PDA

View Full Version : Take care everyone

DrGraves
11-18-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm done for the season. I'll be back around the draft with a new seasons worth of false hope.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 08:32 PM
Have a good one. Things will change once Ralph is gone.

Bling
11-18-2008, 08:33 PM
:wave:

shelby
11-18-2008, 08:39 PM
quitters never win...i'm just sayin'.

take care man.

Nighthawk
11-18-2008, 08:40 PM
quitters never win...i'm just sayin'.

take care man.

You're right about that...no wonder this team never wins...Ralphy has already quit.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 08:41 PM
You're right about that...no wonder this team never wins...Ralphy has already quit.
He quit years ago.

Nighthawk
11-18-2008, 08:42 PM
He quit years ago.

Did he really ever try?

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Did he really ever try?
Apparently not hard enough, he's had long enough to win a real championship and has failed.

BillsWin
Take care bro. see you around draft day.

Go Bills...

DBrown77
I'm done for the season. I'll be back around the draft with a new seasons worth of false hope. i understand your frustration, but remember real fans stick through the good and bad. unfortunately we have had 10 years of bad. Thats what makes Buffalo fans so great.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 08:44 PM
i understand your frustration, but remember real fans stick through the good and bad. unfortunately we have had 10 years of bad. Thats what makes Buffalo fans so stupid.
Fixed :up:

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2008, 08:45 PM
I honestly can't blame anyone anymore for quitting on the Bills. Seriously, "real" fans? All of us have stuck through some really ****ty times, but when do you draw the line? You can only be kicked by a mule so many times before you figure out not to stand behind it.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 08:47 PM
I honestly can't blame anyone anymore for quitting on the Bills. Seriously, "real" fans? All of us have stuck through some really ****ty times, but when do you draw the line? You can only be kicked by a mule so many times before you figure out not to stand behind it.
I compare it to being an abused wife.

casdhf
11-18-2008, 08:47 PM
I disagree. This is my team as long as they're here. I'll take the kick as many times as I can.

SquishDaFish
11-18-2008, 08:49 PM
I agree with Cas

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2008, 08:50 PM
I disagree. This is my team as long as they're here. I'll take the kick as many times as I can.

I'm not saying I myself am giving up my fandom, but can you honestly blame anyone who does, at this point? I can't.

chernobylwraiths
11-18-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm not saying I myself am giving up my fandom, but can you honestly blame anyone who does, at this point? I can't.

Yeah, they're quitters. But there are tons of them.

Losing stings sometimes, but I'm there the next week cheering them on thinking they can win. We have a team and one that in my lifetime was great. How about Arizona, Detroit, Cleveland, Houston etc.

Mad Bomber
11-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Bye bye...:bigwave:

Don't hurry back...

I've been a Bills fan since LONG before you were probably born. But I'm still here...

im4bflo
11-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Some can't take the low's along with the highs, but that's part of being a DIEHARD. It hurts us all, season's like this, if you've been a BILLS fan since the
60's, you've had more of these than most.
I was born a BUFFALO BILLS fan, WNY PROUD of all our teams, you've all heard the term, bleeding your teams colors, well there's no doubt in my mind what colors are in my blood, rooting for BUFFALO isn't a choice, I am BUFFALO, and no other team will take it's place, no matter what.
LET'S GO BUF-FA-LO! :beer:

Tatonka
11-18-2008, 09:26 PM
i understand your frustration, but remember real fans stick through the good and bad. unfortunately we have had 10 years of bad. Thats what makes Buffalo fans so great.

bro.. we have had an eternity of bad.. i was talking to a friend today and he asked me.. has your season EVER ended up good? the answer was no.. not once in 21 years has it ever ended up good.

this team doesnt give any good.. so that leaves just sticking through the bad..

and to be honest.. you know why I and a lot of fans keep coming back? habit.

that is all.

the same reason i smoke.. when i know it is no good for me.

