PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Talking Points

patmoran2006
11-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Since the Bills were on a "bye" for today, I got to watch a lot of football via the Sunday ticket. Working on a column that will be out tomorrow at noon, these will be some of the talking points.

* Its way to early to make a determination, but man-- so far DRC sure as hell looks like he should've been the pick over McKelvin. The kid started his fifth game today, and had not one but two interceptions, including one late in the fourth to seal another Arizona win.

* Speaking of Arizona, there's no way Kurt Warner isn't the lead dog in the MVP race as of right now.. He is ripping **** up. Keep it up, especially when you play New England soon.

* Lawyer Milloy is far from washed up. I watched some Atlanta today and he was like a heat seeking missile with some of his hits. He's got 69 tackles and 1 INT this year, more than we can say right now for our younger safeties.

* SD and Jags are done.

* INdy still doesn't impress me. That doesnt mean they wont get to 10 wins though.

* The Ravens defense got exposed big time today.

* Willis McGahee is a bum.

* The Bills REALLY need an impact player. I saw Joey Porter get a sack in the final minute when Miami NEEDED it. Dwight Freeney got a huge sack late in the game against Houston. We just need to get a guy who can make a play when we need it most. I dont see that on this team right now.

eyedog
11-16-2008, 07:39 PM
-Tenn. Titans d-line is kick ass. The main reason they sre undefeated.
-Bills should do whatever it takes to sign Haynesworth this offseason. If they can pay those two bums that sometimes play at d-end they can overpay for Haynesworth.
-As long as Manning is lining up at qb for the Colts they are a contender and can beat anybody.

Philagape
11-16-2008, 08:07 PM
-- Denver showed some semblance of a defense today.

DraftBoy
11-16-2008, 08:19 PM
-DRC had the best game of his young career and he's only going to get better...

Oaf
11-17-2008, 12:40 AM
* The Bills REALLY need an impact player. I saw Joey Porter get a sack in the final minute when Miami NEEDED it. Dwight Freeney got a huge sack late in the game against Houston. We just need to get a guy who can make a play when we need it most. I dont see that on this team right now.

Agreed. Although I think Stroud and Mitchell were brought in to be those players and to an extent, can provide those plays. Greer also has stepped up to turn games around twice now.

Antoni
11-17-2008, 02:14 AM
Too early to count out the Bolts. That division is pretty horrible and they're still only 2 games back.

Denver still has:

Raiders--laughable but they're playing pretty tough and they already beat the Jets.
@Jets
Chiefs
@Panthers
Bills
@Chargers

I live with 2 Charger fans and they still seem somewhat optimistic. Only in the AFC West I guess

billogic99
11-17-2008, 08:07 AM
-Tenn. Titans d-line is kick ass. The main reason they sre undefeated.
-Bills should do whatever it takes to sign Haynesworth this offseason. If they can pay those two bums that sometimes play at d-end they can overpay for Haynesworth.
-As long as Manning is lining up at qb for the Colts they are a contender and can beat anybody.

I seriously doubt the man leaves Tenn.

HHURRICANE
11-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Since the Bills were on a "bye" for today, I got to watch a lot of football via the Sunday ticket. Working on a column that will be out tomorrow at noon, these will be some of the talking points.

* Its way to early to make a determination, but man-- so far DRC sure as hell looks like he should've been the pick over McKelvin. The kid started his fifth game today, and had not one but two interceptions, including one late in the fourth to seal another Arizona win.

* Speaking of Arizona, there's no way Kurt Warner isn't the lead dog in the MVP race as of right now.. He is ripping **** up. Keep it up, especially when you play New England soon.

* Lawyer Milloy is far from washed up. I watched some Atlanta today and he was like a heat seeking missile with some of his hits. He's got 69 tackles and 1 INT this year, more than we can say right now for our younger safeties.

* SD and Jags are done.

* INdy still doesn't impress me. That doesnt mean they wont get to 10 wins though.

* The Ravens defense got exposed big time today.

* Willis McGahee is a bum.

Nice post. I live in ATL and I was shocked at how much better he is playing which makes my argument for Whitner look alot weaker.

I think winning makes players better.

The Bills are in a death spiral and I doubt they recover.

madness
11-17-2008, 08:27 AM
:sigh:

I so wanted DRC.

eyedog
11-17-2008, 08:58 AM
I seriously doubt the man leaves Tenn.

How about 10 mil. per for five years.
And they have the cash to do it.

Actually they can flat-out cut Kelsay and Schobel if needed. There's 12 mil.

I really don't care how they get there but him and Stroud side by side will make everyone better on D.

But Ralph won't pay it, and he surely won't eat any contract of his overpaid players. Add Dockery.