PDA

View Full Version : Last Two Minutes Shows This Team Does Not Believe it is a Playoff Team

don137
11-18-2008, 05:34 AM
Action speaks louder than words. The coaching staff may say they feel this team is good enough to go to the playoffs, however, the play calling and the execution in the last two minutes of the game proved otherwise.

Good teams that believe in themselves do not go into a shell and go conservative the second they get into FG range. By running the ball three straight times showed a lack of confidence in this offense by the coaching staff. The coaching staff basically said I do not trust Trent Edwards and this offense by calling running plays and would rather attempt a long field goal into the wind than try moving the ball closer to a attempt a much higher percentage kick.

The sad part is the OL failed miserably creating a hole in any of the running attempts.
To top it off Lindell has not really had to make clutch kicks in his tenure with the Bills since for the most part they have not been in contention to be in he playoffs. Well Lindell proved he is not a clutch kicker.

I truly feel this team lacks the leadership and confidence to win. The actions of the coaching staff and play in the last two minutes backed it up. How do you think the players feel that they have a coaching staff that shows it has no confidence in them?

Historian
11-18-2008, 05:54 AM
And don't fault Lindell.

Even if he makes that kick, my guess is that in the last 42 seconds Quinn moves his team down for another long FG, and we still lose.

It happened last year against Dallas.

baalworship
11-18-2008, 06:01 AM
Jauron was awful in that final sequence. A ten year old playing Madden knows that an approximately 50 yard field goal is not a chip shot and would have attempted to get the ball to a 40 yarder or less for the win.

don137
11-18-2008, 06:35 AM
And don't fault Lindell.

Even if he makes that kick, my guess is that in the last 42 seconds Quinn moves his team down for another long FG, and we still lose.

It happened last year against Dallas.

Lindell deserves his share of the blame. While it was not a chip shot he gets paid to make those kicks.

Quinn is no Romo so I am not so sure he could of moved it down the field in so little time.

SabreEleven
11-18-2008, 06:38 AM
Clevelands kicker made a longer kick to take the lead just minutes before that.