Bling
11-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Some can't take the low's along with the highs, but that's part of being a DIEHARD. It hurts us all, season's like this, if you've been a BILLS fan since the
I was born a BUFFALO BILLS fan, WNY PROUD of all our teams, you've all heard the term, bleeding your teams colors, well there's no doubt in my mind what colors are in my blood, rooting for BUFFALO isn't a choice, I am BUFFALO, and no other team will take it's place, no matter what.

You're the ultimate fan! Props!

OpIv37
11-18-2008, 09:35 PM

What highs? When was the last time this team had a high? When was the last time we won a game with in the playoffs or even with playoff implications? When was the last time we beat a superior opponent or won on national TV?

When you look at return on investment- what fans get back for what they put into the team- this has to be one of the worst teams in pro sports. We have rabid, loyal, diehard fans who never get anything but a kick to the nuts for their loyalty.

I'm sticking with the Bills because it's in my blood, but it's rarely enjoyable and at this point I really can't blame anyone for jumping off the bandwagon.

Sometimes we forget that sports teams are corporations. Would you treat any other business this way? If you got 10 consecutive bad meals at a restaurant, would you go back? If you paid for cable every month but half the channels didn't come in, would you continue to pay? If you had to take your car to the shop every other month, would you trade it in for the same kind of car? We as fans take more **** from sports teams than we ever would from any other type of business, and we do it proudly.

Yes, we're loyal and we're diehard. But we're also idiots.

Tatonka
11-18-2008, 09:52 PM
What highs? When was the last time this team had a high? When was the last time we won a game with in the playoffs or even with playoff implications? When was the last time we beat a superior opponent or won on national TV?

When you look at return on investment- what fans get back for what they put into the team- this has to be one of the worst teams in pro sports. We have rabid, loyal, diehard fans who never get anything but a kick to the nuts for their loyalty.

I'm sticking with the Bills because it's in my blood, but it's rarely enjoyable and at this point I really can't blame anyone for jumping off the bandwagon.

Sometimes we forget that sports teams are corporations. Would you treat any other business this way? If you got 10 consecutive bad meals at a restaurant, would you go back? If you paid for cable every month but half the channels didn't come in, would you continue to pay? If you had to take your car to the shop every other month, would you trade it in for the same kind of car? We as fans take more **** from sports teams than we ever would from any other type of business, and we do it proudly.

awesome awesome post.

VeggieMan14
11-18-2008, 09:57 PM
I don't understand how people can quit on this team... I started liking the Bills when Drew Bledsoe came here (haha I know) and if i am correct i do not think we had a winning record any of those years and I have stayed loyal so I am not understanding how people can just quit

sdbillsfan2
11-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Ok , I understand what a "REAL" fan is , but will somebody tell me what a real Bills team is suppose to look like ? I forgot!

im4bflo
11-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Every draft, I'm high. Start of the season, training camp, I'm flying!!!
Every mornings kickoff, I'm high. Everytime we win, I'm HIGH!!!
And no other team can give me that high, I know it.
Yeah we're not one of the teams that have SB Championships,
everyone want's to be, we're not the only team without one,
but none of those SB teams can get me high as a Sunday morn
at the RALPH! Or time for kickoff at home or at your Billsbackers bar.
I look at that packed with the 12th MAN red,white&blue stadium,
and I get a feeling that no other stadium can come close to, I'm HIGH!!!
What high's you ask? Well if you havn't felt any of those high's, I feel sorry
for you, because it's AWESOME!

chernobylwraiths
11-19-2008, 06:20 AM
bro.. we have had an eternity of bad.. i was talking to a friend today and he asked me.. has your season EVER ended up good? the answer was no.. not once in 21 years has it ever ended up good.

and to be honest.. you know why I and a lot of fans keep coming back? habit.

that is all.

the same reason i smoke.. when i know it is no good for me.

