PDA

View Full Version : Offensively, I'm calling out the line & Dockery (wish the team could read this)

jpdex12
11-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Yup, no secret that our o-line has sucked this year but I just went back and watched the Jets and New England games and it was utterly pathetic how terrible Dockery is playing. Grant it he played two games against real good DT's in Jenkins and Seymour but why did Ralph Wilson pay Dockery so much money for?
To solidify the interior of our line!

Dockery has been playing like a chump. I've seen late round picks play with more heart and quality than he's showing us now. Turnstile comes to mind!

Our entire O-line has not been getting any push off the line whatsoever. And Jason Peters can go back to Mississippi for all I care. He's been a fraction of the glimmer he showed us last season. Very disappointing! No extension...keep playing through your contract. I'm glad Ralph didn't extend him, I couldn't imagine him playing anymore sub-par. Sad to say that the right side of our line has seemed to play a bit better to me even though they are no shining beacon of hope. At least that side of the line can blame lackluseter play on an injury to Butler.

No wonder Lynch can't get any kind of steam before he cracks into the second layer he can't find a crack to slither through! The finger must be pointed at our o-line coach and to the players themselves.

Trent has made some costly sophomore mistakes but what do you expect with no running game when the sophomore is trying to be our offensive savior?

jamze132
11-14-2008, 06:36 AM
To be honest, Peters when playing even average, is still better than half of the LTs in the NFL.

madness
11-14-2008, 08:00 AM
To be honest, Peters when playing even average, is still better than half of the LTs in the NFL.

The problem, though, is the thing that's hurting the line the most. He'll hold down the left side most of the game until that one or two crucial moments when we need him the most.

That's the difference between Jason Peters last year and Jason Peters this year... consistancy.

justasportsfan
11-14-2008, 08:06 AM
It's not the players. It's the coaches.Almost every player we brought in was above average before they got here. Every player that's left us is playing better than they did when they were here.

Saratoga Slim
11-14-2008, 08:30 AM
It's not the players. It's the coaches.Almost every player we brought in was above average before they got here. Every player that's left us is playing better than they did when they were here.

I'm generally someone who blames the players for not executing before I point the finger at the coaches. But I'm inclined to agree. I think the talent level on our OL is very competitive. But they are the single glaring weakness of this team right now. It's either

1) the players' fault for playing with a lack of intensity, or
2) the coaching: technique, scheme, in-game adaptation to the defense
3) the coaching, for allowing those guys to get away with showing no real heart. Our line is HUGE. There is simply no reason that we shouldn't have confidence in running on 3rd-1 or 4th-1. While technique and blocking schemes play some role in those situations, it's more about simply gritting your teeth and pushing the guy in front of you two steps back. I just can't understand why that's a problem for the behemoths we have in there.

justasportsfan
11-14-2008, 08:34 AM
the OL is regressing right after McNally left. This OL talent is better than Villarial, Bennie Anderson and even Gandy who's playing very well with the cards. Even with that line-up, Willis did sooo much better than Lynch is now.

Trent is suppose to be smarter than JP and the quick release dink and dunk was supposed to bring the sacks down. If we're getting sacked running short passes, I'd rather go back to getting sacked throwing deep balls. At least that way Evans has a chance to score TD's and it'll open things up for Lynch and JAckson. When teams know we're going to dink and dunk, they'll put eight players in the short passing lanes that not only takes care of the dink and dunk, but it also puts a tab on Lynch for short gains.

jamze132
11-14-2008, 09:40 AM
It's not like we are running our best 5 O-linemen out there each Sunday. When you are forced to play guys like Chambers and Whittle, bad things are going to happen like Trent not having time to make a 5 step drop or Marshawn being met behind the LOS consistently.

justasportsfan
11-14-2008, 09:45 AM
It's not like we are running our best 5 O-linemen out there each Sunday. When you are forced to play guys like Chambers and Whittle, bad things are going to happen like Trent not having time to make a 5 step drop or Marshawn being met behind the LOS consistently.

the pats don't have that excuse when they are starting Cassel and Ellis-Green. Two nobodies. Their coaches get the most out of whatever players they have even Aiken who was a scrub here.

BTW, We've been saying that about the other qb too.

EDS
11-14-2008, 09:56 AM
the pats don't have that excuse when they are starting Cassel and Ellis-Green. Two nobodies. Their coaches get the most out of whatever players they have even Aiken who was a scrub here.

Not to mention the injuries on their offensive line.

jpdex12
11-14-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm generally someone who blames the players for not executing before I point the finger at the coaches. But I'm inclined to agree. I think the talent level on our OL is very competitive. But they are the single glaring weakness of this team right now. It's either

1) the players' fault for playing with a lack of intensity, or
2) the coaching: technique, scheme, in-game adaptation to the defense
3) the coaching, for allowing those guys to get away with showing no real heart. Our line is HUGE. There is simply no reason that we shouldn't have confidence in running on 3rd-1 or 4th-1. While technique and blocking schemes play some role in those situations, it's more about simply gritting your teeth and pushing the guy in front of you two steps back. I just can't understand why that's a problem for the behemoths we have in there.

Slim,

I think that the coaches should be able to improve upon their abilities to get the most out of their players but I pin the terrible offensive results thus far to a lack of heart and laziness. The left side of our line should be the strongest side and right now it's hard to tell which side is better. If you single out Dockery's play and watch his specifically he is not playing anywhere near what he's getting paid to play for and he hasn't impressed me since he's been here. He has been getting his ass whipped this year. Peters has been holding up but a previous poster had it spot on when he said Peters is giving up those crucial sacks at the worst times this year. No time is a good time for a sack to be allowed but he usually has been letting it happen when we just start to get some momentum going and it's a balloon buster!

Patti120
11-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Oline needs to step it up. Plus it always seems like the other team knows when we are going to run the ball. Pretty damn frustrating!

jamze132
11-15-2008, 12:45 AM

BTW, We've been saying that about the other qb too.
Wow. Everyone knows our coaches suck. Everyone also knows our O-line has no backups worth a turd. Good for the Pats. Even their backups are better than half of our starters.

thenry20
11-15-2008, 02:33 AM
Yup, no secret that our o-line has sucked this year but I just went back and watched the Jets and New England games and it was utterly pathetic how terrible Dockery is playing. Grant it he played two games against real good DT's in Jenkins and Seymour but why did Ralph Wilson pay Dockery so much money for?
To solidify the interior of our line!

Dockery has been playing like a chump. I've seen late round picks play with more heart and quality than he's showing us now. Turnstile comes to mind!

Our entire O-line has not been getting any push off the line whatsoever. And Jason Peters can go back to Mississippi for all I care. He's been a fraction of the glimmer he showed us last season. Very disappointing! No extension...keep playing through your contract. I'm glad Ralph didn't extend him, I couldn't imagine him playing anymore sub-par. Sad to say that the right side of our line has seemed to play a bit better to me even though they are no shining beacon of hope. At least that side of the line can blame lackluseter play on an injury to Butler.

No wonder Lynch can't get any kind of steam before he cracks into the second layer he can't find a crack to slither through! The finger must be pointed at our o-line coach and to the players themselves.

Trent has made some costly sophomore mistakes but what do you expect with no running game when the sophomore is trying to be our offensive savior?

This has been a huge prob since Travis left. I'm very surprised Lynch was able to get 1000 yards in just 14 games last year.

Mahdi
11-15-2008, 09:22 AM
That may be true in the pass game but he has no clue when it comes to run blocking.

gr8slayer
11-15-2008, 11:14 AM
(wish the team could read this)

There are a few players who read the forums :up: