Rest of Bills Draft:
3. QB Nate Davis
4. OC AQ Shipley
5. WR Ramses Barden
6. TE Brandon Ledbetter
7. OG Louis Vasquez

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 06:48 PM
I still don't like either Orapko or Chung. McCoy has already announced that he's staying at UT by the way and a bird told me that Stafford will not declare either.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 06:50 PM
I still don't like either Orapko or Chung. McCoy has already announced that he's staying at UT by the way and a bird told me that Stafford will not declare either.

Yea I posted about McCoy but money talks. Dont trust your bird on Stafford, nobody in Athens is expecting to see him next year. They are brining in two stud recruits as QBs.

Nighthawk
11-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Isn't Crabtree a sophmore? Last time I checked, college players can't declare for the draft until after their Junior season.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Isn't Crabtree a sophmore? Last time I checked, college players can't declare for the draft until after their Junior season.

And you would be partially correct. Players can leave three years after they graduate HS. Crabtree is a RS-SO so both he, and Moreno qualify.

hydro

That is what it says on espn...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=184845

gr8slayer
Yea I posted about McCoy but money talks. Dont trust your bird on Stafford, nobody in Athens is expecting to see him next year. They are brining in two stud recruits as QBs.
Not a lot of people in the NFL are expecting to see him either :up:

hydro
And you would be partially correct. Players can leave three years after they graduate HS. Crabtree is a RS-SO so both he, and Moreno qualify.

That clears it up :D

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Bingo

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Not a lot of people in the NFL are expecting to see him either :up:

We shall see, I dont think he should decalre, but I think we will see a ton of Juniors jump with the impending CBA issues and a likely rookie cap.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 06:57 PM
We shall see, I dont think he should decalre, but I think we will see a ton of Juniors jump with the impending CBA issues and a likely rookie cap.
Stafford is NOT NFL ready at this point. He would be a project.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Bowe and Crabtree would be freaking amazing; Bowe, Crabtree, Gonzalez + the best young QB in the NFL right now = years of great offense.

Nighthawk
11-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Cool...he's a great player who will be great on Sundays.

RockStar36
11-18-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm not sure on the KC or Houston first round pick.

Bmax
11-18-2008, 07:43 PM
1. Curry-OLB-Wake Forest
2. Coffman -TE- Missouri

Center in rd 3 or 4 with DE in rd 3 or 4 ...if not picked up in free agency

Bryan

DBrown77
11-18-2008, 08:00 PM
you think houston takes moreno when they have slayton?

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2008, 08:48 PM
If McCoy enters the draft, do you really think he'll fall that far?

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 08:49 PM
He is not, he has made it official.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 08:50 PM
you think houston takes moreno when they have slayton?

Slaton isnt an every down back in my opinion. He isnt even averaging 13 carries a game. If they can get a true back like Moreno and use him with Slaton. Schaub would only need to manage the game and they would be a big time offensive power.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 08:51 PM
He is not, he has made it official.

He's made nothing official, you know better.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Slaton isnt an every down back in my opinion. He isnt even averaging 13 carries a game. If they can get a true back like Moreno and use him with Slaton. Schaub would only need to manage the game and they would be a big time offensive power.
Moreno isn't an every down back either; not at the NFL level. He'll be drafted and used like the Titans use Johnson.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 08:52 PM

Maybe not, but he won't go Round 1. He has mechanic issues and is still one of those dreaded dual threat QB's. Plus he plays in that spread offense which isnt very easy to transition to most pro style systems.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Moreno isn't an every down back either; not at the NFL level. He'll be drafted and used like the Titans use Johnson.

I disagree, Moreno will be a 20-25 carry back in the NFL, which in today's NFL will be an every down back. He'll need a 2nd guy (like Slaton) to take over on obvious passing downs and change of pace situations.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 08:55 PM
I disagree, Moreno will be a 20-25 carry back in the NFL, which in today's NFL will be an every down back. He'll need a 2nd guy (like Slaton) to take over on obvious passing downs and change of pace situations.
You're crazy, he's not built for it. You are actually the first person I've heard refer to him as an "every down back".

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm not sure on the KC or Houston first round pick.

KC could use some serious help on D, but the only position that makes sense right now is LB, DE, or S. No S or LB is really worth a Top 5 pick, and they could go Selvie but isnt not a sure thing he'll be a 4-3 DE in the NFL. So thats a risk, taking Crabtree would be a less risk pick, imo. Houston I explained the reasoning for one Page 1.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 08:56 PM
You're crazy, he's not built for it. You are actually the first person I've heard refer to him as an "every down back".