What?! Is winning a championship the ONLY thing that makes a good season?

chernobylwraiths
11-19-2008, 06:29 AM

No, the only thing that is in your blood is *****ing. Go. Hey, us "diehards" will stay because we love the team. We don't like the losing any more than you guys do, we just don't incessantly ***** about it. As an "old timer" I went to bed Monday night a little pissed and very disappointed, but I woke up the next day with not much of a problem. I still got annoyed when thinking about the game and talking about the stupid coaching decisions, terrible QB play, lack of TO from the defense, but it just doesn't bother me as much because it is just not that important in my life. I love the Bills and Sabres, but I'm not losing much sleep over them not winning it all right now. I used to be there, miserable for days/weeks over poor play, but I realized there are much more important things in my life that how the local pro teams are doing. I still don't like to have to hear/read all the crap about how we are terrible and how we need to make a change every day from fans of the team. I also laugh at the "I'm done with this team" and "I can't take it anymore" posts from some fans and in some cases I really hope they aren't lying.

mybills
11-19-2008, 06:38 AM
I'll always be a Bills fan, but I can't watch this crap. I just got 30 more gray hairs. I'm only watching televised games..which will prolly be 1 more, because watching them play this bad = wasting gas to go to the bar.

BlackMetalNinja
11-19-2008, 07:10 AM
I'm just as frustrated and annoyed as everybody else with the current state of affairs. But I know damn well where I'll be Sunday afternoon at 1pm, I'd only be fooling myself if I said anything different.

mybills
11-19-2008, 07:13 AM
But you have direct tv.
Would you use the gas to get there if you didn't?

BlackMetalNinja
11-19-2008, 07:29 AM
But you have direct tv.
Would you use the gas to get there if you didn't?Where I live now... perhaps not, dependent on whether or not my wife was working. Where I lived before, yes, because it was right around the corner.

OpIv37
11-19-2008, 07:31 AM
No, the only thing that is in your blood is *****ing. Go. Hey, us "diehards" will stay because we love the team. We don't like the losing any more than you guys do, we just don't incessantly ***** about it. As an "old timer" I went to bed Monday night a little pissed and very disappointed, but I woke up the next day with not much of a problem. I still got annoyed when thinking about the game and talking about the stupid coaching decisions, terrible QB play, lack of TO from the defense, but it just doesn't bother me as much because it is just not that important in my life. I love the Bills and Sabres, but I'm not losing much sleep over them not winning it all right now. I used to be there, miserable for days/weeks over poor play, but I realized there are much more important things in my life that how the local pro teams are doing. I still don't like to have to hear/read all the crap about how we are terrible and how we need to make a change every day from fans of the team. I also laugh at the "I'm done with this team" and "I can't take it anymore" posts from some fans and in some cases I really hope they aren't lying.

We're not winning AT ALL right now, and we've never won IT ALL and probably never will. That's the problem. It's not just that we're not "winning it all right now." We're friggin terrible and we're no better than we were 3 years ago when the new staff took over or 3 years before that when the last regime took over. It's not about "winning it all" and it's not about "right now." These are extremely frustrating long-term trends.

It's great that you have more important things in your life than the Bills and Sabres, but this site is called "billszone.com", not "chernslifeoutsideofsports.com".

Mad Bomber
11-19-2008, 07:55 AM
I'm done for the season. I'll be back around the draft with a new seasons worth of false hope.

You're giving up on the season?

Hey, with Dick at the helm, we're headed for a smooth landing at the end of the season.
http://www.billszone.com/gallery2/d/42459-2/InFlames_copy_0.jpg (http://www.billszone.com/gallery2/v/private_user_galleries/Mad+Bomber/New+album/InFlames_copy_0.jpg.html)

...Oops.

Patti120
11-19-2008, 08:08 AM
I compare it to being an abused wife.

The term for this is "learned helplessness" and unfortunately most of us seem to be stuck there.

chernobylwraiths
11-19-2008, 08:28 AM
We're not winning AT ALL right now, and we've never won IT ALL and probably never will. That's the problem. It's not just that we're not "winning it all right now." We're friggin terrible and we're no better than we were 3 years ago when the new staff took over or 3 years before that when the last regime took over. It's not about "winning it all" and it's not about "right now." These are extremely frustrating long-term trends.

It's great that you have more important things in your life than the Bills and Sabres, but this site is called "billszone.com", not "chernslifeoutsideofsports.com".

