PDA

View Full Version : Why the long kick

Jaybird
11-18-2008, 05:10 PM
why did we become conservative running the ball with a 47 yard kick!

we should have tried to hit them in the end zone on the first down following the play to royal.

Jauron needs to know the percentages of hitting a 47 yarder vs a 30 plus yard kick

Tatonka
11-18-2008, 05:28 PM
because he was scared that trent would stand in the pocket with a ton of time.. like he did all night.. and then throw another interception after staring at the receiver for 10 seconds and waiting for the coverage to catch up.

did you watch the game? it is obvious why they ran the ball. it was their only choice. trent couldnt complete two passes in a row.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Who was our best player last night? There you have your answer.

Thurmal
11-18-2008, 06:01 PM

we should have tried to hit them in the end zone on the first down following the play to royal.

Jauron needs to know the percentages of hitting a 47 yarder vs a 30 plus yard kick

Jauron is totally incompetent. There is no reason why they wouldn't at least try a low-risk, high percentage pass to get into Lindell's sweet zone. None at all.

If you can't trust your QB to EVEN THROW THE BALL ONE TIME, he shouldn't be playing.

Nighthawk
11-18-2008, 06:05 PM
because he was scared that trent would stand in the pocket with a ton of time.. like he did all night.. and then throw another interception after staring at the receiver for 10 seconds and waiting for the coverage to catch up.

did you watch the game? it is obvious why they ran the ball. it was their only choice. trent couldnt complete two passes in a row.

You mean it was their only choice right after Trent threw a strike to Royal for 22 yards? Umm, ok.

I agree they were scared, but nobody knows what will happen during the next play, so that philosophy is totally laughable. Dickey lost this game at the end of it because he played for a 47 yard fg. That is a loser coaching and not coach who is a winner.

The Jokeman
11-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Who was our best player last night? There you have your answer.
Our best player last night arguably dropped a potential game clinching INT in the games' final minutes.

Uncle Jesse
11-19-2008, 12:14 AM
You just had to know Lindell was going to miss that, especaially the way the night was going.

PECKERWOOD
11-19-2008, 02:07 AM
Jauron is totally incompetent. There is no reason why they wouldn't at least try a low-risk, high percentage pass to get into Lindell's sweet zone. None at all.

If you can't trust your QB to EVEN THROW THE BALL ONE TIME, he shouldn't be playing.

I agree man, this is FOOTBALL, not some beauty pagent. The QB isn't there to be a statute and worshipped like a Roman God, let the kid throw the freaking ball.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 10:01 AM

They had no confidence in Trent. I sound like the JP haters.

SABURZFAN
11-19-2008, 10:17 AM
They had no confidence in Trent. I sound like the JP haters.

:rofl:

it's called the truth, justa. i bet it sounds weird for you to speak the truth, doesn't it?

RockStar36
11-19-2008, 10:24 AM
I don't buy the confidence in Trent excuse. If they didn't have any confidence in Trent they would've yanked him after the third pick of the first quarter. They left him in so they obviously had confidence in him. Trent himself didn't have confidence in himself which is why he constantly ingnored open receivers downfield and dumped it off to Marshawn. The reason they ran the ball three straight times is because the coaching staff is consistently gutless. It doesn't matter what the game situation is, if it involved taking a risk they are going to go the safe route 99.8% of the time.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 10:26 AM
:rofl:

it's called the truth, justa. i bet it sounds weird for you to speak the truth, doesn't it?
so the truth is, the coaches have no confidence in Trent either. Got it!

SABURZFAN
11-19-2008, 10:31 AM
so the truth is, the coaches have no confidence in Trent either. Got it!

they don't. why do you think Lynch caught so many balls? :rolleyes:

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 10:33 AM
they don't. why do you think Lynch caught so many balls? :rolleyes:

so I wasn't wrong then. Thought so.

SABURZFAN
11-19-2008, 10:35 AM
so I wasn't wrong then. Thought so.

you were just wrong about Lossman. :rolleyes:

Lone Stranger
11-19-2008, 10:40 AM
I've been a Jauron supporter for some time; however, after his performances the past two weeks I have given up on him. It's time for a change. But who to go to is the question. It seems that other teams have the ability to pick a winner(Atlanta, Baltimore, Miami) but that doesn't seem to rest with the Bills' management. Don't tell me about Cowher. Ralph will never pay him what he wants.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 10:40 AM
you were just wrong about Lossman. :rolleyes:

I must be wrong about Trent too then and just admit that he blows and the coaches have nothing to do with his failure.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 10:41 AM
I've been a Jauron supporter for some time; however, after his performances the past two weeks I have given up on him. It's time for a change. But who to go to is the question. It seems that other teams have the ability to pick a winner(Atlanta, Baltimore, Miami) but that doesn't seem to rest with the Bills' management. Don't tell me about Cowher. Ralph will never pay him what he wants.
Ralph should kiss Polians ass and beg him to come back.

SABURZFAN
11-19-2008, 10:41 AM
I must be wrong about Trent too then and just admit that he blows and the coaches have nothing to do with his failure.

the list is too long to tell what you were wrong about.

don137
11-19-2008, 11:13 AM
I don't buy the confidence in Trent excuse. If they didn't have any confidence in Trent they would've yanked him after the third pick of the first quarter. They left him in so they obviously had confidence in him. Trent himself didn't have confidence in himself which is why he constantly ingnored open receivers downfield and dumped it off to Marshawn. The reason they ran the ball three straight times is because the coaching staff is consistently gutless. It doesn't matter what the game situation is, if it involved taking a risk they are going to go the safe route 99.8% of the time.

If they had confidence in Edwards they would of had them throw the ball. I think the reason they did not yank Edwards is because they have more confidence in Edwards than Losman. Basically, by their actions, they do not have confdence in the QB position.

RockStar36
11-19-2008, 11:15 AM
If they had confidence in Edwards they would of had them throw the ball. I think the reason they did not yank Edwards is because they have more confidence in Edwards than Losman. Basically, by their actions, they do not have confdence in the QB position.

They called plenty of pass plays. There is only so much the coaching staff can do. If Edwards is afraid to throw down the field there is nothing the coaches can do about that.

don137
11-19-2008, 11:23 AM
They called plenty of pass plays. There is only so much the coaching staff can do. If Edwards is afraid to throw down the field there is nothing the coaches can do about that.
I meant they would of had him throw the ball instead of setting up a very long FG try...They let him pass when they had no choice because they had to move the ball but once they were in FG range they seem to say we don't want Trent to screw this up and rather take our chances on a long FG over risking him move the ball.

RockStar36
11-19-2008, 11:24 AM
I don't think that was a lack of confidence in Trent as much as it was just lack of balls by the coaching staff in general. This isn't the first time and definitely won't be the last when they make a decision like that.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 11:27 AM
I don't think that was a lack of confidence in Trent as much as it was just lack of balls by the coaching staff in general. This isn't the first time and definitely won't be the last when they make a decision like that.
it was both.

It's sad that they were content on running the clock down which is a play not to lose philosophy.

yordad
11-19-2008, 11:36 AM

If you can't trust your QB to EVEN THROW THE BALL ONE TIME, he shouldn't be playing.Well, I agree with one part.