PDA

View Full Version : Steve Johnson and I sort of "told you so"

BillsWin
11-18-2008, 10:17 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=164019

Now, he hasn't been the "spark" I thought he'd be. But so far he has matured rapidly for a 7th rounder. One dropped pass last night, sure hes going to get flamed for it, we are Bills fans, we do that. "IF HE WOULD HAVE CAUGHT THAT!" Ha, makes me laugh.

He may not have provided a spark to victory, but in the future, I believe we have found our next threat in this offense.

He must be showing something on the practice field becuase he got a good amount of playtime last night, and got 4 catches for 41 yards. not too shabby for a 7th round rookie.

Maybe he will turn out to be a good WR for us for years to come, I don't know. All I know is, he is running good routes, getting open and has had the ball thrown to him 7 times on the season, and has 6 catches out of those 7 times for 72 yards.

not only that, but did anyone else see him wide open on the outside several times last night, and Trent just check it down?

I know there was one time where Johnson studder stepped an out and was sitting there wide open with the saftey out in the center of the field picking daisys and if Trent had made the throw, Johnson strolls into the endzone.

ddaryl
11-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Steve looks like a Keeper, one dropped pass is forgiveable for a 7th rd rookie. Add in the fact that Trent has lost his ability to look downfield and find an open WR quickly... Steve could have probably caught 2x's as many balls last night.

madness
11-18-2008, 11:48 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=164019

Now, he hasn't been the "spark" I thought he'd be. But so far he has matured rapidly for a 7th rounder. One dropped pass last night, sure hes going to get flamed for it, we are Bills fans, we do that. "IF HE WOULD HAVE CAUGHT THAT!" Ha, makes me laugh.

He may not have provided a spark to victory, but in the future, I believe we have found our next threat in this offense.

He must be showing something on the practice field becuase he got a good amount of playtime last night, and got 4 catches for 41 yards. not too shabby for a 7th round rookie.

Maybe he will turn out to be a good WR for us for years to come, I don't know. All I know is, he is running good routes, getting open and has had the ball thrown to him 7 times on the season, and has 6 catches out of those 7 times for 72 yards.

not only that, but did anyone else see him wide open on the outside several times last night, and Trent just check it down?

I know there was one time where Johnson studder stepped an out and was sitting there wide open with the saftey out in the center of the field picking daisys and if Trent had made the throw, Johnson strolls into the endzone.

:hi5:

SJ backed up everything we've said about him. Hopefully the staff does the right thing and keep him in the lineup.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 11:52 AM
He looked good but dont expect him to ever be a starter in this league or put up big numbers.

By the way you owe me some ZB's.

raphael120
11-18-2008, 12:28 PM
It's pathetic a 7th rounder is outplaying our 2nd rounder.
Way to go, scouts!

BillsWin
11-18-2008, 01:24 PM
He looked good but dont expect him to ever be a starter in this league or put up big numbers.

By the way you owe me some ZB's.

double or nothing, Bills beat the Chiefs by 14+

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 05:36 PM
double or nothing, Bills beat the Chiefs by 14+

Negative pay up

BILLSROCK1212
11-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Way to go, scouts!
actually Hardy is getting open Trent just isn't getting him the ball....same for basically everyone but Marshawn and Robert Royal sadly

PECKERWOOD
11-18-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm with ya man, I like the guy.

BillsWin
11-18-2008, 07:47 PM
actually Hardy is getting open Trent just isn't getting him the ball....same for basically everyone but Marshawn and Robert Royal sadly

Robert Royal caught that pass to get us into field goal range to win the game.

too bad it didnt happen that way...

Lefty2985
11-18-2008, 08:46 PM
i watched the game today because i was at the game and they said it was s. johnsons first nfl catch. i laughed!

BillsWin
11-18-2008, 09:59 PM
i watched the game today because i was at the game and they said it was s. johnsons first nfl catch. i laughed!

mike tirico said it several times! lol I was gettin pissed,

I am a broadcaster and its one of the first rules of play by play, dont quote stats unless you know they are right.

PECKERWOOD
11-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Way to go, scouts!

I disagree, atleast Hardy has caught some TD passes.

BillsWin
11-18-2008, 10:25 PM
I disagree, atleast Hardy has caught some TD passes.

Johnson was wide open several times, Trent didnt get him the ball. He could have strolled into the endzone.

jamze132
11-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Trent was way too gun shy, hence the reason Lee had no balls thrown in his direction downfield and Lynch caught 10, most of them behind the LOS.

I like our recievers, something was wrong with Trent the other night. They kept showing replay after replay that showed Trent just standing there as guys were wide open. He wasn't hitting his guys when they made their break.

BillsWin
11-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Trent was way too gun shy, hence the reason Lee had no balls thrown in his direction downfield and Lynch caught 10, most of them behind the LOS.

I like our recievers, something was wrong with Trent the other night. They kept showing replay after replay that showed Trent just standing there as guys were wide open. He wasn't hitting his guys when they made their break.

I really dont know what his prob is.

homeslice5484
11-19-2008, 09:00 PM
stevie could have had at least 1 TD on a deep route, he was jumping up and down for the ball down field...edwards looked at him, then checked it down.

Oaf
11-19-2008, 09:07 PM
I really dont know what his prob is.
When you throw 3 picks in 6 passes, you start to count your shots a bit.

If Edwards is all "poise" like we benched JP for, he'll bounce back and start throwing the ball this week against KC. I predict a great game for the team (not that it'll mean too much).

BTW, what was the bet for originally?

BillsWin
11-19-2008, 11:24 PM
When you throw 3 picks in 6 passes, you start to count your shots a bit.

If Edwards is all "poise" like we benched JP for, he'll bounce back and start throwing the ball this week against KC. I predict a great game for the team (not that it'll mean too much).

BTW, what was the bet for originally?

1000 ZB said Bills win by 7. we lost, so I had to pay up to Draft Boy. damnit.