PDA

View Full Version : Why do we always have to suffer?

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2008, 10:54 AM
How many times have the Bills tricked us into thinking they were a playoff team? How many times have Bills' QBs pulled the wool over our eyes, only to punch us straight in the stomach midway through the season?

How many times do we have to put up with crappy head coaching?
How many times do we have to put up with dumb play calling?
How many times do we have to watch our D crumble in the final minutes of a game?

How many times do we have to watch our kicker miss a god damn game winning FG?

How many times do we have to lose on a kicker's career long FG?

How many times do we have to suffer through this, before we all wake up and just stop watching? Seriously. Is it even worth our time (and money for those that go to games) any more? When I can't think of anything but the stupid way the team lost all week at work, is that right? Why should I let a bunch of over-paid cowards ruin my day?

I'm serious. This is beyond painful. This might be the final straw.

billsfanone
11-18-2008, 10:57 AM
I think they are headed in the right direction, but way too slowly. This offseason is going to make or break my fandom. They need to put all the pieces together in a big way and make a serious attempt to make a serious run. No more of this rebuilding/grooming bs.

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2008, 10:58 AM
It's the same god damn story every year. The team is young, blah blah blah. The QB is learning, blah blah blah. They are rebuilding, blah blah blah.

Frankly, I'm sick and god damn tired of hearing it. It's been 10 years. 10 ****ING years, since the team made the post season, and it doesn't appear to be heading there anytime soon.

justasportsfan
11-18-2008, 10:59 AM
It's part of being a bills fan. Even the teams greatest moments ( 4 sb) had disappointments attached to it like a siamese twin.

RockStar36
11-18-2008, 10:59 AM
The worst part about last night was even as Lindell lined up for the FG all I could think was the Browns still hae 40+ seconds to win it. I have zero confidence in them anymore.

billsfanone
11-18-2008, 11:00 AM
It's the same god damn story every year. The team is young, blah blah blah. The QB is learning, blah blah blah. They are rebuilding, blah blah blah.

Frankly, I'm sick and god damn tired of hearing it. It's been 10 years. 10 ****ING years, since the team made the post season, and it doesn't appear to be heading there anytime soon.

I feel the same way. They have the cap room right (clump)?

Get it ***** done. Or else, why bother?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
11-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Like my grandmother told me one time...."Pain is not all bad, it reminds you that you are alive, and those brief moments when you don't feel pain are as close to heaven as it gets."

I think most Bills fans know that this is what being a Bills fan is all about. Enjoy the fleeting moments of excitement, and store them away.....a Bills fan needs those moments to get through another long winter of disappointment.

They almost should rename the team the "Orchard Park Mirages", to build solidarity among disenfranchised fans.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 11:01 AM
The worst part about last night was even as Lindell lined up for the FG all I could think was the Browns still hae 40+ seconds to win it. I have zero confidence in them anymore.

Thought the exact same thing.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Im a little opposite then some of you though, Id rather blow the team up right now and start over new staff, new FO and a lot of new personell. I don't mind waiting but I dont see this team going in the right direction.

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2008, 11:02 AM

That thought never entered my mind. I knew he was going to miss the kick. I don't even blame the fat ass either. I blame the 3 damn running plays.

****. I was so pumped for last night's game, now I'm so thankful that I'll be unable to watch this week's game in KC.

tat2dmike77
11-18-2008, 11:02 AM
I think they are headed in the right direction, but way too slowly. This offseason is going to make or break my fandom. They need to put all the pieces together in a big way and make a serious attempt to make a serious run. No more of this rebuilding/grooming bs.

Sounds like the dang Cubs. Oh wait till next year. Oh wait till the offseason when we get new draft picks and a new free agent. Oh wait till next year this team is young.

BULLS*** i'm sick of hearing how young this team is for the past 5 seasons. Do we just have players who are not aging or what. Oh and the draft yeah what awesome draft picks will we pick this year only to not sign when they might become good players. Oh and FA yeah right forget getting a decent player there.

tat2dmike77
11-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Like my grandmother told me one time...."Pain is not all bad, it reminds you that you are alive, and those brief moments when you don't feel pain are as close to heaven as it gets."

No disrespect to your grandma but right now i don't need some chineese proverb about how good pain is. I'M A BUFFALO SPORTS FAN I KNOW ALOT ABOUT PAIN OK.

billsfanone
Sounds like the dang Cubs. Oh wait till next year. Oh wait till the offseason when we get new draft picks and a new free agent. Oh wait till next year this team is young.

BULLS*** i'm sick of hearing how young this team is for the past 5 seasons. Do we just have players who are not aging or what. Oh and the draft yeah what awesome draft picks will we pick this year only to not sign when they might become good players. Oh and FA yeah right forget getting a decent player there.

At least they are competitive, right? The Bills have been terrible or below average for the last 10 years.

Forward_Lateral
Im a little opposite then some of you though, Id rather blow the team up right now and start over new staff, new FO and a lot of new personell. I don't mind waiting but I dont see this team going in the right direction.

Personally, I couldn't care less. It's not like blowing the team up would be any worse than what we've endured for the past 10 flipping years.

tat2dmike77
11-18-2008, 11:04 AM
At least they are competitive, right? The Bills have been terrible or below average for the last 10 years.

Hilarious you should be a comedian.

OpIv37
11-18-2008, 11:41 AM

Crowell is the perfect example. It looked like our LB's were set after drafting Poz and signing Mitchell, but now Crowell is on IR and will likely never play another down for the Bills, so we completed our LB corps with Crowell-Poz-Mitchell but that unit never played a regular season down together. It's a microcosm for the whole team.

By they time they get the WR's and QB sorted out, our RB's and OL will be old/gone. By the time they get the DT's sorted out, the DE's will be old and useless (that's already happening), etc.