PDA

View Full Version : Another nail in my football coffin...

Ebenezer
11-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Last night is just another nail in my football coffin. I am getting to the point where I am just not getting up for the games any longer. Throw on all those clothes to be treated like meat getting into a stadium...rude fans who really ruin the experience...and then the long trail of heartbreaking losses and failure to turn the corner and get better.

This hurts to say...after 38 years of watching this teams I'm starting to get numb.

:sadwalk:

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 10:47 AM
There are 31 other teams to choose from.

Luisito23
11-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Who can blame you? Stadium needs to be as empty as Miami, and stop putting money in Ralph's pocket, maybe then he'll actually care about the success of this team.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Who can blame you? Stadium needs to be as empty as Miami, and stop putting money in Ralph's pocket, maybe then he'll actually care about the success of this team.
Wow, even the homers are starting to give up on the team, this is bad for Ralphy.

OpIv37
11-18-2008, 10:51 AM
seriously, this team has sapped all the fun out of watching football. I used to actually get excited before the games but now I just can't stir up that kind of emotion anymore. I still watch all the games because there's a small part of me clinging to the desperate hope that the Bills can pull it off, bu it's just not as enjoyable as it once was.

Thurmal
11-18-2008, 10:55 AM
You what the worst part is? You can't even enjoy the good plays (McKelvin's return, a few of Lynch's runs, etc.) because it's always in the back of your mind that they'll find a way to blow it eventually.

Ebenezer
11-18-2008, 10:56 AM
seriously, this team has sapped all the fun out of watching football. I used to actually get excited before the games but now I just can't stir up that kind of emotion anymore. I still watch all the games because there's a small part of me clinging to the desperate hope that the Bills can pull it off, bu it's just not as enjoyable as it once was.
and read my other thread on being treated like meat...having to go through that before even getting into the game? For the first time last night I truly thought of not going to the games any more...as it is I don't know if I will ever go back to a night game.

RockStar36
11-18-2008, 10:57 AM
I can honestly say if DJ is still the coach next year I might miss my first opener in quite some time.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 10:59 AM
I get more excited to watch the Falcons play on Sundays then I do the Bills. I still love the Bills, but its hard to get up for a team with no direction right now.

justasportsfan
11-18-2008, 11:00 AM
I was more confident last night than I ever was all season long.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 11:01 AM
I get more excited to watch the Falcons play on Sundays then I do the Bills. I still love the Bills, but its hard to get up for a team with no direction right now.
The Falcons are a great team with a ton of talent in the right positions to make that a competitor for quite some time. There's still plenty of room on that bandwagon. I can't deny it, I still love the Bills but they have been pushed to the back burner, I just can't take them seriously because they don't even take themselves seriously.

justasportsfan
11-18-2008, 11:02 AM
It's a knee jerk reaction. No matter how painful it is being a bills fan, we always come back for more. No way around that.

Typ0
11-18-2008, 11:03 AM
and read my other thread on being treated like meat...having to go through that before even getting into the game? For the first time last night I truly thought of not going to the games any more...as it is I don't know if I will ever go back to a night game.

link please?

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 11:03 AM
It's a knee jerk reaction. No matter how painful it is being a bills fan, we always come back for more. No way around that.

No doubt but it doesnt make it any easier.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 11:04 AM
The Falcons are a great team with a ton of talent in the right positions to make that a competitor for quite some time. There's still plenty of room on that bandwagon. I can't deny it, I still love the Bills but they have been pushed to the back burner, I just can't take them seriously because they don't even take themselves seriously.

Agreed and its starts in the FO, Dimitroff will be a top 5 GM in a year or two.

DraftBoy
link please?
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=165424

gr8slayer
I've grown tired of coming back for more.

justasportsfan
11-18-2008, 11:05 AM
No doubt but it doesnt make it any easier.
being a bills fan is never easy.

justasportsfan
11-18-2008, 11:06 AM
I've grown tired of coming back for more.
well you do have a 2nd team. We don't. So it's much easier on you when your other team wins.

gr8slayer
Agreed and its starts in the FO, Dimitroff will be a top 5 GM in a year or two.
And he's young and if he keeps it up could be with the franchise for decades. But watch out around here giving other teams credit for getting it right, you might get attacked like I do every time I give Jones credit :up:

tat2dmike77
I can honestly say if DJ is still the coach next year I might miss my first opener in quite some time.

If he is the coach next year i will sink all my money into going to Baton Rouge and watching a LSU game. Atleast i will be able to see a team that knows how to play and hang out with a friend from the army.

