PDA

View Full Version : Will You Watch Anymore Bills Games This Season?

raphael120
11-18-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm taking a break from Bills football. I watch football for enjoyment...watching the Bills is no longer enjoyment. It's more trouble than it's worth and last night put it over the top for me. I've never been so disgusted with the Bills before, and this will be the first year in about 7 years that I'm not going to buy a ticket for the game around Christmas when I visit my family in Buffalo. I'd rather put up with the mediocre Sabres than freeze my ass off and watch this pathetic team anymore.

Steve Johnson hopped over James Hardy on the depth chart.
Trent Edwards looks WORSE than JP Losman. That's right folks, WORSE.
If I hear Jauron say another "We'd love to be 10-0, but we're 5-5 and that's what we are", I'm going to punch a baby.
I can't look at Jaurons face without wanting to hit something with a blunt object.
This problem is from Ralph Wilson on down.
This team will NOT be here in 5 years.
Jimbo's face after the missed field goal said it all.
Face it, Bills fans...the Bills we knew in the early nineties...the "good times" (which is odd because the "good times" is 4 Super Bowl losses), theyre gone and never coming back.
This team is embarrassing...and the whole Toronto deal is just rubbing salt in the wound. I'm done. I feel like this is some sick S&M ****. Watching Bills football is borderline inhumane torture.
I'm done going to the bar to watch this team, done investing all my time and emotion this season...I'm watching the Steelers from here on out this year.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 12:17 PM
I'll always watch the Bills, I just don't care if they win or lose anymore. I'm taking the Ralph Wilson approach from here on in.

raphael120
11-18-2008, 12:19 PM
I'll always watch the Bills, I just don't care if they win or lose anymore. I'm taking the Ralph Wilson approach from here on in.

What's the point of watching if you don't care? You're just wasting your time, aren't you? The point of watching football is because you enjoy it. It's fun, right? Well...Bills football is anything but anymore.

OpIv37
11-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Win, lose or draw, we only get 16 games a year.

And Sunday Ticket doesn't give refunds, so I already paid for them.

I watched every game during the 3-13 season and the 5-11 season. I'll watch every game this season too.

raphael120
11-18-2008, 12:21 PM

I watched every game during the 3-13 season and the 5-11 season. I'll watch every game this season too.

If you had to drive to a bar every Sunday and pay for beer, etc, would you still?

gr8slayer
What's the point of watching if you don't care? You're just wasting your time, aren't you? The point of watching football is because you enjoy it. It's fun, right? Well...Bills football is anything but anymore.
I love the sport of football and will watch any game. If the Cowboys aren't on I'll watch the Bills.

gr8slayer
If you had to drive to a bar every Sunday and pay for beer, etc, would you still?
Nope.

raphael120
11-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Nope.

Ugh, Cowboys...i still dont understand how you could be a fan of both. :puke:

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Ugh, Cowboys...i still dont understand how you could be a fan of both. :puke:
I'm honestly starting to really get tired of Ralph Wilson and his bull****. I have already decided that I will not be going to anymore Bills games and won't be buying anymore merchandise, I'm re-painting the media room and all the posters and autographed memorabilia is coming down and the jerseys are going to the salvation army. I'm tired of being slapped around by a horrible owner who does not care.

raphael120
11-18-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm honestly starting to really get tired of Ralph Wilson and his bull****. I have already decided that I will not be going to anymore Bills games and won't be buying anymore merchandise, I'm re-painting the media room and all the posters and autographed memorabilia is coming down and the jerseys are going to the salvation army. I'm tired of being slapped around by a horrible owner who does not care.

I went to the Steelers game this past Sunday and had way more fun...good thing when i was in Pittsburgh I loaded up on some Steelers gear because I'm AGAIN falling back to my secondary team, since I'm from Pittsburgh...it's refreshing to be rooting for a team who gives a **** about winning and not being pushed around.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 12:27 PM
I went to the Steelers game this past Sunday and had way more fun...good thing when i was in Pittsburgh I loaded up on some Steelers gear because I'm AGAIN falling back to my secondary team, since I'm from Pittsburgh...it's refreshing to be rooting for a team who gives a **** about winning and not being pushed around.
It's funny you mention that, I have several friends in Dallas that are from Buffalo who have given up on the Bills too.

billsfanone
11-18-2008, 12:28 PM
I'll watch. If there is something better going on I will DVR the game.

