PDA

View Full Version : ABNE

OpIv37
11-13-2008, 08:35 PM
"Anyone but New England".

When it comes to football, a Patriots loss is second only to the Bills win. Let's face it- the Bills aren't winning the division. They're 0-3 in the division and will be a game and a tiebreaker (read: two games) behind the winner of this game, and if they lose on Monday, they'll be 2 games and a tiebreaker (read: 3 games) behind the winner with only 6 left to play.

If the Bills aren't going to win it, I just want the Patriots to lose it. Rooting for the Jets or Dolphins is painful, but worth it. I just want Bellicheck's Reign of Terror to end.

One caveat- I'll only root for them as long as it doesn't mean rooting against the Bills.

Thurmal
11-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Jeez, man. I mean, I have a lot of resentment towards the Bills right now too. A lot. But there is still virtually half the season left. I can't resort to rooting for the Jets or the Phins just yet. At least let's see how the next couple games play out.

OpIv37
11-13-2008, 08:43 PM
I said I'm not rooting for them if it means rooting for the Bills.

But think about it- if the Jets take the division lead here and the Bills can somehow get ahead of the Pats, it may take NE out of the playoffs. It's a pipedream because I doubt the Bills will play that well and I doubt the Pats will play that poorly, but one can always hope.

psubills62
11-13-2008, 08:48 PM
"Anyone but New England".

When it comes to football, a Patriots loss is second only to the Bills win. Let's face it- the Bills aren't winning the division. They're 0-3 in the division and will be a game and a tiebreaker (read: two games) behind the winner of this game, and if they lose on Monday, they'll be 2 games and a tiebreaker (read: 3 games) behind the winner with only 6 left to play.

If the Bills aren't going to win it, I just want the Patriots to lose it. Rooting for the Jets or Dolphins is painful, but worth it. I just want Bellicheck's Reign of Terror to end.

One caveat- I'll only root for them as long as it doesn't mean rooting against the Bills.

Completely agree, Op. If Miami can beat NE down in Florida, then NE has a good chance at going 0-3 in these three games. If the Bills can overtake them by winning their three games, wed be in a decent position for the wild card (depending on what other teams in other divisions do, and how Miami does overall).

jamze132
11-14-2008, 06:32 AM
I root against anyone in first place, no matter who it is, expcept for the Bills of course.

mybills
11-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Oh I agree that anything can happen, but I predict the following Division standings.

Mia- 4-2/ 2NE, + 1 each
Bills- 4-2/ 2NE, +1 each
Jets - 3-3/ 1 each
NE - 1-5/ 0Mia, 0Bills, 1 Jets

worst case Bills 3-3 giving 1 more to NE making them 2-4 and us 3-3 tying with Jets. No way will Jets lose to them a second time, and no way will any of them sweep the Bills. Especially NE

One down...:pray: for the rest!

mybills
11-14-2008, 06:50 AM
I'm too positive. :doh: