• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Another nail in my football coffin...

Last night is just another nail in my football coffin. I am getting to the point where I am just not getting up for the games any longer. Throw on all those clothes to be treated like meat getting into a stadium...rude fans who really ruin the experience...and then the long trail of heartbreaking losses and failure to turn the corner and get better.

This hurts to say...after 38 years of watching this teams I'm starting to get numb.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Another nail in my football coffin...

There are 31 other teams to choose from.

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

Who can blame you? Stadium needs to be as empty as Miami, and stop putting money in Ralph's pocket, maybe then he'll actually care about the success of this team.
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Luisito23
        Who can blame you? Stadium needs to be as empty as Miami, and stop putting money in Ralph's pocket, maybe then he'll actually care about the success of this team.
        Wow, even the homers are starting to give up on the team, this is bad for Ralphy.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

seriously, this team has sapped all the fun out of watching football. I used to actually get excited before the games but now I just can't stir up that kind of emotion anymore. I still watch all the games because there's a small part of me clinging to the desperate hope that the Bills can pull it off, bu it's just not as enjoyable as it once was.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Thurmal
            • Oct 2005

You what the worst part is? You can't even enjoy the good plays (McKelvin's return, a few of Lynch's runs, etc.) because it's always in the back of your mind that they'll find a way to blow it eventually.
            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              seriously, this team has sapped all the fun out of watching football. I used to actually get excited before the games but now I just can't stir up that kind of emotion anymore. I still watch all the games because there's a small part of me clinging to the desperate hope that the Bills can pull it off, bu it's just not as enjoyable as it once was.
              and read my other thread on being treated like meat...having to go through that before even getting into the game? For the first time last night I truly thought of not going to the games any more...as it is I don't know if I will ever go back to a night game.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

I can honestly say if DJ is still the coach next year I might miss my first opener in quite some time.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

I get more excited to watch the Falcons play on Sundays then I do the Bills. I still love the Bills, but its hard to get up for a team with no direction right now.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I was more confident last night than I ever was all season long.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      I get more excited to watch the Falcons play on Sundays then I do the Bills. I still love the Bills, but its hard to get up for a team with no direction right now.
                      The Falcons are a great team with a ton of talent in the right positions to make that a competitor for quite some time. There's still plenty of room on that bandwagon. I can't deny it, I still love the Bills but they have been pushed to the back burner, I just can't take them seriously because they don't even take themselves seriously.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

It's a knee jerk reaction. No matter how painful it is being a bills fan, we always come back for more. No way around that.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          and read my other thread on being treated like meat...having to go through that before even getting into the game? For the first time last night I truly thought of not going to the games any more...as it is I don't know if I will ever go back to a night game.
                          link please?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            It's a knee jerk reaction. No matter how painful it is being a bills fan, we always come back for more. No way around that.
                            No doubt but it doesnt make it any easier.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                              The Falcons are a great team with a ton of talent in the right positions to make that a competitor for quite some time. There's still plenty of room on that bandwagon. I can't deny it, I still love the Bills but they have been pushed to the back burner, I just can't take them seriously because they don't even take themselves seriously.

Agreed and its starts in the FO, Dimitroff will be a top 5 GM in a year or two.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X