PDA

View Full Version : One thing amazing about last night.....

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 11:40 AM
The Bills blew last night, there's no way around that. Trent Edwards looked as pathetic as any QB in recent memory; I think that he just peaked way too early and it got to his head. People can make excuses for Edwards all day long but there's no excuse for throwing less than a TD a game, none what so ever. But Edwards will get another year, right or wrong.

But something that amazed me about last night was the fact that Edwards and the rest of the team played so poorly but were still in it till the very end. To play that bad and have the game come down to a field goal just makes me wonder what the score would have been had the Bills been on last night.

RockStar36
11-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Or what the score would've been if they were playing a good team.

Reminds me of last year's MNF game except Dallas actually completed the comeback while Buffalo couldn't even do that.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 11:52 AM

Reminds me of last year's MNF game except Dallas actually completed the comeback while Buffalo couldn't even do that.
Meh, Dallas didn't deserve that game last year.

TacklingDummy
11-18-2008, 11:52 AM
But something that amazed me about last night was the fact that Edwards and the rest of the team played so poorly but were still in it till the very end. To play that bad and have the game come down to a field goal just makes me wonder what the score would have been had the Bills been on last night.

The Bills have been in many games the past 4 years that they could have won.

justasportsfan
11-18-2008, 11:59 AM
The Bills blew last night, there's no way around that. Trent Edwards looked as pathetic as any QB in recent memory; I think that he just peaked way too early and it got to his head. People can make excuses for Edwards all day long but there's no excuse for throwing less than a TD a game, none what so ever. But Edwards will get another year, right or wrong.

thats because the D , ST and running game kept us in the game. Besides, the browns stink .

RockStar36
11-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Meh, Dallas didn't deserve that game last year.

Indeed. But they found a way to get the win against a lower team.

The Bills however still let that lower team get the win.

That is the difference between a playoff team and a team drafting in the top half every season.

Saratoga Slim
11-18-2008, 12:08 PM

They more or less did complete the comeback--the only difference between last night and Dallas' comeback against us last year was that Nick Folk MADE the kick to seal the deal. We put ourself in the same position to win--but our kicker missed.

Would we all be singing a happy song around here today if Lindell hit that kick and we won last night?

RockStar36
11-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Don't know. If Lindell made that kick the Browns still had 40+ seconds to drive back down and their kicker made it from much farther away. Nothing was sealed if Lindell made that kick.

Nighthawk
11-18-2008, 12:32 PM

As I've said many times before, Dickey finds ways to lose. This guy is just brutal!

Typ0
11-18-2008, 12:33 PM
as usual...dickey did not turn the ball over. Dickey did not fail to throw the ball to open receivers.

Nighthawk
11-18-2008, 12:35 PM
as usual...dickey did not turn the ball over. Dickey did not fail to throw the ball to open receivers.

Oh, you forgot one more thing...as usual...Dickey didn't win!

Typ0
11-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Oh, you forgot one more thing...as usual...Dickey didn't win!

and if TE didn't turn the ball over and threw it downfield to some open receivers he would have.

justasportsfan
11-18-2008, 12:42 PM
he's made very decision especially picking the OC's whether it's Fairchild or Turk . Fault falls on his head.

Typ0
11-18-2008, 12:46 PM
he's made very decision especially picking the OC's whether it's Fairchild or Turk . Fault falls on his head.

wrong. Above him is ML and above him is RW. If you want to play that game the buck does not stop at DJ.

Nighthawk
11-18-2008, 12:48 PM
wrong. Above him is ML and above him is RW. If you want to play that game the buck does not stop at DJ.

According to you, Dickey isn't responsible for anything, so why do we even have a HC? Just sayin'....

Typ0
11-18-2008, 12:52 PM
According to you, Dickey isn't responsible for anything, so why do we even have a HC? Just sayin'....

I just think I have liked the game planning and a lot of things...and when the players got their jobs done we won. You can't show me one team, pop warner, high school, cfl, college, nfl, that wins turning the ball over like we have this last month. You keep saying that our coaches are sending in plays that call for our offense to turn the ball over or something. Why punt on 4th down when we can just hand them the ball right there on second I guess. That's the mentality you think the coaches have.

RockStar36
11-18-2008, 12:55 PM
and if TE didn't turn the ball over and threw it downfield to some open receivers he would have.

Or if TE had a coach who recognized he is scared in the pocket and made some kind of adjustment we wouldn't be discussing this right now.

imbondz
11-18-2008, 12:56 PM
THE BROWNS WERE HORRIBLE LAST NIGHT. That's the saddest part.