Yeah we suck. We're 5 and 5 and have no chance at anything. :rolleyes:

Hey, all I'm saying is if you make a proclamation to walk away, the least you could do is walk away. If you are so frustrated then don't watch. If you hate dick jauron, then say it once or twice. I just see the same *****ing and *****ing and *****ing and whining over and over and over and over. Threads like this is why I even came back here. Maybe with some of these types gone it will be less cluttered over here with crap and maybe more people with something constructive to say will come back instead of staying away like the plague.

OpIv37
11-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Yeah we suck. We're 5 and 5 and have no chance at anything. :rolleyes:

Hey, all I'm saying is if you make a proclamation to walk away, the least you could do is walk away. If you are so frustrated then don't watch. If you hate dick jauron, then say it once or twice. I just see the same *****ing and *****ing and *****ing and whining over and over and over and over. Threads like this is why I even came back here. Maybe with some of these types gone it will be less cluttered over here with crap and maybe more people with something constructive to say will come back instead of staying away like the plague.

We do suck.

We lost 4 in a row and 5 of 6. We have yet to beat a single winning team. The combined records of the teams we beat is atrocious (and we barely beat most of them). We're 0-3 in the division. There are currently 5 teams ahead of us for wild cards and they ALL have the tiebreaker advantage.

Technically, we still have a chance. Realistically, we do not.

Here's the problem: you say it's *****ing over and over again. It is- because the SAME problems lead to losses over and over again. Someone *****es that Trent sucked in the Miami game? Well guess what? He sucked in the Jets game, the NE game and the Browns game. So, now there's a moratorium on criticizing him because we already did it 3 weeks ago about a different game? That's just absurd.

Same goes with Jauron. Why do people constantly ***** about him? Because every week he does something stupid and recently those stupid things are costing us games. I don't know how you expect people to say anything constructive without discussing the most recent game, and I don't know how you expect people to discuss the most recent game without criticizing Jauron or Edwards because the criticism is well-deserved.

You say, "well, my life is good so I don't feel the need to ***** about the Bills." Well, then why are you here? This board isn't about discussing what's right with our lives, it's about the Buffalo Bills and they're giving us plenty to ***** about.

Wally The Barber
11-19-2008, 08:57 AM
When the Bills win the next 2 then go on to defeat the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins where will you be then?

Just wondering?

BlackMetalNinja
11-19-2008, 08:59 AM
When the Bills win the next 2 then go on to defeat the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins where will you be then?

Just wondering?My guess is sound asleep in a nice warm bed... followed by angry perhaps when somebody wakes me up from my wonderful dreams.

SABURZFAN
11-19-2008, 09:00 AM

take justajerkoff with you.

chernobylwraiths
11-19-2008, 11:10 AM
We do suck.

We lost 4 in a row and 5 of 6. We have yet to beat a single winning team. The combined records of the teams we beat is atrocious (and we barely beat most of them). We're 0-3 in the division. There are currently 5 teams ahead of us for wild cards and they ALL have the tiebreaker advantage.

Technically, we still have a chance. Realistically, we do not.

Here's the problem: you say it's *****ing over and over again. It is- because the SAME problems lead to losses over and over again. Someone *****es that Trent sucked in the Miami game? Well guess what? He sucked in the Jets game, the NE game and the Browns game. So, now there's a moratorium on criticizing him because we already did it 3 weeks ago about a different game? That's just absurd.

Same goes with Jauron. Why do people constantly ***** about him? Because every week he does something stupid and recently those stupid things are costing us games. I don't know how you expect people to say anything constructive without discussing the most recent game, and I don't know how you expect people to discuss the most recent game without criticizing Jauron or Edwards because the criticism is well-deserved.

You say, "well, my life is good so I don't feel the need to ***** about the Bills." Well, then why are you here? This board isn't about discussing what's right with our lives, it's about the Buffalo Bills and they're giving us plenty to ***** about.

No, we don't suck. We aren't playing well right now, but with people like you, there are no shades of gray, there is no mediocre, it is either suck or great.

True, we didn't beat any team with a winning record, but in only one of the games we lost did we have no realistic chance to win in the 4th quarter. So, that makes us awful?

