PDA

View Full Version : Great players, so whats the problem

Mitchell55
11-18-2008, 12:25 PM
We have about 9 elite players. Lynch, Evans, Peters, Stroud, Mitchell, Pos, Whitner, Parrish on PR, McKelvin on KR, and Edwards probably will eventually be in this. Whats the problem? Take this game. We were even throwing the ball, and we dominated everywhere else. We should be a elite team. We still have a chance but we need to play 6 more games like this without turnovers. We can still do it, and if we just cut down on turnovers, we could be a top 5 team again.

raphael120
11-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Whoa whoa whoa...the only "elite" player I see is Evans.
Mitchell is average, Stroud isn't elite anymore, he's GOOD, not elite. Whitner isn't a game changing elite safety like Ed Reed or Palomalu, and Poz hasn't proven anything yet.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Wow kid, you really need to quit playing Madden. There are no "elite" players on this team.

Mitchell55
11-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Mitchell is average, Stroud isn't elite anymore, he's GOOD, not elite. Whitner isn't a game changing elite safety like Ed Reed or Palomalu, and Poz hasn't proven anything yet.

LOL. Evans is also the only WR who hasnt had a catch in the last 2 games. If you watched that Cleveland game u would see Stroud is elite. Whitner and Mitchell might not be elite though.

TacklingDummy
11-18-2008, 12:30 PM

I wouldn't even say Evans is.

Typ0
11-18-2008, 12:31 PM
I don't think there are any elite players really. But we are good enough to win all the games we have lost. If Edwards was an elite player we would have won all the games we lost. We lost the games due to QB play. If he responds well and becomes elite we will win a lot of games.

Mitchell55
11-18-2008, 12:34 PM
I don't think there are any elite players really. But we are good enough to win all the games we have lost. If Edwards was an elite player we would have won all the games we lost. We lost the games due to QB play. If he responds well and becomes elite we will win a lot of games.

Remember though, Peyton and Aikman both lost over 10 games in there 1st full season. Trent is learning and has showed promise and will be a elite player.

Typ0
11-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Remember though, Peyton and Aikman both lost over 10 games in there 1st full season. Trent is learning and has showed promise and will be a elite player.

I'm sorry...but those QBs losing 10 games does not translate to if TE loses ten games he's going to be Elite. We've seen the positives of TE when his head is in the game. It's all going to come down to how he responds now if he rises to the top.

OpIv37
11-18-2008, 12:35 PM
I agree with gr8- there are no elite players on this team. Evans and Peters are as close as it gets. Lynch may be an elite player if he's used properly. That's it.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 12:37 PM
I love it when people bring up Aikman, he was an average QB who was surrounded by one of the best teams in NFL history. I aim a lot higher in my QB's than Troy Aikman.

Mitchell55
11-18-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm sorry...but those QBs losing 10 games does not translate to if TE loses ten games he's going to be Elite. We've seen the positives of TE when his head is in the game. It's all going to come down to how he responds now if he rises to the top.

Im saying we cant just give up on him because all QBs go through what he went through.

Mr. Pink
11-18-2008, 01:26 PM
This team has one elite player...Brian Moorman.

That's it.

It's been that way for a while too.

We have some other good players yes, but not elite. Peters was reaching that area last year and has regressed a ton this year.

tat2dmike77
11-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Using the word elite pretty loosely nowadays arn't we?

raphael120
11-18-2008, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't even say Evans is.

Send Evans to a team with a QB who knows how to play the position. He'd be elite. I feel bad for Evans man...he's stuck here for 5 more years now or whatever...he could be so much more.

TacklingDummy
11-18-2008, 02:49 PM
This team has one elite player...Brian Moorman.

Quit living in the past. Moorman hasn't been elite in 2 years.