PDA

View Full Version : Charley Foxtrot beyond believe - Fans treated like meat. INEXCUSABLE!!

Ebenezer
11-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Last night Clump and I walked to our gate just like we have for the last who know how many years. People gather and line up, quite orderly, in six or seven inspection lines and are whisked through at a pretty good pace. Well, we get up there yesterday and there seems to be some confusion. The lines aren't progressing forward as normal. There is a four foot tall steel barrier in the way and all the lines are being pushed to the left to go around the barrier to funnel everybody into two lines. Nobody know about this ahead of time. You can only guess what happened as game time approached. People started pushing and getting mad. People, including me, were getting squeezed and things were getting tight. Then it happened. People started to lift and push down the steel fence. At one point I was in the second row behind it. The push from behind lifted me off my feet - I am 215 pounds - and I was not on firm ground in the dark. People were pushing in multiple directions. I was literally pushed to the end of the steel fence. I snuck around the corner of the fence and slid between two people as people started to push the fence over. Somebody said that the fence had been anchored to the ground with spikes and the spikes were exposed. I got up to the inspection and I only saw three inspectors instead of the usual 6 or 7. I got in but lost Clump. After I got in I waited to see if he was going to make it through...the it happened. They closed all the gates! Supposedly there was a fight behind the gates and they didn't want the guys getting into the stadium. There is a general exit next to the gate. Whether they opened it to let people in or whether people pushed it in I don't know but it opened and there was a jailbreak. I bet 200 or more people got in. Security pushed it shut and they just closed down the gate with hundreds of people stuck outside - including Clump. His story of how he got in I can't tell because I was not there.

Bottom line, increased security? NO! This was nothing more than increased time delay. An embarassment. I am sure people got hurt. They surely didn't get into the game on time. The system worked fine for years. Somebody truly dropped the ball on this one. Not the sign of a first class organization. Somebody should be reprimanded, at the least, and fired, at the worst, for this decision. Had this been discussed on national TV I would have felt terrible to be a fan. It was disgusting to be treated this way. I would love to have five minutes with Russ Brandon or somebody who controls this. They were way, way off base.

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2008, 10:57 AM
I would've demanded my money back, twice. Once for the story you just told, and once for what you had to watch, live.

justasportsfan
11-18-2008, 10:57 AM
I guess it's because everyone decides to enter the building at the same time right before the whistle blows. It wasn't like that last year.

Ebenezer
11-18-2008, 04:09 PM
I guess it's because everyone decides to enter the building at the same time right before the whistle blows. It wasn't like that last year.
It had nothing to do with that. They set up a different system at this gate than there normally is. We moved toward the gate at the same time we always do and the line was just as long as normal.

Michael82
11-18-2008, 04:42 PM
I heard that they have changed the way the gates work now since the mess during the Chargers game with no power. For some reason, the morons at One Bills Drive decided that even though the old system was working, they needed to tweak it and get rid of some of the people that pat us down at the entrance. They went from 6-8 at each entrance to half that, which is asinine. :ill:

Typ0
11-18-2008, 04:45 PM
the groundlings are getting restless. Beginning of the end folks. Things could really get ugly too.

clumping platelets
11-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Eb and I got to Gate 1 at about 7:50pm. I finally made it to my seat with 10 mins left in the 1st Qtr after first trying Gate 2 and then finally going to Gate 3. I do not know what time it was but I told Frank, "let's go to another gate". It was so packed and people coming up the stairs behind us kept pushing that I then told him to "go with the flow" and the was to the left. I got pushed up against that metal fence. It was at this time that a single security guard came out and was trying to remove the 4 section metal fence/partition that to the best of my recollection has never been in place before. Mind you, each section of this fence was about 8 ft and linked to each other. It was also supported at the bottom by metal spikes in the ground. I was trying to help him, along with 2 or 3 others, to remove the fence. At some point, the security guard just abandoned that when people kept pushing towards the gate and he disappeared. They finally closed the gate and few people noticed it. I started yelling at people to go to other gates as I left to go to Gate 2 which was about 100 ft away. Unfortunately, everyone from Gate 1 went to gate 2 and tried to cut in front of everyone already at that Gate and again the same problem started happening. I then got over to gate 3. Once I got into Gate 3, I told a police officer what was going on and he just looked at me with a "donut eating" smile. I wanted to end his existence. It was like the situation just amused him. I wish I had his name :loser:

After action: Traffic through Gate 1 was non-existent. I suspect only about 15-20 people per minute were getting through. When you have about 1000 people and growing, that's a major problem. Eb said only 2 or 3 screeners were there. Normally on game day (Sunday 1pm), they have 5-7. The metal partition was in place to have women go to the left of it and men to the right. Normally, there are 2 lines for women and 4 or 5 for men and it is a straight line into the gate. Once I got to Gates 2 & 3, it was normal set up. There clearly was a problem that incompetence of the security staff couldn't handle. No communication. Couldn't they just get on a radio and get more help? Couldn't they use a bullhorn to direct traffic and get people to stop pushing? How about using a bullhorn to tell people in the back to go to another Gate? How about just leaving traffic on a normal pattern like Sunday 1pm games? How many more questions can be asked? endless

I'm working on a letter to the Bills organization but we all know that it will go nowhere.....but there are other means of getting attention.

