X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

The Deep Ball

At what point do the coaches call Edwards over and get in his ass and demand that he throw the ball deep?? Why did they just keep letting him do the same old checkoff stuff the whole game? I think that they are just as responsible. At some point they needed to realize that he was running scared and point him in the right direction. Just letting him stand back there checking off all night was not the answer. I hold Turk and Co just as responsible for that offensive debacle as anyone. Is Edwards just a hardhead who won't listen to anyone and keeps doing things his way. I don't think so but if so he needs to be benched. It makes no sense why he wasn't directed to throw some deepballs.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Deep Ball

Do we know he wasn't given plays that his primary read were the deep guy? I saw quite a few plays that had Evans and Hardy deep and open but Edwards never went there way. A coach can tell you stuff till he's blue in the face but he can't make you do anything.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

It might be time to sit Edwards for a game...and hope it lights a fire under his ass.

Not that this team will do anything with JP leading the offense, but this season is basically over and we have to look towards next year.

So sad to say after such a great start and 6 games to go.

Comment

• Mitchell55
        only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
        It might be time to sit Edwards for a game...and hope it lights a fire under his ass.

Not that this team will do anything with JP leading the offense, but this season is basically over and we have to look towards next year.

So sad to say after such a great start and 6 games to go.

We need to win 5 out of 6. Not impossible, but not likely.

Comment

• mchurchfie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          A coach can tell you stuff till he's blue in the face but he can't make you do anything.
          That's what I'm talking about. If he is being told to try and get the ball deep and he isn't even making an attempt he needs have his ass riding the pine until it sinks in.
          My Band
          daveviterna.com

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
            At what point do the coaches call Edwards over and get in his ass and demand that he throw the ball deep?? Why did they just keep letting him do the same old checkoff stuff the whole game? I think that they are just as responsible. At some point they needed to realize that he was running scared and point him in the right direction. Just letting him stand back there checking off all night was not the answer. I hold Turk and Co just as responsible for that offensive debacle as anyone. Is Edwards just a hardhead who won't listen to anyone and keeps doing things his way. I don't think so but if so he needs to be benched. It makes no sense why he wasn't directed to throw some deepballs.

the coaches taught him to be a ball control qb. They drilled it in his head. Now they've created an dink and dunk monster. They created Robosack and Larry Centers II .
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mchurchfie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              the coaches taught him to be a ball control qb. They drilled it in his head. Now they've created an dink and dunk monster. They created Robosack and Larry Centers II .
              I don't really think so. He has pretty much had those tendencies from day one of last year.
              My Band
              daveviterna.com

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                I don't really think so. He has pretty much had those tendencies from day one of last year.
                Rreinforcing it didn't help either.

They should practice the deep ball all the time. Repetition is key to gain confidence. Instead they keep practicing dinking and dunking to the point that it's become apparent that his first and last option is to dink and dunk the ball.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                X