OpIv37
11-18-2008, 12:39 PM

I really don't know. That's what I did during the 3-13 season.

To be honest, I actually think it was EASIER to watch the games that season because we were out of it from the very beginning. A loss was expected, a win was a pleasant surprise. In situations like this- where we started 5-1 and had a shot at not just the wildcard but actually winning the division- each loss is so much more frustrating because it has significance.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
11-18-2008, 12:43 PM
I'll TiVo the games, and watch them if something compelling happens.

I have too many better things to do, than to watch this team struggle to be competitive.

yordad
11-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Yep, I figure I'll watch. But I ain't high fivin' anyone. They suck, and I am convinced they always will. No need to get excited anymore.

I am f'in pissed. F'k a football.

RockStar36
11-18-2008, 12:47 PM
I always watch the games no matter what. I didn't even know this was an option.

bluerosekiller
11-18-2008, 01:31 PM
I really don't know. That's what I did during the 3-13 season.

To be honest, I actually think it was EASIER to watch the games that season because we were out of it from the very beginning. A loss was expected, a win was a pleasant surprise. In situations like this- where we started 5-1 and had a shot at not just the wildcard but actually winning the division- each loss is so much more frustrating because it has significance.

Yep.

After being promised an improved team this season, one that was sworn to be playoff bound & then experiencing an early '90's like euphoria while the team went 5-1, this 0-4 slide has been an almost Super Bowl-like kick in the teeth. :perplex: :perplex: :puke:

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Ill still drive to the bar and watch.

tat2dmike77
11-18-2008, 01:37 PM

I"M SO SICK OF THIS CRAP OH I HAVE TWO FAVORITE TEAMS. Call it how it is you're a bandwagoner. If the steelers sucked would you be falling back on them? I doubt it.

raphael120
11-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Is anyone with me when I say they should do away with the Shout song when we score a FG, unless it's a game winning FG?

Mad Bomber
11-18-2008, 01:41 PM
:rofl:

I'll watch them, but won't get too upset when they lose. Every game they lose is a step toward a higher draft pick for them to squander.

raphael120
11-18-2008, 01:41 PM
I"M SO SICK OF THIS CRAP OH I HAVE TWO FAVORITE TEAMS. Call it how it is you're a bandwagoner. If the steelers sucked would you be falling back on them? I doubt it.
I have 1 favorite team, I've been rooting for that favorite team since I was a wee lad, I'm going to follow the Steelers now because I have more enjoyment watching them. Youre right, if the Steelers sucked too, I'd just stick with the Bills.

Im sorry, someone who has been a fan of the Bills for this long is not a bandwagon jumper. I could've jumped ship a loooooong time ago. I'm just done with watching my team this season, I'd like to not have anger management issues.

Funny part is...I can only remember 1 year in the past 15 where the Steelers have been Buffalo Bills bad.

The King
11-18-2008, 03:50 PM

Send the Bills gear this way! Jules has nothing but a Spikes Jersey.
:sad:

Philagape
11-18-2008, 04:00 PM
I've always watched my teams because I hope they'll win, not because I think they will.
I've been through consecutive 2-14 seasons. I'll live.

OpIv37
11-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Is anyone with me when I say they should do away with the Shout song when we score a FG, unless it's a game winning FG?

The Bills make me wanna clap aclimacticly?

Borosai
11-18-2008, 04:11 PM
I'll watch the games, but just like before, I won't expect much. The only thing to really look for is the development of the younger players: Hardy, McKelvin, Fine, etc. Maybe Lynch will have another great game. Who knows, there's always something to see.

But as far as getting emotionally involved, and becoming upset if they lose: no.

Ebenezer
11-18-2008, 04:23 PM
My family is healthy...I will watch and I will be going to the SF and NE games...but I think I am done with night games.

madness
11-18-2008, 04:29 PM
My family is healthy...I will watch and I will be going to the SF and NE games...but I think I am done with night games.

What pisses me off is that my neighbor is growing more confident each week that SF has a chance of winning that game. If we lose to KC I'm going to tell him I lost his ticket. :mad:

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Send the Bills gear this way! Jules has nothing but a Spikes Jersey.
:sad:
I've got some stuff I can send you. Can't send Lecter any jerseys because his skinny ass probably wears an extra-medium now.

