PDA

View Full Version : OpIv37's Post-Game Review

shelby
11-18-2008, 02:48 PM
I've been dreading this game ever since the schedule came out. This team simply can't perform when the spotlight is on. It was another exciting game with disappointing results, as the Bills failed to be productive offensively against a team with a terrible defense.
The team was not prepared for this game. Edwards didn't protect the ball. The WR's couldn't get involved. The D had its moments, but also struggled in man coverage when the blitzes didn't get there. The team squandered five timeouts. FIVE. And while they kept the number of penalties in check, they came at crucial times. Once again, Jauron and company failed.
If this game was against a better team, it would have been a complete blowout.
The Good:
-I liked the blitzing on D. It didn't work every time, but at least they didn't sit back and get picked apart like they have the last 3 games.
-Stroud came to play for the first time since the Seattle game.
-Spencer Johnson came to play again.
-McGee did well against Edwards, and actually shut down several slant patterns.
-Bryan Scott had a few mistakes, but played well for the most part.
-McKelvin finally broke one and played decent on D.
-Marshawn Lynch is a beast.
-The OL finally got the run game going, and Langston Walker had a great game.
-Despite the fumble, Fred Jackson did well running the ball, and covering those short kicks on S/T.
-Steve Johnson showed some potential.
-Royal didn't do much, but came through when it counted.
-S/T had one of their better games of the year (except for that last kick....).
The Bad:
-What the hell happened to Trent Edwards? He has no confidence, he's not accurate, he doesn't protect the ball and he's not even close on timing routes. The guy looks like Losman, only worse.
-Duke Preston got man-handled in the middle.
-Did Lee Evans even play? (to be fair, this probably has as much to do with Edwards as Evans).
-The offensive playcalling was suspect yet again (more on that later).
-Kawika Mitchell is feast or famine. He either makes a big play, or he's as irrelevant as Keith Ellison.
-Keith Ellison is irrelevant.
-The whole D still bites on fakes. I can't believe that Quinn bootleg scramble worked TWICE (it may have even been 3 times).
-Ko Simpson made 2 good plays. The rest of the night, he was terrible.
-Why the hell didn't they kick it to Cribbs after he just chased McKelvin down, yet they kicked it to him on the play that set up the game-winning FG? That makes no sense.
-The coaching was terrible, and the wasting of 5 timeouts was inexplicable.

more.... (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/11/18/opivs_postgame_review.php)

trapezeus
11-18-2008, 07:50 PM
i make mention of alot of the points you made in my article as well. the triple team of rogers andhe still makes a play is so damn annoying. when has a bill done that? worked through major adversity to make the play that needs to be made.