Yes, it is the same stuff that is happening week in and week out. Does virtually everyone know this? I'm guessing yes. Do you ever get tired of typing the same thing over and over? I'm thinking no. Do people get tired of reading the same thing or variations of it? I'm thinking yes.

I don't like Jauron and never wanted us to hire him. I would fire him today and hire Marty Schottenheimer before he was packed.

I never said my life was great, I said there are more important things in my life. I LOVE the Buffalo Bills and want them to do well (except for maybe that Christmas Day game against Cincy a couple years ago).

I can understand the frustration, but I am not walking away from the team I root for. BRING ON KC!!!

OpIv37
11-19-2008, 11:37 AM
No, we don't suck. We aren't playing well right now, but with people like you, there are no shades of gray, there is no mediocre, it is either suck or great.

True, we didn't beat any team with a winning record, but in only one of the games we lost did we have no realistic chance to win in the 4th quarter. So, that makes us awful?

Yes, it is the same stuff that is happening week in and week out. Does virtually everyone know this? I'm guessing yes. Do you ever get tired of typing the same thing over and over? I'm thinking no. Do people get tired of reading the same thing or variations of it? I'm thinking yes.

I don't like Jauron and never wanted us to hire him. I would fire him today and hire Marty Schottenheimer before he was packed.

I never said my life was great, I said there are more important things in my life. I LOVE the Buffalo Bills and want them to do well (except for maybe that Christmas Day game against Cincy a couple years ago).

I can understand the frustration, but I am not walking away from the team I root for. BRING ON KC!!!

I really don't know how you define suck, but did you see what I just wrote? We killed one bad team and barely beat 4 other teams that range from mediocre to bad. We've lost to every team we've played with a winning record, plus the Browns who were 3-6 going in. We've lost 4 straight and 5 of 6. We're 0-3 in the division. We don't suck because we almost didn't lose those games? Give me a break- this is exactly what I mean when I say Bills fans have accepted mediocrity.

If you want to use that logic, we almost didn't win against the Rams, Chargers, Raiders and Jaguars because all those teams were still in it late in the games. If you downplay losses because we kept it close, you also have to downplay wins where the opponent kept it close.

If people get tired of reading about what happened to their team in the most recent game, then I have to wonder why they're on a message board devoted to that team in the first place.

I'm not walking away either, and no one said you had to walk away. But at this point, can you really blame people for having that level of frustration with this team?

chernobylwraiths
11-19-2008, 11:44 AM
I really don't know how you define suck, but did you see what I just wrote? We killed one bad team and barely beat 4 other teams that range from mediocre to bad. We've lost to every team we've played with a winning record, plus the Browns who were 3-6 going in. We've lost 4 straight and 5 of 6. We're 0-3 in the division. We don't suck because we almost didn't lose those games? Give me a break- this is exactly what I mean when I say Bills fans have accepted mediocrity.

If you want to use that logic, we almost didn't win against the Rams, Chargers, Raiders and Jaguars because all those teams were still in it late in the games. If you downplay losses because we kept it close, you also have to downplay wins where the opponent kept it close.

If people get tired of reading about what happened to their team in the most recent game, then I have to wonder why they're on a message board devoted to that team in the first place.

I'm not walking away either, and no one said you had to walk away. But at this point, can you really blame people for having that level of frustration with this team?

You say I can't use "we barely lost to 4 of the teams" but in your SECOND SENTENCE you wrote we barely beat 4 other teams. Then you repeat it as a mock against me, maybe not realizing you just wrote it already. Talk about double standard. What I'm saying is we are in every game and not getting blow out.

No, I don't blame them, but for those that say they quit and won't cheer for the team anymore, I say "good riddance".

And I'll say it again, we don't suck.

mybills
11-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Jeez...

cw- Do you ever get tired of typing the same thing over and over? I'm thinking no. Do people get tired of reading the same thing or variations of it? I'm thinking yes.

Op-We killed one bad team and barely beat 4 other teams that range from mediocre to bad. We've lost to every team we've played with a winning record, plus the Browns who were 3-6 going in. We've lost 4 straight and 5 of 6. We're 0-3 in the division. We don't suck because we almost didn't lose those games? Give me a break- this is exactly what I mean when I say Bills fans have accepted mediocrity.

