Season is not over until we have 7 losses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Season is not over until we have 7 losses.

As sad, and as pitiful as it sounds, I have sobered up since last night, and although my heart is broken (AGAIN!)... I refuse to say the season is over until we are sitting with 7 losses.

Don't tell me the wildcard race is too tight, too many teams, and we are 0-3 in the division!

I won't listen to it, not until we have 7 losses is the season lost!

10-6 will be enough to get a wildcard, and if we win all of our division and conference games left we should get in!

I'm negative, I'm a realist, but I also refuse to give up. The 5-1 start is the only thing keeping our season alive!

But heres somethin to kinda look at....

Last season we had a heartbreaker on MNF. We went 4-0 the next 4 weeks.

Our next 4 games are:

@ Chiefs: Not a very good team, but play tough at home. If we want to keep this season alive, we need to win this one. I think Stroud can give thigpen fits, He did OUTSTANDING against Quinn last night. Go ahead and try to argue that with me, but he was hitting Quinn all night, and was almost always in the backfield. Our run D was great last night, besides the 1 run, in which Donte was injured (hes a great run support saftey.) I think we should win this game. Im not going to make a prediction, but Bills SHOULD be 6-5.

49ers: Not a bad team playing under Mike "the stripper" singletary. But this is at home, this is for the season, this game is sold out. The Bills need to win this one! I'm thinking Josh Reed is back in this one, which would REALLY help Trent, as he seems lost without his ball buddy. Bills COULD be 7-5. But if they lose, its not the end of the world, this is an NFC team. But if we lose wed have to win out. 7-5.

Dolphins (Toronto): Rematch, against a good team. 1-15, to possible playoff birth? I don't think so. It was evident in the Oakland game, this team has yet to face adversity. They are too young, and don't know how to win yet. (sound familiar?) I think as the season rolls on, they will start losing and collapse under the weight of this huge turnaround. We will have to unleash lynch. Actually give him 20+ carries like we did against the Browns. But could be 8-5. This game has just become a must win... 8-5

@ Jets: This game is huge, Jets are in first, and that probably won't be changed. If there was one game we could lose in the division, it may be this one, assuming they beat the dolphins again, and are the uncontested first place team when all is said and done. But I think the Bills find themselves having to sweep the division to get in the playoffs.... Alot of Lynch again. We need to go back to power running. one cut and finish Lynch... One cut an finish... 9-5

Lookie there, 9-5, two games left. Is it going to happen? prob not. but I won't quit on this team until we have 7 losses.

You can do what you want.
    I am The Batman.
  • Dujek
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2008

Re: Season is not over until we have 7 losses.

You look at all those games, and you would think that the team from the first quarter of the season would win them all. Unfortunately the Bills aren't the team from the first quarter of the season though, and while I expect them to go 3-1, at the very worst, in this stretch in my heart I've already accepted they're going 0-4.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
      Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
      • Dec 2005

7-9 here we come again

Comment

• Dujek
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2008

It's certainly got that feel about it.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Don't be shocked if Thigpen and company hand it to the Bills this week.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

You’re absolutely wrong.

At least two, if not all three of the other AFCE East teams are getting to 10 wins this year. Between Indy and Baltimore, at least one of them will as well.

We’re going to lose every tiebreaker for a wildcard unless it came to the jags or chargers getting to 10 wins and nobody else (aint happening)

So the season ends with ONE more loss (6)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• tat2dmike77
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
              At this point nothing is shocking anymore. New year same ol bills.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

I have 0 faith in this team at this point... the wheels have come off.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                  I have 0 faith in this team at this point... the wheels have come off.
                  The bus has crashed and been set ablaze and the medic has gotten out and looked at the wreckage and said "OH MY GOD" new guy is the corner puking his guts out. All because Ralph Wilson continues to hire cheap coaches it doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    I said that last night.

Season's over folks.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                      I said that last night.

Season's over folks.
                      The fat lady hasn't sung yet, but she's getting warmed up.

A loss in KC, and the season is done, IMO. A win, and there's a sliver of hope, but they still have to beat SF, Miami, NYJ and NE to get them to 10-6 and 3-3 in the division. I don't even know if that is enough.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        I said that last night.

Season's over folks.
                        See post above yours

Comment

• Luisito23
                          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                          • Apr 2003

I can't wait 'till we are officially eliminated so these stupid threads can finally stop!
                          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                            • May 2004

The sad truth is that with the personnel the Bills have at this point, there is absolutely no way they will make the playoffs.

All we can hope for is that they play with some fire, and make it interesting, and maybe in that final week we can play spoiler and beat the Pats.

I don't know what this team needs right now. I honestly don't know if it is players, coaches, or both. To me, the coaching/playcalling on both sides of the ball seems flat out bad.

Bills fans better start watching some other teams play so that they can root for a couple of other teams in the playoffs.
                            "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                            --Leo Durocher

Comment

• RockStar36
                              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                              • Sep 2004

Yes, it's over.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X