Since going up 3-0 on St. Louis in the 1st Period on Wed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Since going up 3-0 on St. Louis in the 1st Period on Wed....

The Sabres have been outscored 14-4 over a span of less than 9 periods.

That's just ridiculous.

WTF is going on here?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • rbochan
    Zamboni Driver
    • Jun 2008

Re: Since going up 3-0 on St. Louis in the 1st Period on Wed....

Rivet mentioned in his interview that some of the players aren't buying into the system. If I were Lindy, my attitude would be: "You're not buying into the system? You don't get to play." Cripes, don't even give them another shift if it happens during a game. Bring up the Pirates and toss the bums into the press box. Hopefully something like that would get this peewee-team-dressed-as-Sabres off their collective poopers.

It's a sad, sad team when Peters outplays your multi-million dollar forwards.
    ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
    it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

As has been the case for the past few years, this team just isn't made up by the right kind of players. Unfortunately, it just does not seem that it is possible for this team to play good consistently.

Comment

• SabreEleven
        • Aug 2002

Not buy into the system?, these have been playing Lindy's system for 4 or 5 years, even when they were in Rochester....WTF......
        Last edited by SabreEleven; 11-16-2008, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Jan 2004

this is what he said after the St. Louis game in his Post-game Press Conf.

"I spent two days talking about taking care of the puck and long shifts and I was dead serious when I said ice time is going to have to be reduced," Ruff said. "If we're going to play that way, we're going to lose."
          by the way did any of you see Afinogenov last night it looked like he was pouting and Lindy came over and talked to him. Afinogenov sat for the rest of the game.

Comment

• SabreEleven
            • Aug 2002

Did you see Afinogenov skate from his end to the other and then around the net and give away the puck without even a fight?

Comment

• Nighthawk
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
              Did you see Afinogenov skate from his end to the other and then around the net and give away the puck without even a fight?
              Every game...

Comment

• SabreEleven
                • Aug 2002

This one was probably is worse which is saying a lot.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

This one was probably is worse which is saying a lot.
                  I'd like to see them get rid of some of the dead weight on this team, but I just don't think this FO gets it. I'd much rather have Gerbe up here then have "useless" Max figure skating out there.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                    • Jul 2002

Roy needs to knock off the dangling act too. He is ****ing brutal at times. He's a little pouty ass ***** too. Max has all that speed and Kotalik has the one of the best shots in the NHL but I won't miss seeing them go next year. They are two of the worst offenders when it comes to coughing up the puck.
                    My Band
                    daveviterna.com

Comment

• rbochan
                      Zamboni Driver
                      • Jun 2008

Not buy into the system?, these have been playing Lindy's system for 4 or 5 years, even when they were in Rochester....WTF......
                      Look at the Sabres numbers sometime. The talent isn't even close to the teams that made it to the SCF last year. It's not because of the coaching. They don't seem to be able to outscore other teams anymore, and they're too small to be running people over, but as the start of the season showed, when they played the system - they won. At the start, the team was a smart, defensive shutdown MACHINE - because they played the system. Granted, a big shut down defenseman would help, as would a REAL number one center, but even without that, the system worked.

The system worked even when some of the better players were out due to injuries. Once the entire team was healthy again, the prima donna attitude returned. They still want to play run-and-gun like two seasons ago. Screw that. The players need to stop using their heads as butt plugs and get back to the system. If it takes benching and replacing to get it done - it needs to be done. Bring up Gerbe, Kennedy, and Mancari - they'll play it. They've already show that in Portland. Let them shown these multi-million dollar pansies how it can be done.
                      ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
                      it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

The last couple games Kotalik went back his normal pussy ways...I didn't know you could pull a hammy skating in the Ice Capades...

Comment

Working...
                        X