Op this is why I asked you the other day why you do this. The majority of us already KNOW the flaws this team has. We do not need it pointed out to us on a constant basis, especially on or right before game day. Your post game articles are well written recaps, and that should be enough. But it never is. You are like the energizer bunny when it comes to pointing out the flaws. Again, this is why I asked if you get your kicks out of doing that.

OpIv37
11-19-2008, 12:04 PM
You say I can't use "we barely lost to 4 of the teams" but in your SECOND SENTENCE you wrote we barely beat 4 other teams. Then you repeat it as a mock against me, maybe not realizing you just wrote it already. Talk about double standard. What I'm saying is we are in every game and not getting blow out.

No, I don't blame them, but for those that say they quit and won't cheer for the team anymore, I say "good riddance".

And I'll say it again, we don't suck.

Being in every game doesn't mean we don't suck. That's accepting mediocrity. WINNING games means we don't suck.

What I meant by saying we barely won was simply to point out the level of performance from this team. We lose to good teams, we barely beat bad teams. That's as mediocre as it gets. You want to give us credit for staying in the games in some of the losses, yet don't want to subtract credit for allowing inferior opponents to stay in games against us. That's the only double standard here.

OpIv37
11-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Jeez...

cw- Do you ever get tired of typing the same thing over and over? I'm thinking no. Do people get tired of reading the same thing or variations of it? I'm thinking yes.

Op-We killed one bad team and barely beat 4 other teams that range from mediocre to bad. We've lost to every team we've played with a winning record, plus the Browns who were 3-6 going in. We've lost 4 straight and 5 of 6. We're 0-3 in the division. We don't suck because we almost didn't lose those games? Give me a break- this is exactly what I mean when I say Bills fans have accepted mediocrity.

Op this is why I asked you the other day why you do this. The majority of us already KNOW the flaws this team has. We do not need it pointed out to us on a constant basis, especially on or right before game day. Your post game articles are well written recaps, and that should be enough. But it never is. You are like the energizer bunny when it comes to pointing out the flaws. Again, this is why I asked if you get your kicks out of doing that.

Chern is trying to say we don't suck. Clearly, he doesn't know. Clearly, he needs to be reminded. If you look at my posts, I rarely start threads pointing out things people already know. I'm mostly responding to other posters, as in this case. He says we don't suck, what I typed suggests the polar opposite (every ounce of which is a TRUE FACT- no lies exaggerations or opinions).

So, if someone posts something that's inaccurate or that I disagree with, I'm going to respond to it, even if it means repeating something I said before.

How many times have people repeated that Lynch is a "beast"? Or that Whitner is a "hard hitter"? Or that Edwards is a "smart QB"? Or that Moorman is the best punter in the game? Go read BuffaloFever's posts and see how many times he's pimped Mitchell. Why haven't you called him out for repeating himself?

You never complain about people doing that. You never accuse people of trying to get "kicks" by repeating good things about the team.

The point is that I say things about the team you'd rather not think about. It's easier for you just to ignore them and attack me rather than to come to grips to the fact that they're actually relevant to the topics about this team being discussed on the board.

chernobylwraiths
11-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Chern is trying to say we don't suck. Clearly, he doesn't know. Clearly, he needs to be reminded. If you look at my posts, I rarely start threads pointing out things people already know. I'm mostly responding to other posters, as in this case. He says we don't suck, what I typed suggests the polar opposite (every ounce of which is a TRUE FACT- no lies exaggerations or opinions).

So, if someone posts something that's inaccurate or that I disagree with, I'm going to respond to it, even if it means repeating something I said before.

How many times have people repeated that Lynch is a "beast"? Or that Whitner is a "hard hitter"? Or that Edwards is a "smart QB"? Or that Moorman is the best punter in the game? Go read BuffaloFever's posts and see how many times he's pimped Mitchell. Why haven't you called him out for repeating himself?

You never complain about people doing that. You never accuse people of trying to get "kicks" by repeating good things about the team.

