PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills need inspiration from Dick Jauron

shelby
11-15-2008, 06:58 AM
As I watched Buffalo's road game against the New England Patriots last week, I was struck by the Bills' lack of emotion. Here they were, coming off two consecutive losses and playing the team that has ruled their division for nearly a decade, and there didn't appear to be any sense of urgency, any fire. They played like zombies.I thought perhaps it was just me reading too much into the situation. But then I heard that injured Bills safety Donte Whitner had noticed the same thing while watching the game on his big-screen TV back in Buffalo.
"Donte could see that from his own couch," Bills defensive end Chris Kelsay said when asked about Buffalo's listlessness.

Emotion is a huge part of football, regardless if it's Pop Warner or the NFL.
Clearly, too much emotion can be detrimental. But too little of it can spell doom.

A month ago, after the Bills had sprinted to a 5-1 start, many of us celebrated the fact this team was an extension of its low-key, even-keeled coach. But now, after three consecutive losses to AFC East rivals, we're thinking it might be time for Dick Jauron to start venting a bit.
I'm not advocating that he drop his trousers, a la Mike Singletary, to get his point across that his team is being embarrassed by the opposition.

But it wouldn't hurt to remind certain players that their jobs could be on the line if they don't start making plays and cutting down on the mistakes that have transformed them into playoff pretenders.

more.... (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20081114/SPORTS0102/811140352/-1/COLUMNS)

yordad
11-15-2008, 12:39 PM
"cutting down on the mistakes that have transformed them into playoff pretenders."That was worded strangely.

Anyways, I agree.

Novacane
11-15-2008, 01:02 PM
they will never get inspiration from the non-emotional Jauron. Never.

jamze132
11-16-2008, 03:04 AM
If the motivation and inspiration is to come, it is not going to come from the coaches. It has to come from within and it starts with guys setting the example on the field of play. If you have a guy who is all up in your face, that could be a great tool of motivation but if that same "rah, rah" player is consistently making mistakes, no one and I mean no one is going to give a damn what he says.

The best leadership is followed by example.

Nighthawk
11-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Screw the emotion...I'd be happy if this coaching staff put them in positions to be successful!!! When you start hearing players saying they love Dickey, it's because he allows them to get away with anything! There is zero people being held accountable for their actions on Sundays in that locker room. He doesn't have to yell, but it would be nice for him not to be a complete idiot.

T-Long
11-16-2008, 09:25 PM
I'd like to see Dick just go insane on the sideline and start throwing ****...now THAT would be a show!!!!