Jimbuktu
11-18-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm going to start wearing one of those S&M ball gags on Sundays. I think it's fitting.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 11:08 AM
If he is the coach next year i will sink all my money into going to Baton Rouge and watching a LSU game. Atleast i will be able to see a team that knows how to play and hang out with a friend from the army.
I've already decided that I will not be traveling to watch the Bills next year, instead I'm going to just get season tickets for the Cowboys next season. I never have trouble putting money into the Cowboys organization because I know it will go right back into the team instead of in some old farts pocket.

RockStar36
11-18-2008, 11:10 AM
There isn't a waiting list in Dallas?

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 11:11 AM
There isn't a waiting list in Dallas?
There is but I got in on it just in time.

Typ0
11-18-2008, 11:12 AM
this is exactly what RW wants. He brings in mediocrity and the fans are still rabid and dedicated. They are figuring it out and saying they are not going to stand for crap. Sales go down and he can feel good about not selling the team in the local market and die believing he martyed himself and he's a hero but the fans let the team down. And we lose, as usual, as the team moves to another marketplace.

Historian
11-18-2008, 11:12 AM

Not this time.

I'm with Eb. I'm through.

At least until there is a change of ownership.

I've been putting up with this for 41 years, and there is no indication that it will change anytime soon.

I have better things to do with my autumns.

tat2dmike77
11-18-2008, 11:14 AM
I've already decided that I will not be traveling to watch the Bills next year, instead I'm going to just get season tickets for the Cowboys next season. I never have trouble putting money into the Cowboys organization because I know it will go right back into the team instead of in some old farts pocket.

I would rather buy a plane ticket fly to BR and see one LSU game then goto a couple of Bills games at this point. Mr Pennypintcher seems to care more about his family getting as much money as they can then putting a winner on the field. I wish someone would punch that old ****er right in his mouth.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Not this time.

I've been putting up with this for 41 years, and there is no indication that it will change anytime soon.

I don't believe you, you are one of the biggest Bills fans I've ever met.

tat2dmike77
11-18-2008, 11:15 AM
this is exactly what RW wants. He brings in mediocrity and the fans are still rabid and dedicated. They are figuring it out and saying they are not going to stand for crap. Sales go down and he can feel good about not selling the team in the local market and die believing he martyed himself and he's a hero but the fans let the team down. And we lose, as usual, as the team moves to another marketplace.

If he is a hero then it feels good to wear mace as a perfume

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 11:15 AM
I would rather buy a plane ticket fly to BR and see one LSU game then goto a couple of Bills games at this point. Mr Pennypintcher seems to care more about his family getting as much money as they can then putting a winner on the field. I wish someone would punch that old ****er right in his mouth.
I was thinking about going to a game in BR next season, keep in touch and let me know which one you choose to go to, maybe we can meet up.

justasportsfan
11-18-2008, 11:17 AM
this is exactly what RW wants. He brings in mediocrity and the fans are still rabid and dedicated. .
Comes with the territory because there's nothing else to do both in Buffalo just like greenbay who's fans are just as rabied and passionate. There's the sabres but nothing else.

justasportsfan
11-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Not this time.

you'll be back. see you and the wife at the games :up:

Typ0
11-18-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm with the "diehard" fans in this thread....except I gave up my seasons six years ago because of this crap and the state of the officiating in the NFL. It's bad enough not having a team committed to winning...but I'm not going to pay for a game when the ref's are out there determining the outcome of playoff games.

Historian
11-18-2008, 11:24 AM
I don't believe you, you are one of the biggest Bills fans I've ever met.

I used to be Gr8....that was then.

At least those dry spells in the 70s were sprinkled with a playoff appearance here and there. This is a ten year dry spell. There's no excuse for this, especially in the day and age of FA.

He simply will not pay for a proven winner at HC.

I don't care who you get in here. If they're not being coached properly, they will not succeed. The results show on the field.

I've been losing interest for about three years now. (Just ask the regular tailgaters)

Last night was the last straw for me.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 11:25 AM

At least those dry spells in the 70s were sprinkled with a playoff appearance here and there. This is a ten year dry spell. There's no excuse for this, especially in the day and age of FA.

I don't care who you get in here. If they're not being coached properly, they will not succeed. The results show on the field.

I've been losing interest for about three years now. (Just ask the regular tailgaters)

Wow, that's pretty damn crazy.

Typ0
11-18-2008, 11:25 AM

too think that Mularkey had to quit!

OpIv37
11-18-2008, 11:30 AM

I know how you feel... there are places in DC where the traffic, Nazi speed and red light cameras, parking situations, security and crowds just make them such a hassle that the experience is no longer enjoyable.

I love going to the day games but I hate night games, whether I go or just watch them on TV. And the team is ruining all the games with this crappy product they keep putting on the field.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 11:40 AM
And he's young and if he keeps it up could be with the franchise for decades. But watch out around here giving other teams credit for getting it right, you might get attacked like I do every time I give Jones credit :up:

Have no fear I get challenged enough Janurary through May.