matchup for the Bills and they never figured it out after that.

Philagape
11-17-2008, 10:02 PM
BINGO!

X-Era
11-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Well done!!!!

dplus47
11-17-2008, 11:12 PM
he also had a nice break on a ball late in the game and almost picked it off. the pass was really low (did it die in the wind?) and he didn't come up with it, though.

give him time, whether you wanted them to pick him or not. they picked him, and it takes a bit of time for most corners to adjust to the NFL.

thenry20
11-17-2008, 11:17 PM

I agree. Let's hope he learns quicker than Youboty and make significant contributions next year, if not earlier.

Novacane
11-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Nice call coach. To bad they wasted it.

billsfanone
11-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Good call.

Ebenezer
11-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Amazing call.