He could do 20-25 carries a game, you disagree with that?

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 08:58 PM
He could do 20-25 carries a game, you disagree with that?
For 16 games at the NFL level, there's no way, I absolutely disagree. He might be a 10-15 touches type RB but not a 20-25 carry guy. That's not to say that I doubt that he'll be a good RB, just not a feature back.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 09:01 PM
You know a system where Moreno might be able to be a feature back? Denver, he would shine in that style of offense, but they aren't the kind of team that drafts RB's high.

Mahdi
11-18-2008, 09:03 PM
1. Detroit-QB Matt Stafford
2. Kansas City-WR Michael Crabtree
3. Cincinnati-OT Andre Smith
4. Seattle-OT Michael Oher
5. St. Louis-CB Malcom Jenkins
6. Oakland-OT Eugene Monroe
7. Houston-RB Knowshon Moreno
8. San Francisco-WR Jeremy Maclin
9. Jacksonville-DE George Selvie
10. Cleveland-RB Chris Wells
11. San Diego-DE Michael Johnson
12. New Orleans-CB Vontae Davis
13. Buffalo-DE Brian Orapko
14. Chicago-DT Terrance Cody
15. Green Bay-LB Aaron Curry
16. Minnesota-OT Ciron Black
17. Philadelphia-DT Sen'Derrick Marks
18. Denver-FS William Moore
19. New England-OG Duke Robinson
20. Detroit-DE Greg Hardy
21. Atlanta-TE Jermaine Gresham
22. Washington-LB Rey Mauluga
23. Miami-LB James Laurinitis
24. Baltimore-WR Darius Heyward-Bey
25. Indianapolis-DT Fili Moala
26. NY Jets-OT Jason Smith
27. Arizona-RB Javon Ringer
28. Tampa Bay-WR Percy Harvin
29. Pittsburgh-DE Tyson Jackson
30. Philadelphia-LB Sean Weatherspoon
31. NY Giants-CB Victor Harris
32. Tennessee-LB Brandon Spikes

33. Detroit-CB Alphonso Smith
34. Kansas City-DE Maurice Evans
35. Cincinnati-DT Peria Jerry
36. Seattle-WR Jauquin Iglesias
37. St. Louis-LB Marcus Freeman
38. Oakland-OT Jarmon Meredith
39. Houston-TE Brandon Pettigrew
40. San Francisco-OC Alex Mack
41. Jacksonville-WR Aaron Kelly
42. Cleveland-LB Gerald McRath
43. New England-RB CJ Spiller
44. New York Giants-OT Alex Boone
45. Buffalo-FS Patrick Chung
46. Chicago-QB Colt McCoy
47. Green Bay-SS Nic Harris
48. Minnesota-DT Vince Oghobaase
49. Philadelphia-CB Darius Buttler
50. Denver-SS Michael Hamlin
51. New England-LB Anthony Heygood
52. Dallas-FS Kam Chancellor
53. Atlanta-DE Greg Middleton
54. Miami-CB Trevor Lindley
55. Miami-WR Demetrius Byrd
56. Baltimore-CB Joe Burnett
57. Indianapolis-LB Derry Beckwith
58. New York Jets-DE Everette Brown
59. Arizona-TE Chase Coffman
60. Tampa Bay-OT Adam Ultaoski
61. Pittsburgh-OC Jonathan Luigis
62. Carolina-WR Kenny Britt
63. New York Giants-FS Derek Pegeus
64. Tennessee-DT Terrance Taylor

Rest of Bills Draft:
3. QB Nate Davis
4. OC AQ Shipley
5. WR Ramses Barden
6. TE Brandon Ledbetter
7. OG Louis Vasquez
A lot of ppl consider Orakpo the top DE, why did you go with Selvie and Johnson ahead of him?

AND

you think Jacksonville would take another DE after selecting Harvey and Groves with their first 2 picks last year?

I like the Orakpo pick though, he seems like an Osi Umenyiora type player which we desperately need.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 09:04 PM
For 16 games at the NFL level, there's no way, I absolutely disagree. He might be a 10-15 touches type RB but not a 20-25 carry guy. That's not to say that I doubt that he'll be a good RB, just not a feature back.

