• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Turns out I'm a homer after all.

I know I have a reputation on this board for being pessimistic. I've been down on this team since the draft. But as it turns out, I was way too optimistic about several things.

First, I never thought we'd go 0-3 in that division stretch. I figured we'd at least beat Miami and that we had a shot at the Jets at home.

Second, I never thought we'd be last in the division and I certainly never thought we'd go from first to last in a few short weeks. And even if we win tomorrow night, we're still last due to tiebreakers.

I never thought we'd have a must-win game in mid-November.

I never thought we'd be struggling to keep up with the Miami ****ing Dolphins. I figured the Dolphins would improve as the year went on and would probably take the second meeting from us, but I never thought they'd be so good this early.

I never thought our new, expensive DL would turn out to be completely worthless.

I figured Trent would struggle since he's so young, but I never thought he'd turn into a complete turnover machine.

I could keep going, but you get the point. My expectations were low and somehow these guys are still managing to disappoint me. I really hope we see something different against Cleveland tomorrow, but I really don't expect that to happen at all.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Turns out I'm a homer after all.

Originally posted by OpIv37
    I know I have a reputation on this board for being pessimistic. I've been down on this team since the draft. But as it turns out, I was way too optimistic about several things.

First, I never thought we'd go 0-3 in that division stretch. I figured we'd at least beat Miami and that we had a shot at the Jets at home.

Second, I never thought we'd be last in the division and I certainly never thought we'd go from first to last in a few short weeks. And even if we win tomorrow night, we're still last due to tiebreakers.

I never thought we'd be struggling to keep up with the Miami ****ing Dolphins. I figured the Dolphins would improve as the year went on and would probably take the second meeting from us, but I never thought they'd be so good this early.

I never thought our new, expensive DL would turn out to be completely worthless.

I figured Trent would struggle since he's so young, but I never thought he'd turn into a complete turnover machine.

I could keep going, but you get the point. My expectations were low and somehow these guys are still managing to disappoint me. I really hope we see something different against Cleveland tomorrow, but I really don't expect that to happen at all.
    are you even a Bills fan?
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• Bling
      • Jul 2004

I think it was RockStar that tried convincing me that Marcus Stroud and Kawika Mitchell were great pickups. lol.

Comment

• billogic99
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BillsWin
        The morale police are in the forum!!

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by billogic99
          The morale police are in the forum!!

I dont really care. you can be negative because we are 0-3 in the division and are dissapointed. But I have never read one positive or even nuetral post from OP thats why I asked.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

I...I...I...I...nobody cares

Comment

• Buffalogic
              Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
              • Feb 2006

Stupid.

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

haha thanks for the negative rep points!
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• billogic99
                  • Oct 2008

I dont really care. you can be negative because we are 0-3 in the division and are dissapointed. But I have never read one positive or even nuetral post from OP thats why I asked.
                  This site is about opinions, OP is about as close to realistic about the Bills as I've read.

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

haha, STFU Op, you can't declare yourself a homer AFTER we go 5-1.. We all know before the season you had us chalked up for a 3-13 finish. So you should be excited where we're at.

Following the start we had, you then call yourself optimistic by claiming you thought we'd win 1 out of 3 div games? I guess that is going out on quite the limb there for you, huh? Were you shocked when we beat Jax and SD or did your "homerism" predict those ones?

You never thought we'd have a must win mid-november game because you thought we'd be finished off by the close of September. This thread makes me laugh.

Comment

• jamze132
                      • Jun 2003

I didn't expect to be 4-0 nor did I expect to go 0-3 the first time through division play. I guess it all evens out in the end... 8-8.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

One of the oddest aspects of message boards is when people open a thread, knowing who started it, and take the time to post the claim that they don't care.

Unintentional irony, that's the phrase I'm looking for.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Op has every right to this thead. Op is a FAN!!!!!

You guys need to get that through your heads first.

What are the Bills doing right now:

1) They are in last place in our division and will still be that way no matter what happens tonight.

2) They do not own a wild card spot and look pretty far away from getting one.

3) The Organization pretty muched promised us a playoff spot this year.

4) Looks like the same team for the last 5 years. Can't block, can't stop the run, can't put up points, and seems to make poor decisions in regards to personnel. We nned a DE to step up and our 3rd rounder can't even make the roster.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

he like me is way to big of a bills fan thus his view!!!!!!

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

This league is a topsy-turvy league. Just when you think you have it figured out, you end up being wrong... again.

Comment

Working...
                              X