PDA

View Full Version : This is NOT on coaching

Oaf
11-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Most of you idiots blast the coaching every time we throw on 3rd and short or throw at all on the opposite side of the 40 late in the game.

Do you have any idea what you'd be saying if TE would have thrown a 4th pick or had gotten sacked to seal it on that drive or if Cleveland would have driven right back with the gamewinner with the extra timeouts we would have saved them on a incompletion or two? I do. "When we were so effective running the ball, why would ****ing Turk call PASSING plays, especially in that area of the field!!! Coaching singlehandedly costs us the game AGAIN and I'm gonna stop watching Bills!!! ****!!!!"
Same old stuff.

Or what you'd say on if Lynch continued his dominance and picked up 3 more yards or a first down and Cleveland was unable to get down the field with the meager remaining time? "Way to pound them into submission and take any hopes of a final drive away"
We ran the ball to take away the Browns' TO's, not risk a sack or INT, and because we were confident in Lindell.

Or if Lindell would have made the kick like he usually does?
"The coaches pulled their heads out of their asses and managed the game until the end. Great job by Fewell finally dialing up some effective blitzes and neutralizing Lewis"

Think about it, you know I'm right.

This game was lost based on execution:
1. 3 Edwards picks that led to points instead of punts or scores for us
2. Jackson fumble in Browns territory
3. Corner finding a way to whiff on the blitz
4. McKelvin dropping the athletic pick
5. Simpson dropping the athletic pick
6. OL not moving people on last 3 runs
7. Lindell missing kick

You realize that if we execute ONE of those, we win? But still, we get "JARON SUKSS!!!!!"

On a side note, Fewell did a commendable job if you ask me giving up what he did after 3 Edwards picks and without Greer/Whitner/Crowell/Schobel. Finally got effective pressure, didn't let Lewis run over them in the 4th (BIG surprise!)

Game Balls:
Lynch
McKelvin
McGee (without some of his tremendous deep ball plays against Braylon, this game isn't even close. He is still a playmaker and reestablished himself as a great starter here even without Greer and Whitner. Don't think nearly all of Edwards' yards were on him)

Consideration:
Jackson (great job on kickoffs and was solely responsible for starting our offense. Fumble brings it down a bit)
Butler (BIG difference out there)
Stroud (Performance of the year if he blocks that FG)

Goats:
Simpson (useless IMO)
Ellison (on Harrison run)
Kelsay (useless period [again])
Edwards (Couldn't throw it all night consistently, gotta trust in Evans)
Lindell (Shoulda made the effing kick)

Anyone realize we got hit by Wide Right TWICE? Where was Stroud's arm in relation to the ball?

Finally, I again want to say we lost this game on execution, not on coaching. Either that or it was Losman not offering Trent any sage proverbs of football wisdom on the sideline.

I was sick after last night (should have seen my facebook status) but I predict we'll rebound in a big way next few weeks (as per the thread I revived last week about losing 5 in a row)
:gobills:

DBrown77
11-18-2008, 08:00 PM
you're probably right. frustration is mounting though

Nighthawk
11-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Umm, you are confused. See the light and you will see the truth.

Oaf
11-18-2008, 08:13 PM
you're probably right. frustration is mounting though

Agreed there sir.

Umm, you are confused. See the light and you will see the truth.

Lol, and to think why I took you off ignore.. Thanks for the succinct argument. Again, I think Jauron and co. are failing as coaches especially against the Jets and Pats, but they are not the reason we lost this game.

Nighthawk
11-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Agreed there sir.

Lol, and to think why I took you off ignore.. Thanks for the succinct argument. Again, I think Jauron and co. are failing as coaches especially against the Jets and Pats, but they are not the reason we lost this game.

Listen, I'm not going to argue with you. If you, for some reason, believe that Dickey is a good coach and want him to continue to be the HC of this team, then that is your problem. There are many reasons to not like this guy, he hasn't proven a thing, but the ability to constantly screw things up. If you like that in a HC, then so be it. I, for one, would eventually like a winner coaching this team and would actually like to see a championship in Buffalo before I die.

SpillerThrills
11-18-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm not gonna say that the coaching staff wasn't to blame for parts of the game, however trent was scared to throw another pick. 10 out of 16 completions were to Lynch. he was rushing to check down and find an "easy" throw. several times he had either Evans, Parrish or Johnson open downfield and dumped it off to Lynch....

trapezeus
11-18-2008, 08:42 PM
i agree with what you said to a large degree. the coaching issue wasn't a big issue this week. however, you put 7 points where one play needs to be made over 4 quarters. if it was literally one or two plays, "you win some, you lose some." when there is a slew of missed chances and lack of execution, it falls on the coaches shoulders. he has to get at least one guy the confidence and the urgency to make that play.

i did think that trent played so poorly, that they were handcuffed on play calling. they saw what we saw. an unsure QB who needed his checkdown. i'm sure the coaches weren't asking for that play, but they have to get trent out of this funk. its not just on the players.

Tatonka
11-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Oaf.. go back and watch the harrison play.. i dont think you can blame ellison.. at least not completely.. mitchell got blown 10 feet off the ball because he was running his mouth and looking the other way at the snap of the ball.. he got destroyed.

OpIv37
11-18-2008, 09:14 PM
The last 3 teams we've played used the same basic defensive strategy- rush 3 or 4, drop everyone into coverage. And Trent was still woefully unprepared. That's on coaching.

The team squandered 5 time-outs. That's on coaching.

The play-calling before the 4th FG was ultra conservative and didn't get Lindell any closer. That's on coaching.

Trent's 3rd pick came from a spread formation on 3rd and short. The pick's on Trent, the formation's on coaching.

Poor execution can make good coaching seem bad, and good execution can bail out the coaches.