I disagree in the era of NFL we are in with the two back system. There is no reason to think he can't do it, and be successful at it.

He's averaging 19 carries a game in the SEC, which will have more defensive players in the NFL then any other conference, and his numbers are hurt by the fact that he only played partial games v. CMU, Ga Southern. In fact v. just the SEC this year he is averaging; 20 carries a game, 108 yards per game and 5.3 YPC. I dont care about his build as much as I do about the fact that he is doing what everybody said he couldnt (including when he came out of HS, I remind you) this kid has a lot of heart and can play football. He rarely takes a big shot and with his athleticism and power he could be a feature back without a doubt in my mind.

Mahdi
11-18-2008, 09:07 PM
1. Detroit-QB Matt Stafford
2. Kansas City-WR Michael Crabtree
3. Cincinnati-OT Andre Smith
4. Seattle-OT Michael Oher
5. St. Louis-CB Malcom Jenkins
6. Oakland-OT Eugene Monroe
7. Houston-RB Knowshon Moreno
8. San Francisco-WR Jeremy Maclin
9. Jacksonville-DE George Selvie
10. Cleveland-RB Chris Wells
11. San Diego-DE Michael Johnson
12. New Orleans-CB Vontae Davis
13. Buffalo-DE Brian Orapko
14. Chicago-DT Terrance Cody
15. Green Bay-LB Aaron Curry
16. Minnesota-OT Ciron Black
17. Philadelphia-DT Sen'Derrick Marks
18. Denver-FS William Moore
19. New England-OG Duke Robinson
20. Detroit-DE Greg Hardy
21. Atlanta-TE Jermaine Gresham
22. Washington-LB Rey Mauluga
23. Miami-LB James Laurinitis
24. Baltimore-WR Darius Heyward-Bey
25. Indianapolis-DT Fili Moala
26. NY Jets-OT Jason Smith
27. Arizona-RB Javon Ringer
28. Tampa Bay-WR Percy Harvin
29. Pittsburgh-DE Tyson Jackson
30. Philadelphia-LB Sean Weatherspoon
31. NY Giants-CB Victor Harris
32. Tennessee-LB Brandon Spikes

33. Detroit-CB Alphonso Smith
34. Kansas City-DE Maurice Evans
35. Cincinnati-DT Peria Jerry
36. Seattle-WR Jauquin Iglesias
37. St. Louis-LB Marcus Freeman
38. Oakland-OT Jarmon Meredith
39. Houston-TE Brandon Pettigrew
40. San Francisco-OC Alex Mack
41. Jacksonville-WR Aaron Kelly
42. Cleveland-LB Gerald McRath
43. New England-RB CJ Spiller
44. New York Giants-OT Alex Boone
45. Buffalo-FS Patrick Chung
46. Chicago-QB Colt McCoy
47. Green Bay-SS Nic Harris
48. Minnesota-DT Vince Oghobaase
49. Philadelphia-CB Darius Buttler
50. Denver-SS Michael Hamlin
51. New England-LB Anthony Heygood
52. Dallas-FS Kam Chancellor
53. Atlanta-DE Greg Middleton
54. Miami-CB Trevor Lindley
55. Miami-WR Demetrius Byrd
56. Baltimore-CB Joe Burnett
57. Indianapolis-LB Derry Beckwith
58. New York Jets-DE Everette Brown
59. Arizona-TE Chase Coffman
60. Tampa Bay-OT Adam Ultaoski
61. Pittsburgh-OC Jonathan Luigis
62. Carolina-WR Kenny Britt
63. New York Giants-FS Derek Pegeus
64. Tennessee-DT Terrance Taylor

Rest of Bills Draft:
3. QB Nate Davis
4. OC AQ Shipley
5. WR Ramses Barden
6. TE Brandon Ledbetter
7. OG Louis Vasquez
Also, I highly doubt Philly targets another DT. They have invested heavily at the DT spot both in the draft and FA. Currently they are pretty strong up the middle.

What they do need badly is OL help. Tra Thomas is FA and may retire and Runyan is also FA and aging. I think they will go OT in the first round.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 09:07 PM
A lot of ppl consider Orakpo the top DE, why did you go with Selvie and Johnson ahead of him?

AND

you think Jacksonville would take another DE after selecting Harvey and Groves with their first 2 picks last year?

I like the Orakpo pick though, he seems like an Osi Umenyiora type player which we desperately need.

I dont see Ork as the top DE. Selvie has more skills and versatility and Johnson has more potential.