The point is that I say things about the team you'd rather not think about. It's easier for you just to ignore them and attack me rather than to come to grips to the fact that they're actually relevant to the topics about this team being discussed on the board.

No B, we just don't like you.

Just making sure I get your argument:
suck = suck
mediocre = suck
barely winning against bad/mediocre teams = suck

Just wondering, if Dora cooks you dinner and the result is just mediocre, do you tell her it sucks?

:D

SABURZFAN
11-19-2008, 01:41 PM

suck = suck
mediocre = suck

Just wondering, if Dora cooks you dinner and the result is just mediocre, do you tell her it sucks?

he's cooking for her.

Night Train
11-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Now login under an alias.

Ahhh...the internet.

OpIv37
11-19-2008, 01:52 PM

suck = suck
mediocre = suck

barely winning against bad/mediocre teams is the same as being mediocre, and being mediocre does suck.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of mybills: 4 straight losses, 1-5 over the last 6, 0-3 in the division, no wins against winning teams. Exactly what part of that doesn't suck?

raphael120
11-19-2008, 02:17 PM

Wow...i just realized that. Holy crap you're right. Even in the Super Bowl years each year ended in bad. UGH

raphael120
11-19-2008, 02:20 PM
No, we don't suck.

So if we don't suck...then that means the Jets, Miami, Pats, AZ, and even the Cleveland Browns don't suck either.

chernobylwraiths
11-19-2008, 03:04 PM
So if we don't suck...then that means the Jets, Miami, Pats, AZ, and even the Cleveland Browns don't suck either.

with the exception of Miami, I would say that you're probably right. :;

mybills
11-19-2008, 04:04 PM
You never accuse people of trying to get "kicks" by repeating good things about the team.

Think about that.

The good things they say = rooting for their team. Fans are supposed to do that.
The bad things you say = putting down your team. We're supposed to smack other teams, not ours.

There is no wrath, and I'm not attacking you. I'm just trying to figure out why you feel so compelled to say bad things all the time. It's not just when you reply to someone, you start threads about it, and insert it into positive threads, too. I don't think any of us mind if you do that sometimes, but this is constant. :ill:

chernobylwraiths
11-19-2008, 04:18 PM
barely winning against bad/mediocre teams is the same as being mediocre, and being mediocre does suck.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of mybills: 4 straight losses, 1-5 over the last 6, 0-3 in the division, no wins against winning teams. Exactly what part of that doesn't suck?

While it does suck that they have lost 4 straight and HOW they have lost 4 straight and to whom they have lost 4 straight, it doesn't mean that the team sucks because of it. It is just a sucky situation.

!Papacrunk!
11-19-2008, 05:41 PM
through thick and thin, no matter what. Last year (and the years before) didn't prevent me from sporting my jerseys, etc. One last cliche--it's a marathon not a sprint when it comes to "the process."

OpIv37
11-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Think about that.

The good things they say = rooting for their team. Fans are supposed to do that.
The bad things you say = putting down your team. We're supposed to smack other teams, not ours.

There is no wrath, and I'm not attacking you. I'm just trying to figure out why you feel so compelled to say bad things all the time. It's not just when you reply to someone, you start threads about it, and insert it into positive threads, too. I don't think any of us mind if you do that sometimes, but this is constant. :ill:

did you ever think about this: I want the team to WIN and when they don't I get frustrated and that causes me to say negative things? This team constantly loses. They have been constantly losing since this message board has been in existence. They give me a LOT of negative things to say.

Here's the problem: you confuse saying negative things with "putting the team down" regardless of how true they are.

And it's been a long time since we've been in a position to talk smack to other teams (except the Fish, but even that ended this year).

This is a message board for discussing the team. When the team is bad, we are compelled to say bad things if we want to discuss the team. It's that simple. Yes, I know, I don't let up, but that's because I hate seeing people make excuses and justify mediocrity.

