X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Defensively, I'm calling out our DE's and their anemic pass rush

Injuries suck but it's part of life in the NFL and every team deals with them and the good teams find a way to let the suds rise to the top. Well our suds haven't risen to the top yet so that means we are FLAT!

Schobel was a lame duck before the injury. At least this just gave him an excuse. I'm very disappointed in the team's decision to cough up serious cash for his extension and also for donating big bucks to the Chris Kelsay Offseason January Golf Excursions. It's sad when Ryan Denney and Copeland Bryan have outperformed both of our starters who are sucking hind tit!

If this isn't one of our first two offseason priorities this year I'm going to slug a bottle of Crown Royal in an attempt to die from alcohol poisoning. It doen's matter how front loaded their contracts are/were I don't see us unloading dead weight or trading them to another team who will pay their salaries.

So what do you do when you have overpaid a mediocre player or one that is passed his prime? Ask Al Davis I guess...
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: Defensively, I'm calling out our DE's and their anemic pass rush

Originally posted by jpdex12
    Injuries suck but it's part of life in the NFL and every team deals with them and the good teams find a way to let the suds rise to the top. Well our suds haven't risen to the top yet so that means we are FLAT!

Schobel was a lame duck before the injury. At least this just gave him an excuse. I'm very disappointed in the team's decision to cough up serious cash for his extension and also for donating big bucks to the Chris Kelsay Offseason January Golf Excursions. It's sad when Ryan Denney and Copeland Bryan have outperformed both of our starters who are sucking hind tit!

If this isn't one of our first two offseason priorities this year I'm going to slug a bottle of Crown Royal in an attempt to die from alcohol poisoning. It doen's matter how front loaded their contracts are/were I don't see us unloading dead weight or trading them to another team who will pay their salaries.

So what do you do when you have overpaid a mediocre player or one that is passed his prime? Ask Al Davis I guess...
    Dont blame them. They just arent talented football players. Denney and Kelsay are what they are. Im willing to bet 1 or both are gone next year.

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

Maybe we should draft 5 DEs.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by yordad
        I think we need at least 2 in the next draft. One high pick and one project/diamond.

Comment

• eyedog
          • Jul 2002

That's not a bad idea. The way the Bills draft they might be able to find one out of those five that could actually play.
          I hear the Sunbelt has plenty of d-ends they would be interested in.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Mahdi
            Dont blame them. They just arent talented football players. Denney and Kelsay are what they are. Im willing to bet 1 or both are gone next year.
            IMO, Kelsay is a piece to the puzzle but Denney isn't worth having around. Kelsay could make a very big contribution as a rotational player.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Maybe we should have used our 1st rounder on a DE last rather than a kick returner.

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Good idea, then we can find out who are the good ones by the ones we cut who then go on to be successful starters on other teams.

Comment

• jpdex12
                  • Jan 2005

Kelsay unfortunately is paid too much to be rotational...like Schobel.

When is it that the ball will boune both ways and if these players perform poorly one year the owner gets money back? Case in point, imagine if we conceeded and paid Peters the mother load he was looking for?

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                    IMO, Kelsay is a piece to the puzzle but Denney isn't worth having around. Kelsay could make a very big contribution as a rotational player.
                    Kelsay gets 50-60 snaps a game and does NOTHING with any of them. What piece of the puzzle is he exactly?

Kelsay is taking up valuable cap space get rid of him and let Bryan and Ellis do more than he does for a fraction of the cost.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by jpdex12
                      Defensively, I'm calling out our DE's and their anemic pass rush
                      You too

I beleive the majority of us have been as well. Anyone here have a chemistry set and think they can clone Bruce Smith in his prime....

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

Kelsay gets 50-60 snaps a game and does NOTHING with any of them. What piece of the puzzle is he exactly?

Kelsay is taking up valuable cap space get rid of him and let Bryan and Ellis do more than he does for a fraction of the cost.
                        Sure he does. He is the first to raise his fist and celebrate after someone else makes a play.

D & S Sports

Comment

• jpdex12
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                          You too

I beleive the majority of us have been as well. Anyone here have a chemistry set and think they can clone Bruce Smith in his prime....
                          Hell, BS could come out of retirement right now and play better than these cream puffs!

Comment

Working...
                          X