PDA

View Full Version : DT Sam Adams..

TypicalBill
05-04-2003, 01:50 PM
"As long as they got the push inside where the quarterback can't step up that will help me out big time," defensive end Aaron Schobel said.

Adams knows he must be a force if the Bills' run defense is going to improve.

"If a team can run down the nucleus of your defense, which is the middle - the two tackles - they can do anything," he said. "You must be able to stop the run to give yourself a better chance to win the game."

Much is expected of Adams this season, but he also comes in with plenty of motivation.

He's determined to answer critics who believe he's seen his best years and question his commitment to keep his weight under control.

"There's a lot of hearsay out there," Adams said. "But line up on Sunday, and we'll see. I expect to be the best in this league, plain and simple. I am here to pitch a fit, give opposing offenses 60 minutes of hell and that's what I intend to do."

The Full Article (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030504/1037489.asp?1037489.asp)

:ko:

We needed an inside presence last year...we got the total package :up:

LDE Kelsay
NT Adams
UT Williams
RDE Schobel

:clap:

The Spaz
05-04-2003, 02:10 PM
You don't think Marcus Jones is going to start? Go Bills!

TypicalBill
05-04-2003, 02:14 PM
it doesn't look promising right now, he's not participating in mini camp and we dont know how good he will be coming from an injury... right now, i think Kelsay is the starter until someone takes the title from him.... Go Bills! :D

PA Season Ticket Holder
05-04-2003, 02:19 PM
Look at all the high draft picks we've had at DE over the last 5 years. All them picks and only one credible starter.

HenryRules
05-04-2003, 02:24 PM
DE is a position the Bills have never really drafted well. Smith is the only real superstar we've ever drafted (my Bills memory doesn't go much before Kelly, so I'm sorry if there were some before then). Hansen was solid, and I think the jury is still out on whether Wiley had a couple of fluke seasons or not.

mikemac2001
05-04-2003, 02:26 PM
The LE is up for grabs....U cant name a starter there yet its mini camp give those guys some time to get back

:punchu:

mikemac2001
05-04-2003, 02:27 PM
wiley had talent around him also...I dont see much in Chargers DLine wiley is good player maybe not a Star though

PA Season Ticket Holder
05-04-2003, 02:31 PM
He was good but not worth the money he got from Butler. He's also missed a lot of games due to injury.

HenryRules
05-04-2003, 02:35 PM
I didn't know Wiley has been injured that much ... I thought he's missed like one or two games the last couple of years, but nothing more.

Throne Logic
05-04-2003, 02:47 PM
How can you judge TD's picks when they've only been around for 1 or 2 years tops? Most lineman take a year or so to develop in to NFL players. Generally, they need to bulk up and/or add endurance for the longer season.

This is driving me nuts. I expect at least two of TD's DL draft picks to make most of the people on this board eat each and every bad syllable uttered against them this past off-season.

I just don't see how 1st year players can be expected to perform like seasoned pro-bowl veterans. Especially those who were not picked in the top 10 overall.

Go ahead an name all of the lineman, drafted in the late first round or higher, who have made a significant impact in their first year.

Now, take whomever you might come up with and compare the rest of the line they played with to the line Buffalo fielded the last couple seasons. I bet you find a heck of alot more veteran talent supporting, mentoring, and picking up slack.

I think our DL will be fine this year with what we have on the roster now.

mikemac2001
05-04-2003, 02:50 PM
denny isnt a bust Flowers was ...give denny a chance

Throne Logic
05-04-2003, 02:52 PM
Flowers was picked in Butler's last draft for Buffalo . . .

Doc
05-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Don't forget about Grant Irons at LDE as well.

HenryRules
05-04-2003, 04:03 PM
I wasn't referring to TD's drafts, I was referring to the entire Bills draft history. And, like I said, aside from Bruce, we have not drafted any real stars at DE in the last 20 years. That's not really a great accomplishment.