You need three good DE's to apply constant pressure to the opponent. One thing NYG showed us with Strahan, Osi, and Tuck. Plus you can go small on passing downs putting a DE at DT, or taking Groves and moving him to OLB where he has experience playing too. Not to mention Spicer is 33, and Hayward is 29 already so neither is a spring chicken.

Mahdi
11-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Warrick Dunn has had a fine career.

PECKERWOOD
11-18-2008, 09:09 PM
THE FIRST TWO PICKS, DROOL!!!

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Also, I highly doubt Philly targets another DT. They have invested heavily at the DT spot both in the draft and FA. Currently they are pretty strong up the middle.

What they do need badly is OL help. Tra Thomas is FA and may retire and Runyan is also FA and aging. I think they will go OT in the first round.

Invested heavily in two guys Patterson and Bunkley who have been disappointing so far. And the word bust is being whispered around after Patterson's name currently.

They could use an OT but they could move Jean-Gilles to OT where he played some of in college plus they did take Winston Justice three years ago or so to eventually play OT for them too. Id have them taking an OT in Round 3 more than likely.

Mahdi
11-18-2008, 09:11 PM
I dont see Ork as the top DE. Selvie has more skills and versatility and Johnson has more potential.

You need three good DE's to apply constant pressure to the opponent. One thing NYG showed us with Strahan, Osi, and Tuck. Plus you can go small on passing downs putting a DE at DT, or taking Groves and moving him to OLB where he has experience playing too. Not to mention Spicer is 33, and Hayward is 29 already so neither is a spring chicken.
Right but if you're going to add depth behind 2 top picks then you can do that later in the draft.

I really think Jacksonville needs playmakers at WR. They could also use some OL players on the inside and at T.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Warrick Dunn has had a fine career.

Warrick Dunn is an outlier though and not really a fair comparison either. Moreno is not really the same type of runner as Dunn.

Mahdi
11-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Invested heavily in two guys Patterson and Bunkley who have been disappointing so far. And the word bust is being whispered around after Patterson's name currently.

They could use an OT but they could move Jean-Gilles to OT where he played some of in college plus they did take Winston Justice three years ago or so to eventually play OT for them too. Id have them taking an OT in Round 3 more than likely.
Well there must be some reason their run D is so strong and Im sure their DTs have a lot to do with it.

Remember they also drafted Trevor Laws last year and he should have an expanded role next year.

Mahdi
11-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Warrick Dunn is an outlier though and not really a fair comparison either. Moreno is not really the same type of runner as Dunn.
I just mean that size means nothing. A good RB can avoid big hits and be productive no matter what body type he is.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Right but if you're going to add depth behind 2 top picks then you can do that later in the draft.

I really think Jacksonville needs playmakers at WR. They could also use some OL players on the inside and at T.

I dont disagree, but Selvie's value exceeds the Jags need for WR especially with such a deep class.

DraftBoy
11-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Well there must be some reason their run D is so strong and Im sure their DTs have a lot to do with it.

Remember they also drafted Trevor Laws last year and he should have an expanded role next year.

Philly is 11th in the NFL in Rush D, and a lot of that is their LB and attacking D scheme. Bradley has 76 tackles already and Bunkley has played much better this year but Patterson has still struggled. Also keep in mind they routinely have a S in the box too.

Laws could be a very good NFL DT, I like him a lot, but that doesnt mean you pass on a guy like Marks because of him. Marks has scary talent.

jpdex12
11-19-2008, 10:54 AM
1. Curry-OLB-Wake Forest
2. Coffman -TE- Missouri

Bryan

WOW, ESP!

DraftBoy
11-19-2008, 10:56 AM
1. Curry-OLB-Wake Forest
2. Coffman -TE- Missouri

Bryan

Coffman isn't really a 2nd Round prospect, I think he could be had in Round 3. That being said though I also think that we have bigger spots to fill right now than TE.

DE, OLB, QB, and OC could all be argued to be more important at this point. Yes it sucks to ignore the TE position again, but we got some big time issues here.

gr8slayer
11-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Coffman isn't really a 2nd Round prospect, I think he could be had in Round 3. That being said though I also think that we have bigger spots to fill right now than TE.

DE, OLB, QB, and OC could all be argued to be more important at this point. Yes it sucks to ignore the TE position again, but we got some big time issues here.
McCargo wasn't considered a first round prospect either by many in the scouting world but the Bills went ahead with it. Noting with this team would surprise me at this point.

