PDA

View Full Version : Did Jauron really get an extension?

Stewie
11-18-2008, 08:39 AM
PFT makes a good point this morning. There was never any confirmation from the team, league, or anyone else about Jauron's extension. There was only the original news reports.

Did it really happen?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO JAURON’S EXTENSION? (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/18/whatever-happened-to-jaurons-extension/)

Posted by Mike Florio on November 18, 2008, 9:29 a.m.
Several weeks ago, reports surfaced that Bills coach Dick Jauron had received a three-year contract (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3665128), extending his stay through 2011.
And now, with the Bills at 5-5 after blowing a late lead to the Browns on Monday night, the calls are coming for Jauron’s head.
So that raises a fairly obvious question: Whatever happened to Jauron’s extension? It never was announced by the team, and there never was any confirmation of the report.
If the contract currently is sitting unsigned on Jauron’s desk, we suggest that Jauron sign the thing right now.

Novacane
11-18-2008, 09:03 AM
We can only hope it was never signed.

djjimkelly
11-18-2008, 09:22 AM
ill become religious for the next few weeks and start praying!!!!!!!!!

billsfanone
11-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Hopefully it was conditional or something.

hydro
11-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Please! Please tell us you didn't get him to sign an extension with us Russ!

RockStar36
11-18-2008, 10:30 AM
I will pray for the rest of the season that the extension was never signed. Although as long as the ownership stays the same they will just replace him with another cheap body.

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2008, 11:10 AM
The only thing the Bills could do to win me over is fire Dork and hire Bill Cowher.

billsfanone
11-18-2008, 11:13 AM
The only thing the Bills could do to win me over is fire Dork and hire Bill Cowher.

Same here.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
11-18-2008, 11:15 AM

Holy crap, I just realized that a move like that MIGHT just do it for me, too.

Just axing DJ is not enough for me. I want a LEGIT, take no crap coach.

Cowher or Ditka please, thank you.

RockStar36
11-18-2008, 11:16 AM
It will never happen with Ralph in charge BUT if the Bills were to hire Bill Cowher I will be ordering my season tickets the next day.

tat2dmike77
11-18-2008, 11:20 AM

You have a better chance of seeing a leprechaun ride a unicorn giving out million dollar bills to everyone then that happening

Nighthawk
11-18-2008, 12:37 PM
My hope has been that since there was no announcement, then maybe the contract may have a clause stating that he needs to get to the playoffs to have it kick in. This is my hope!

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2008, 01:05 PM
You have a better chance of seeing a leprechaun ride a unicorn giving out million dollar bills to everyone then that happening

Or growing an arm out of my ass.

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2008, 01:07 PM
I hope there's a clause that he only gets the extention if he morphs into someone with a set of balls overnight.

Mr. Pink
11-18-2008, 01:10 PM

You know damn well Ralphy won't go out and hire a guy he'll have to pay around 6 million a year to be the head coach.

If Dicky gets fired, which he should, we'll end up getting some recycled NFL coach...for example Haslett or an assistant that none of us probably have heard of.

X-Era
11-18-2008, 05:28 PM
It will never happen with Ralph in charge BUT if the Bills were to hire Bill Cowher I will be ordering my season tickets the next day.

I dont think the Bills are too concerned with whether Bills addicts like us will buy tickets or not.

As I said before they have done a masterful job of selling tickets even though they put perpetual mediocrity on the field.

Its almost like they want to spend the least amount possible, but get the most amount of profit... Hmmmmmm. Isnt Russ Brandon a business guy rather than a football guy? Hmmmmmm

RockStar36
11-18-2008, 07:42 PM
You know damn well Ralphy won't go out and hire a guy he'll have to pay around 6 million a year to be the head coach.

If Dicky gets fired, which he should, we'll end up getting some recycled NFL coach...for example Haslett or an assistant that none of us probably have heard of.

You must be in hell rooting for both Cleveland and Buffalo. I feel like my brain is going to explode simply watching the Bills. I can't imagine watching it twice as much.

RockStar36
11-18-2008, 07:43 PM
I dont think the Bills are too concerned with whether Bills addicts like us will buy tickets or not.

As I said before they have done a masterful job of selling tickets even though they put perpetual mediocrity on the field.

Its almost like they want to spend the least amount possible, but get the most amount of profit... Hmmmmmm. Isnt Russ Brandon a business guy rather than a football guy? Hmmmmmm

They should be.

I can't speak for you but I'm one of the people who buys tickets each season so if I stop, I'm assuming others will also stop, and they will start losing more and more money.

There comes a time when enough is enough.