PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards style of play last four weeks

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 07:15 AM
It can be summed up in one word: Scared

He is playing scared out there, he is so afraid to take a hit its sickening. That concussion has had a hell of a lot more of an effect on him then any of us wanted to see. He is not setting his feet like he used to. He is holding the ball for god knows what reason and then he is rushing other throws. He is staring down WR's, and he is not progressing through his reads properly, skipping over options 2 or 3 and going immediately to the dump off.

I like everyone else wanted to see our RB's get involved more in the passing game, but when nearly 50% of your passes are to your back thats a problem! Cleveland is bad in pass coverage and we made them look like a shut down D. This entire game falls on Edwards, no ifs ands or buts about it.

This is as about as calm as I can be right now about how bad he has played lately. It is absolutely sickening to watch this team, I feel for everybody who actually paid money to see that game last night.

Patti120
11-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Can't say that I disagree with you. TE was definitely the one glaring issue. The D played good. Stroud played like a monster. The oline finally got push and got Lynch over 100 (even if this is against a ****ty Cleveland run D at least we went for over 100).

TE on the other hand looked lost and more importantly he looked flat out Scared. His confidence seems to have disappeared.

billsfanone
11-18-2008, 08:08 AM
I don't think it's afraid to take a hit as much as afraid to make a mistake.

justasportsfan
11-18-2008, 09:00 AM
It can be summed up in one word: Scared

Someone forgot to tell him that you have to throw vertically and not just horizontally.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 09:48 AM

I disagree, he has never before shown an unwillingness to make a mistake, hell he's made plenty its part of playing in the NFL. Its just that he doesnt want to take a hit. He's rushing almost everything from his footwork, to his mechanics, to his progressions. Its gotten really bad and sloppy.

I do agree though that he is for sure pressing and trying too hard.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 09:50 AM
The only high point of last night was that the coaching staff finally got the best player on offense involved from start to finish. If this team is going to go anywhere it's going to be because they get Lynch the ball early and often. I wasn't a fan of checking it down every other play but hey, it worked for Romo and Barber on Sunday night and was working quite well for the Bills.

I honestly can't think of the last time I saw a QB get as much time as Edwards was getting, I won't know for sure until I watch the game again but I bet he had 6 seconds on some plays and he still couldn't do anything with it.

justasportsfan
11-18-2008, 09:51 AM
The only high point of last night was that the coaching staff finally got the best player on offense involved from start to finish. .the qb however forgot to get the ball to the best wr on the field that would've open more lanes for Lynch and Jackson

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 09:52 AM
the qb however forgot to get the ball to the best wr on the field that would've open more lanes for Lynch and Jackson
I've come to expect as much from Edwards. Still, it was very refreshing to see Lynch get the rock 31 (?) times.

Mad Bomber
11-18-2008, 09:53 AM
He's rushing almost everything from his footwork, to his mechanics, to his progressions. Its gotten really bad and sloppy.
He has been staring down his receivers. He seems afraid to make a decision. His accuracy has also been worse the past few weeks.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Statistics are far from the only thing that matters but the fact that he is scoring less than a TD a game just boggles my mind.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 09:54 AM
I've come to expect as much from Edwards. Still, it was very refreshing to see Lynch get the rock 31 (?) times.

Part of that is the problem though imo. You shouldnt be checking down to your back as quickly as he was in the passing game with no pressure on you. His one TD pass to Lynch was all Lynch. At least half of those passes to Lynch he had time to let a WR get open, but Id be willing to bet he had guys open but wouldnt throw them the ball.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Part of that is the problem though imo. You shouldnt be checking down to your back as quickly as he was in the passing game with no pressure on you. His one TD pass to Lynch was all Lynch. At least half of those passes to Lynch he had time to let a WR get open, but Id be willing to bet he had guys open but wouldnt throw them the ball.
No doubt about it, if he had been under pressure and checked it down ten times that would be okay, but he literally had no pressure for the better part of that game last night. I just wonder if the coaching staff has also lost faith in him and has started encouraging him to check it down every play if his first option isn't there.

justasportsfan
11-18-2008, 10:01 AM
I just wonder if the coaching staff has also lost faith in him and has started encouraging him to check it down every play if his first option isn't there.
they did lose confidence in him . That was evident in the last drive. They didn't trust trent to move the ball so they handed it to Lynch and let Lindell win the game. Again, play not to lose.

bigbub2352
11-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Scared to go down feild, Scared in the pocket, Scared to go to the middle of the feild, scared to roll out, scared to throw the bomb
panicked
bewildered
distraught
frightened
Pussy?

RockStar36
11-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Edwards has been downright terrible. He is scared to take a hit. He reaction is like 1 second off which is causing passes that should be complete to be either incomplete or intercepted. This is more than growning pains. The Bills have a serious problem.

justasportsfan
11-18-2008, 10:39 AM
He needs to be benched just like the chargers benched Brees. Brees wasn't even playing this badly when they benched him.

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Edwards is playing like his head coach. Chicken****ty.

Philagape
11-18-2008, 10:46 AM

Agreed. Holding onto the ball for so long in the pocket isn't about not getting hit.
He's got to see where routes will play out, and release it before the receiver gets there. That takes confidence, both in himself and his receivers.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Edwards has been downright terrible. He is scared to take a hit. He reaction is like 1 second off which is causing passes that should be complete to be either incomplete or intercepted. This is more than growning pains. The Bills have a serious problem.

Dead on :bf1:

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Agreed. Holding onto the ball for so long in the pocket isn't about not getting hit.
He's got to see where routes will play out, and release it before the receiver gets there. That takes confidence, both in himself and his receivers.
If that were his only issue Id agree with that, but his reaction time is brutal, he is too quick to progress to his dumpoffs, and he loses all mechanics when he is under any kind of pressure at all.

I think its a combo of both but I think his fear of getting hit is more than his fear of making a mistake.