And Warrick Dunn is a really bad comparison for Moreno.

DraftBoy
11-19-2008, 11:03 AM
McCargo wasn't considered a first round prospect either by many in the scouting world but the Bills went ahead with it. Noting with this team would surprise me at this point.

And Warrick Dunn is a really bad comparison for Moreno.

I know...I know...Dont remind me of the torture that was the McCargo pick...

I dont think he's trying to compare them as players as much as he is, just trying to make the point that size/build doesn't always matter.

gr8slayer
11-19-2008, 12:04 PM
I know...I know...Dont remind me of the torture that was the McCargo pick...

I dont think he's trying to compare them as players as much as he is, just trying to make the point that size/build doesn't always matter.
Moreno will not average more than 10-15 carries over his career. Mark it down. Remember what I told you about McFadden? It's becoming more and more true every day :up:

gr8slayer
11-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Don't forget about Ball State vs. Central Michigan tonight on ESPN2.

DraftBoy
11-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Moreno will not average more than 10-15 carries over his career. Mark it down. Remember what I told you about McFadden? It's becoming more and more true every day :up:

I disagree and we'll just have to see his stats dont back up your opinion on him. Yes the NFL is different but we will have to wait and see.

DraftBoy
11-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Don't forget about Ball State vs. Central Michigan tonight on ESPN2.

LeFevour, and Anderson v. Davis, and Love

Im ready to rock!

Devin
11-19-2008, 01:44 PM
nice mock db. I agree for the most part.

DraftBoy
11-19-2008, 02:05 PM
nice mock db. I agree for the most part.

Post more.

Dr. Lecter
11-19-2008, 02:06 PM
How about Curry instead of Orapko?

DraftBoy
11-19-2008, 02:14 PM
How about Curry instead of Orapko?

I could go either way to be honest, but you wont find a DE like Orapko later on where you could find a comparable OLB to Curry later on, or at least one with similar upside but less developed.

EDS
11-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Bowe and Crabtree would be freaking amazing; Bowe, Crabtree, Gonzalez + the best young QB in the NFL right now = years of great offense.

Thigpen?

gr8slayer
11-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Thigpen?
Best young QB in the NFL right now is Tyler Thigpen.

Dr. Lecter
11-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Thigpen is better than Ryan?

gr8slayer
11-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Thigpen is better than Ryan?
At this point in time I think Thigpen is playing better than any young QB in the NFL. When you take into consideration what he was expected to be coming out of college and what he has become he looks like he might redefine what the word "steal" means.

DraftBoy
11-19-2008, 05:38 PM
At this point in time I think Thigpen is playing better than any young QB in the NFL. When you take into consideration what he was expected to be coming out of college and what he has become he looks like he might redefine what the word "steal" means.

No way Dude. Ryan is seeing the field better, has more confidence in his play, and producing better than Thigpen in. Granted yes he does have more weapons but Ryan is ahead of Thigpen right now.

They are very similar QB's neither will blow you away physically but both have that "It" factor to their games. Nobody on here is a bigger Thigpen guy than me. I called this kid before Kiper, Mayock, McShay or anybody else even mentioned him. I said when he had his first start to watch out for him. I know the kid can play ball but he needs time, he still makes rookie mistakes. That being said, he may light us up on Sunday and have a career day, because he is quite capable of that.

EDS
11-19-2008, 05:51 PM
No way Dude. Ryan is seeing the field better, has more confidence in his play, and producing better than Thigpen in. Granted yes he does have more weapons but Ryan is ahead of Thigpen right now.

They are very similar QB's neither will blow you away physically but both have that "It" factor to their games. Nobody on here is a bigger Thigpen guy than me. I called this kid before Kiper, Mayock, McShay or anybody else even mentioned him. I said when he had his first start to watch out for him. I know the kid can play ball but he needs time, he still makes rookie mistakes. That being said, he may light us up on Sunday and have a career day, because he is quite capable of that.

Interesting. I never heard of him until this year and haven't seen him play - though I guess that will change this week.

I am still on the Cutler bandwagon, but who knows.

DraftBoy
11-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Interesting. I never heard of him until this year and haven't seen him play - though I guess that will change this week.

I am still on the Cutler bandwagon, but who knows.

Went to DI-AA (FCS) Coastal Carolina for college and only played two years because they are only just started their football program there. Put up good numbers with a bunch of guys who probably would even make a team like Appalachian State.