My final analysis, the director of security should be fired. Kiss Ass in charge Russ Brandon should be required to explain the incompetence of this security plan. BTW: I've had riot and crowd control training so I fully understand what the problem was and that was a violation of a basic tenet........communication. There was NONE

Nothing on the news that I've seen :shakeno:

camelcowboy
11-18-2008, 07:07 PM
I was at gate one getting crushed with you guys. Calling security names was fun but my buddy almost was crushed and the girl next to me cutting up her ankle was horrible. I wrote a letter of complain to the bills. It was a scarey situation.

hydro
11-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Glad Gate 9 was at least somewhat civil although the explitives in reference to the Browns were flying heavily.

Michael82
11-19-2008, 12:51 AM
I've always gone into Gate 1 every home game. And I've never recalled any problems before. Now for some reason, Gate 1 is very understaffed and that is definitely NOT helping, it's been a problem since the Chargers game when the power went out. People almost caused a riot that day when all the gates were closed and then the security decided to just start ripping people's tickets and they also brought 2 more security people over to help with the pat downs. The next game against the Jets, it wasn't as ugly... but you could tell that they were making changes. I saw the huge line at that gate on Monday night and chose to go to Gate 2 for a change and had no problems. Everything went smoothly there. Glad I made that decision. :phew:

trapezeus
11-19-2008, 08:42 AM
Classic example of a corporation taking advantage of 9/11. They don't care about providing security, they just want to make sure you don't sneak a beer in and skip out on buying their $8 beer.

It does seem that this year the lines are longer and harder to get through.

dasaybz
11-19-2008, 08:55 AM
holy cow, cry me a freaking river

EricStratton
11-19-2008, 09:02 AM
How many of the changes were because the crowd was getting lubed up in the lots all afternoon and the Bills were trying to keep the drunks to a minimum since this was a Monday Night Game.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-19-2008, 09:35 AM
I entered gate five and it took us over 45 minutes to get in. By the time the game started the fans started yelling at the guards. In the end they started letting everyone in without inspection, probably in fear of someone getting hurt.

Typ0
11-19-2008, 09:38 AM
it's funny but the bills have made a statement that the people coming to these gates increased significantly and they had the same amount of staff on and that was the problem. They said people should be coming to the stadium when the gates open 1.5 hours before the game if they want to be assured of getting in before kickoff.

clumping platelets
11-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Bills are full of :poop:

They only had 2 or 3 screeners at gate 1 not the normal 5-7

Typ0
11-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Classic example of a corporation taking advantage of 9/11. They don't care about providing security, they just want to make sure you don't sneak a beer in and skip out on buying their $8 beer.

It does seem that this year the lines are longer and harder to get through.

I can't believe EB got in without a strip search. We all know he's a chemical freak and looks like a terrorist.

clumping platelets
11-19-2008, 10:21 AM
He probably demanded a cavity search as well :ill:

SABURZFAN
11-19-2008, 10:22 AM
I can't believe EB got in without a strip search. We all know he's a chemical freak and looks like a terrorist.

i think clump got strip searched and he isn't telling us.

Ebenezer
11-19-2008, 10:29 AM
He probably demanded a cavity search as well :ill:
Yup...and the female inspector was more than happy when I was done "inspecting" hers.

clumping platelets
11-19-2008, 10:30 AM
i think clump got strip searched and he isn't telling us.

:nana:

SABURZFAN
11-19-2008, 10:34 AM
:nana:

so.... did he have big fingers?

Michael82
11-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Bills are full of :poop:

They only had 2 or 3 screeners at gate 1 not the normal 5-7
That's the biggest problem and they only had 3-4 screeners in the Chargers game too. :ill:

HAMMER
11-19-2008, 08:38 PM
I was in the midst of that mayhem as well. Got to Gate 1 right when they shut it down, went to Gate 2 and the chaos ensued. I was getting jammed up pretty good against the barrier. A girl next to me started freaking out and throwing haymakers, screaming like a banshee, she looked like she lost her mind. I pushed my way along the barrier and popped out right in front of the guard, then was shot through the gate like a sperm by about 20 people behind me that were bum rushing. I must admit I was a bit concerned at one point for everyones safety. Made it in after the second interception.

I wanted to jump off the top of the stadium after the missed kick but I was about 30 feet from Lindell when he came off the field so it would have been a long walk up the stairs. Overall I had a blast Monday, but felt like someone kicked me in the nuts, AGAIN. This year I have been to two games in Buffalo, one in Phoenix, they were all fun but god damn this is old.

tat2dmike77
11-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Glad i didn't go

Mitchy moo
11-22-2008, 03:59 PM
i think clump got strip searched and he isn't telling us.:D:

clumping platelets
11-22-2008, 10:11 PM
I was waiting for skooby