BILLSROCK1212
11-19-2008, 09:34 PM
see you tomorrow (you know that's true)

im4bflo
11-19-2008, 09:47 PM
:hail: GO BILLS! :boozer: there is no one else!
I think if we stopped beating ourselves, things would be a lot different.
We give games away, and that's real frustrating.
The CHIEFS, we can, and should beat them, just don't beat ourselves!
GO BILLS!!!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-19-2008, 10:18 PM
loose=suck

win= suck not as bad

win playoff game= suck a little less

win super bowl = really suck cause then we will loose the following year eventually and its back to just plain sucking again.

its all just so depressing

shelby
11-20-2008, 04:46 AM
The trick to being a Bills fan is to not let it have an impact on your real life.

i love this team, even though they have been mediocre for a long time now.

i watch the games, and scream at the tv, and get pissed off when they don't play well. When they do play well, i celebrate. But once the game is over, i let those feelings go. i can say "yeah, the Bills had a 4-0 start, but then the wheels came off and now we won't make the playoffs"....ruefully, but compared to everything else in life, it's a bit low on the list of importance.

i will continue to watch the games, even though i know that our preseason chances are all but dead.

For me, being a fan of the Bills (or whatever team you root for) is part of who you are, but it doesn't define you as a human being. i am a Bills fan, but that does not make me a loser. It is an important part of my life, but it's a diversion, and it isn't the most important thing.

As to swearing off the Bills and boycotting the Zone til next year's draft....those who choose to do that, i wish you well. But this place is like crack. You'll be back. They all come back. Unless we ban them.

:gobills:

mybills
11-20-2008, 07:24 AM
did you ever think about this: I want the team to WIN and when they don't I get frustrated and that causes me to say negative things? This team constantly loses. They have been constantly losing since this message board has been in existence. They give me a LOT of negative things to say.

Here's the problem: you confuse saying negative things with "putting the team down" regardless of how true they are.

And it's been a long time since we've been in a position to talk smack to other teams (except the Fish, but even that ended this year).

This is a message board for discussing the team. When the team is bad, we are compelled to say bad things if we want to discuss the team. It's that simple. Yes, I know, I don't let up, but that's because I hate seeing people make excuses and justify mediocrity.

when the team is bad, I agree. but you were doing that while they were racking up 4 wins in a row.

no confusion here, it reads "putting down the team" every time.

when the team is bad, I agree. but you were doing that while they were racking up 4 wins in a row.

I guess I don't see as many excuses as you do, I see people trying to figure out what went wrong. I guess it's the way one perceives what they read. Glad we talked this out. They will likely win another game (probably by some miracle) and when they do, all I ask is that you pull back on the throttle a bit. Deal? :up:

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Bro, it's never too early to talk draft! I'm just starting to get into the mocks and what have you with the majority of the college games already played, you can kind of get a feel as to where players are going to be going!

OpIv37
11-20-2008, 08:20 AM

no confusion here, it reads "putting down the team" every time.

I guess I don't see as many excuses as you do, I see people trying to figure out what went wrong. I guess it's the way one perceives what they read. Glad we talked this out. They will likely win another game (probably by some miracle) and when they do, all I ask is that you pull back on the throttle a bit. Deal? :up:

They were playing like **** while racking up 4 wins in a row. It was inferior competition. If anything, the last month completely validated what I said back then. I had legitimate concerns- no one wanted to admit it back then, but it's all too obvious now. Why can't you see that?

If they win, I'll back off a little.

Marvelous
11-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Later man,,don't let the door hit ya... There's a local kid i know who is the fan of whoever is winning. Suffice to say he's a Patriots fan diehard now..He was Cowboys & Niners in 90's..He attempted to jump aboard our wagon but he never got past me.. :grin:

--Enjoy the game,,enjoy the players we've had since draft & learn that winning is a perk, Winning is not THE REASON YOU WATCH.. OYE WTF man.

Marvelous
11-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Word Opiv37! I noticed it too.. People where just riding the wave & didn't wanna explain why we're winning. It's almost like many -a- fans believe in magic.

--I said this recently in another thread "we have a good young team". We 1st need to find our general. Even if it's Trent Edwards.. Because what i saw monday night was soo benchable.. In fact why wasn't he benched..
---Fact--tipped passes ARE the QB's fault...

mybills
11-20-2008, 11:35 AM
If they win, I'll back off a little.
Thank you!