PECKERWOOD
11-19-2008, 06:54 PM

Coffman is a way better prospect than Rucker and Rucker was taken in the 4th round, I bet you 5k ZB's that Coffman is taken in the 2nd round or better.

DraftBoy
11-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Coffman is a way better prospect than Rucker and Rucker was taken in the 4th round, I bet you 5k ZB's that Coffman is taken in the 2nd round or better.

Fine, deal but where he is taken doesnt mean he is worth the pick. You still think John McCargo was a 1st Round prospect?

PECKERWOOD
11-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Fine, deal but where he is taken doesnt mean he is worth the pick. You still think John McCargo was a 1st Round prospect?

If you word it like that then I agree, I was very close to throwing the remote at the screen when we took McCargo, I was hoping that Nick Mangold was going to be our pick there. Anyways, why don't you think Coffman is worth a 2nd round pick? I like him better than Keller and Olsen, 2 other highly touted TE's to come out recently.

X-Era
11-19-2008, 08:58 PM

Theres no way Coffman goes in the 1st round.

Hes not fast enough or polished enough or proven enough to be worthy of it yet.

That said, I see him as a poor mans Jason Witten who was taken in the 1st round.

I like him as a prospect, Id like to have him as our TE. But he isnt what many here are looking for. Hes not a stretch the D, receiving threat. Hes a blocker first and foremost, whos size gives him better YAC than the smaller faster TE's.

Its the semi vs. the muscle car comparison, one can plow through traffic and take alot to stop, the other out runs you

hydro
11-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Theres no way Coffman goes in the 1st round.

Hes not fast enough or polished enough or proven enough to be worthy of it yet.

That said, I see him as a poor mans Jason Witten who was taken in the 1st round. Actually he was taken in the third round...

I like him as a prospect, Id like to have him as our TE. But he isnt what many here are looking for. Hes not a stretch the D, receiving threat. Hes a blocker first and foremost, whos size gives him better YAC than the smaller faster TE's.

Its the semi vs. the muscle car comparison, one can plow through traffic and take alot to stop, the other out runs you

X-Era
11-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Nice catch, my mistake. I was thinking of Anthony Becht

OK, Coffman is a Jason Witten clone then.

X-Era
11-19-2008, 09:16 PM
DB, what is it with you?

Josh Johnson now Nate Davis?

Arent these guys basically the next Travaris Jackson, Shaun King, Vince Young, or Mike Vick?

Athletic QB's look good in college, but there athleticism tends to mean they are not up to par between the ears.

The QB spot is more mental than physical IMO

Mike13
11-19-2008, 09:42 PM
What are the pros/cons on Byrd?

PECKERWOOD
11-19-2008, 10:30 PM
DB, what is it with you?

Arent these guys basically the next Travaris Jackson, Shaun King, Vince Young, or Mike Vick?

Athletic QB's look good in college, but there athleticism tends to mean they are not up to par between the ears.

I forgot the numbers but Josh Johnson was very responsible when it came to taking care of the football, he threw for like 30 TD's and only 3 INT's his final year, it was some ungodly number like that.

X-Era
11-20-2008, 06:16 AM
I forgot the numbers but Josh Johnson was very responsible when it came to taking care of the football, he threw for like 30 TD's and only 3 INT's his final year, it was some ungodly number like that.

Responsibility with the ball is not the same as being able to handle the much more mental NFL level. Poise, pocket presence, going through your reads, reading defenses. That stuff.

DraftBoy
11-20-2008, 07:31 AM
DB, what is it with you?

Nope not the same at all...Jackson is similar yes but with less pedigree than either Johnson or Davis. King, Young and Vick are nowhere near the same type of QB.

Johnson and Davis are different due to the fact that they are happy to stand in the pocket and throw rather than take off and run. They have good mechanics, good vision, and make progressions throughout the field. Davis has a better arm than Johnson but is not as athletic. Johnson is a more accurate passer.

Also BF you do Johnson a disservice it was a 43 to 1 TD to INT ratio last year while he also completely 66% of his passes.

Both of these guys have the mental ability to be successful NFL QB's. I grade Davis out higher than Johnson at this point. He is the leader of a Ball State team that will likely go undefeated and not get a BCS shot.

DraftBoy
11-20-2008, 07:32 AM
What are the pros/cons on Byrd?