TacklingDummy
11-18-2008, 04:34 PM
It's the Bills or nothing for me.

BillsNick
11-18-2008, 05:30 PM

:cynic:

FatalShot
11-18-2008, 06:16 PM
I don't even ****ing know anymore. I'm so tired of watching this team be content with mediocrity, that it's sickening.

And I can't afford to break any more tv remotes this season, so I'm really considering not watching the game next sunday.

Cntrygal
11-18-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm going to the KC game. :nervous:

SquishDaFish
11-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Ill watch every game like I have for the past 20 years. Only get 16 a year and Ill sit in my home and watch them all. Also will still go to the 49ers game still too

M
11-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Of course I'm going to watch the games. The Bills are my team. Good or bad.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-18-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm done. This is why franchises go under.. the fans finally just throw in the towl and get sick of it. I'm sick of it. Sick of not enjoying 6 months of the year becasue I am so gut wrenching uptight on game day and depressed for 4 days after. for 25 years Ive been doing this... why? What has one bills win or loss ever done for me or the folks I love... except keep me from doing more important things on Sunday.
**** it. I'm done and I'm done with the bills.

well at least till the draft.

then they'll suck me in with more false hope.

but I'm ****ing done with it!

Luisito23
11-18-2008, 10:39 PM
It's always much easier to watch a game when you're expecting to see a loss....

im4bflo
11-18-2008, 10:46 PM
None of those choices aply.
I've never missed a BILLS game, and never plan to.
GO BILLS!

jamze132
11-18-2008, 11:28 PM
I did and I did it during the Bledsoe years. Talk about a waste of time and money. But **** it, the Bills are my team and if I can find a way to watch them, I am watching them.

tat2dmike77
11-18-2008, 11:31 PM
I did and I did it during the Bledsoe years. Talk about a waste of time and money. But **** it, the Bills are my team and if I can find a way to watch them, I am watching them.

Nah i can top that i got a satelite and paid for sunday ticket for the sole purpose of watching the bills during (drum roll please)....................................................................the ROB JOHNSON YEARS after flutie

shelby
11-19-2008, 04:10 AM
i'd be happy to accept any and all donations of Bills gear and paraphernalia...i'll PM you my addy.
:D

Pinkerton Security
11-19-2008, 09:42 AM
If anyone says they arent going to watch the games anymore, they should A) not be able to post a single negative thing about this team on here because they are a fairweather fan and no one should have any respect for them and B) they are a douche.

How some of you made it through our 4-12 years is beyond me. If you dont watch any more games and root for a different team instead, good riddance. ITs one thing to be realistic with your hopes for the team, but if you dont stay with your team through rough times then I think most people on here would agree, you are no fan at all.

jamze132
11-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Nah i can top that i got a satelite and paid for sunday ticket for the sole purpose of watching the bills during (drum roll please)....................................................................the ROB JOHNSON YEARS after flutie
I had DirecTV back then along with the ticket. I know your pain...

billsfanone
11-25-2008, 01:03 PM
I'll watch. If there is something better going on I will DVR the game.

For the record I did this last game. I was about 2 hours behind when I started watching. Fast forwarding through commercials and half time, I was almost caught up by the end of the game. How sick is that?

Jan Reimers
11-25-2008, 01:10 PM
I threaten to stop watching them after every gut-wrenching loss. Then I suck it up and watch the next week. I guess I'm conditioned to it after 48+ years.

madness
11-25-2008, 02:51 PM
For the record I did this last game. I was about 2 hours behind when I started watching. Fast forwarding through commercials and half time, I was almost caught up by the end of the game. How sick is that?

That's about right. DirecTV's Shortcut's shows Sunday's game in a half hour format by cutting out everything in between plays.

Marvelous
11-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Honestly, i will never not watch a game because we suck.. The 3-13 Rob Johnson season comes to mind.. Winning is a perk for this fan & always will be...

THATHURMANATOR
11-25-2008, 03:45 PM

Not every game you are going to the Redskins game this week!

hydro
11-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Not every game you are going to the Redskins game this week!
C'mon Corey. He said he was going to DVR it. :cynic:

THATHURMANATOR
11-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Chuck you are really all over me today.... :(

Cntrygal
11-25-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm going to the KC game. :nervous:

:bravo:

hydro
11-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Chuck you are really all over me today.... :(

Someone has to keep you in line!