So many people had a hand in this loss that it's hard to pin it on any one person or unit, but don't let the lack of execution fool you. The coaching was one of many failures.

airdog32
11-18-2008, 10:02 PM
1st off the coaching does suck and TE was getting his MOJO back a play action pass and dump off or a boot leg would of givin us a much better chance than to settle for a 47 yd att into the wind, this team is a typical when it comes to play calling, who cares if TE would of cost us the game its called gusto and BUFFALO's coaching staff does not translate this to it's players. I am no coach but I am a fan who is sick of our coaching staff costing us games!!!!! The bills of the 90's and Jimbo would of never settled for 3 runs one shot at least!!!! DJ is like the republican party takes what is given never takes what he wants as long he is involved in this team expect 9 - 7 or worse and no playoffs!

jamze132
11-18-2008, 11:50 PM
I was extremely pissed that we did 3 bull**** runs at the end because we thought we were in a good enough position. I was screaming at the TV before 3rd down to run a bootleg, obviously Dick and Turk are smarter than me. Even if Trent runs for 3 yards, Lindell probably scoots that ball through the uprights.

Piss poor coaching under a minute to go.

tat2dmike77
11-18-2008, 11:57 PM
It was piss poor playing calling. The way the Bills were running the ball there could of been some play action plays on that final drive to atleast try. Not even just on that final drive. The Bills had the Browns worried about the run all game yet no play action at all.

Also i have never cared for Jaruon from day one. He is a slight upgrade from Mularky and a downgrade from Gregg Williams. At least when williams was here we had good defenses.

feldspar
11-19-2008, 02:08 AM
Most of you idiots blast the coaching every time we throw on 3rd and short

Most of us idiots blast the coaching staff when we throw on 3rd and 1 with an empty backfield. This tells the defense that we are going to pass, and that's just plain stupid.

Night Train
11-19-2008, 05:11 AM
Ask youself if the opposing coach is consistently outcoaching Jauron.

Preparation, proper scheming, playcalling, game management (clock,time outs).

I'm well aware of our talent and weaknesses at certain positions. Funny how many other teams can overcome this and still find a way to win vs. subpar teams. Right now, the struggles aren't just against the elite but teams we should beat.

This is year 3 of Jauron & his act may be played out. Looks like he's struggling and out of ideas.

mybills
11-19-2008, 06:20 AM
While we witnessed Trent having a mental melt down in the first quarter, it doesn't do his confidence any good to abandon the throwing game all together. That wasn't his choice, that was a coaching decision. They are destroying him right before our eyes.

so yes, I'll blame the coach.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Most of you idiots blast the coaching every time we throw on 3rd and short or throw at all on the opposite side of the 40 late in the game.

Do you have any idea what you'd be saying if TE would have thrown a 4th pick or had gotten sacked to seal it on that drive or if Cleveland would have driven right back with the gamewinner with the extra timeouts we would have saved them on a incompletion or two? I do. "When we were so effective running the ball, why would ****ing Turk call PASSING plays, especially in that area of the field!!! Coaching singlehandedly costs us the game AGAIN and I'm gonna stop watching Bills!!! ****!!!!"
Same old stuff.

Or what you'd say on if Lynch continued his dominance and picked up 3 more yards or a first down and Cleveland was unable to get down the field with the meager remaining time? "Way to pound them into submission and take any hopes of a final drive away"
We ran the ball to take away the Browns' TO's, not risk a sack or INT, and because we were confident in Lindell.

Or if Lindell would have made the kick like he usually does?
"The coaches pulled their heads out of their asses and managed the game until the end. Great job by Fewell finally dialing up some effective blitzes and neutralizing Lewis"

Think about it, you know I'm right.

This game was lost based on execution:
1. 3 Edwards picks that led to points instead of punts or scores for us
2. Jackson fumble in Browns territory
3. Corner finding a way to whiff on the blitz
4. McKelvin dropping the athletic pick
5. Simpson dropping the athletic pick
6. OL not moving people on last 3 runs
7. Lindell missing kick

You realize that if we execute ONE of those, we win? But still, we get "JARON SUKSS!!!!!"

On a side note, Fewell did a commendable job if you ask me giving up what he did after 3 Edwards picks and without Greer/Whitner/Crowell/Schobel. Finally got effective pressure, didn't let Lewis run over them in the 4th (BIG surprise!)

Game Balls:
Lynch
McKelvin
McGee (without some of his tremendous deep ball plays against Braylon, this game isn't even close. He is still a playmaker and reestablished himself as a great starter here even without Greer and Whitner. Don't think nearly all of Edwards' yards were on him)

Consideration:
Jackson (great job on kickoffs and was solely responsible for starting our offense. Fumble brings it down a bit)
Butler (BIG difference out there)
Stroud (Performance of the year if he blocks that FG)

Goats:
Simpson (useless IMO)
Ellison (on Harrison run)
Kelsay (useless period [again])
Edwards (Couldn't throw it all night consistently, gotta trust in Evans)
Lindell (Shoulda made the effing kick)

Anyone realize we got hit by Wide Right TWICE? Where was Stroud's arm in relation to the ball?

Finally, I again want to say we lost this game on execution, not on coaching. Either that or it was Losman not offering Trent any sage proverbs of football wisdom on the sideline.

I was sick after last night (should have seen my facebook status) but I predict we'll rebound in a big way next few weeks (as per the thread I revived last week about losing 5 in a row)
:gobills:

It's the coaches job to make sure the players can execute. Coaching is the no.1 problem. The anouncers expalined that a week before, we were the only team that didn't run a play action. Quinn ran it successfully several times monday night. We barely used it even when we were running well. Does Turk even know what a screen pass is? HOw can you not practice that with a speedy wr like Parrish?