You're going to have to be a little more specific...do you mean Jarius Byrd CB, Oregon, or Demetrius Byrd WR, LSU??

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 07:36 AM
Also BF you do Johnson a disservice it was a 43 to 1 TD to INT ratio last year while he also completely 66% of his passes.

Insanity, not even sure how 43 - 1 is possible.

gr8slayer
11-20-2008, 09:20 AM
DB, what is it with you?

DB likes his small school guys. I'm not as sold on Davis as DB is but I think Josh Johnson might have a chance in a few years.

DraftBoy
11-20-2008, 10:03 AM
DB likes his small school guys. I'm not as sold on Davis as DB is but I think Josh Johnson might have a chance in a few years.

I got a list of about 150-200 small school players Im almost done with that Ill release shortly along with new rankings which are way over due.

gr8slayer
11-20-2008, 10:04 AM
I got a list of about 150-200 small school players Im almost done with that Ill release shortly along with new rankings which are way over due.
Are you putting UNT in with the small schools? If so, where do you have Fitzgerald.

DraftBoy
11-20-2008, 10:50 AM
No small schools are FCS level of lower. Fitzgerald is in the 30s WR wise. Have to check the exact number when I get back home.

gr8slayer
11-20-2008, 11:22 AM
No small schools are FCS level of lower. Fitzgerald is in the 30s WR wise. Have to check the exact number when I get back home.
You'd be surprised, some sites have UNT as being a small school.

DraftBoy
11-20-2008, 11:26 AM
You'd be surprised, some sites have UNT as being a small school.

There problem I guess.

I dont feel like any D-IA (FBS) school is a small school.

gr8slayer
11-20-2008, 11:35 AM
There problem I guess.

I dont feel like any D-IA (FBS) school is a small school.
Especially not one with a student body over 35,000.

DraftBoy
11-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Especially not one with a student body over 35,000.

Well that and if you include FBS schools you have to choose some and exclude others and people will ***** and moan about it. I like to avoid that hastle.

Marvelous
11-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Laurinitis @ 23 :wtf:
and
no LB till the 23rd pick? Is it a bad year for LB studs like Rivers & Mayo? Or is this mock draft in favor of the mocker?

-GUYS, DE is a huuuuuge need, but NO-WAY are we locked into DE in the 1st.. There's still free agency and the possibility of this draft having stud DE's who are like last years WR's? WR's in the 2nd round last years draft. 6 or 7 WR's in the 2nd? if we we're to have quality DE's in this coming drafts 2nd round then we can do what mediocre teams do BPA baby!!!

DraftBoy
11-20-2008, 12:01 PM
and
no LB till the 23rd pick? Is it a bad year for LB studs like Rivers & Mayo? Or is this mock draft in favor of the mocker?

-GUYS, DE is a huuuuuge need, but NO-WAY are we locked into DE in the 1st.. There's still free agency and the possibility of this draft having stud DE's who are like last years WR's? WR's in the 2nd round last years draft. 6 or 7 WR's in the 2nd? if we we're to have quality DE's in this coming drafts 2nd round then we can do what mediocre teams do BPA baby!!!

Curry went 15 and Rey went 22....so I dont know what you are talking about exactly...

paladin warrior
11-20-2008, 02:01 PM
PLEASE NO MORE QB AND WR.. BILLS NEED VERY BAD.. GET DE DE DE DE LB.

X-Era
11-20-2008, 03:29 PM

were talking about the Bills here.

have a chance in a few years? it takes a few years to have a chance?

Im talking about legitimate upgrades guys. Replacing Ellison with Terrell Suggs is a serious upgrade, I don't think anyone can argue that.

THAT is the type of change that's required to make the leap that we need to make.

The last opportunity to make a big upgrade at QB like that was when Drew Brees was a FA. We may never see anything like that again. That leaves trades or the draft.

The chances of getting a draftee who can step in and make a significant upgrade right away is very small. But possible. Matt Ryan (assuming he would play the same here) would be an upgrade... maybe. But hes a 1st rounder whom nay, like me, said was one the best in several years to come out.

I dont feel there is a single QB in this upcoming draft who has as much potential as Matt Ryan did. They just rate out lower IMO.

That said, I like Graham Harrells game the best. Matt Stafford was my early favorite, but Ive seen him get pocket happy and make bad throws. Graham is as cool as it gets.

No, guys, Im going to be loud this year. We need significant upgrades or we remian utterly the same.

If you do what you have always done, you get what youve always got.

X-Era
11-20-2008, 03:33 PM
and

Its way stronger at the top at ILB than OLB. YOuve got 3 solid possible 1st rounders in Maualuga, Laurinitis, and Spikes. at OLB your only looking at Curry at this point. Unfortunately, OLB is the spot we need a replacement, not ILB. Unless you think we can move Poz outside or move the draftee outside.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Its way stronger at the top at ILB than OLB. YOuve got 3 solid possible 1st rounders in Maualuga, Laurinitis, and Spikes. at OLB your only looking at Curry at this point. Unfortunately, OLB is the spot we need a replacement, not ILB. Unless you think we can move Poz outside or move the draftee outside.

I'm not sure if he thought that but it's definately crossed my mind, that's for sure. I would love to have Rey or Laurinitis suit up at ILB for us and move Poz outside. I actually think that Poz would be best suited at WLB because he is so good in coverage.

gr8slayer
11-20-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure if he thought that but it's definately crossed my mind, that's for sure. I would love to have Rey or Laurinitis suit up at ILB for us and move Poz outside. I actually think that Poz would be best suited at WLB because he is so good in coverage.
Yeah not really, he lacks the hip movement to cover well.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 05:53 PM

:rofl:

At this point if I say the sky is blue, you will say it's red. We just can't find anything to agree on, can we?

gr8slayer
11-20-2008, 05:54 PM

At this point if I say the sky is blue, you will say it's red. We just can't find anything to agree on, can we?
I'm sure we can find something, I'll try; Trent Edwards has been one of the worst QB's in the NFL over the past four games. What say you?

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm sure we can find something, I'll try; Trent Edwards has been one of the worst QB's in the NFL over the past four games. What say you?

Agreed, but I'm not willing to throw in the towel on him long term, just yet.

gr8slayer
11-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Agreed, but I'm not willing to throw in the towel on him long term, just yet.
See? It's possible.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 06:02 PM
See? It's possible.

I can meet ya in the middle. :up:

Mitchell55
11-20-2008, 06:09 PM
I dont realy like it. We are so deep at FS that that can wait till 4th round. I have us with C, DE, TE, FS, G, QB, then TE. QB will be a very late pick.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 06:24 PM
I dont realy like it. We are so deep at FS that that can wait till 4th round. I have us with C, DE, TE, FS, G, QB, then TE. QB will be a very late pick.

For real? Simpson has been awful. It's a pretty bad sign when you're taking plays off so Bryan Scott can see more playing time on the field. I do think that you've pretty much nailed our positions of need, priority wise but after the 1st 2 picks it will probably be all about BPA, anyways. DE needs to be priority uno in the 1st round just because there is such a high demand for them, unless there is some kind of freak occurrence where they all start to drop like the WR's did last year.

X-Era
11-20-2008, 07:06 PM
So does your mom

Had to say it

SABURZFAN
11-21-2008, 09:47 AM
PLEASE NO MORE QB AND WR.. BILLS NEED VERY BAD.. GET DE DE DE DE LB.

Mike13
11-24-2008, 03:07 PM
You're going to have to be a little more specific...do you mean Jarius Byrd CB, Oregon, or Demetrius Byrd WR, LSU??

Demetrius Byrd.

psubills62
11-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Nice mock DB...you took my suggestion on Shipley, hm? Did you watch him run-block against MSU? He got to the second level really well, and just flattened that one LB on the TD run where Royster ran into Shipley.

I would absolutely love to get Orakpo.

DraftBoy
11-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Demetrius Byrd.

Demtetrius Byrd
6'1, 198, 4.49-40
Pros:
-Solid Size
-Good Routes
-Great hands
-Smooth In and Out of Cuts
-Speed
-YAC Ability

Cons:
-Consistency
-Bulk
-Limited Upside
-Focus

Overall:
Byrd signed with FIU out of HS but instead went to Pearl River CC for two years where he became a 5 star JUCO player and signed with LSU. He is currently LSU's top WR and the best bet at the next level. While he doenst have the cieling of a Brandon LaFell, he does have the skills to be a great slot WR and and a good #2 WR. He needs to add 10 pounds at least and he needs to go to a team that will make him focus on his play. He has run the 40 as fast a 4.39 (unofficially) but I think he'll be closer to 4.45 come combine time. Also he is listed as tall as 6'2 and small as 6'0, I think its closer to 6'1.