PDA

View Full Version : We need to switch to a 3-4

more cowbell
11-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Because we actually have the personnel to pull it off and have more of a chance at being successful than this cover 2 conservative garbage.

First off. Whenever we blitz on 3rd down we do some kind of hybrid 3-4 where everyone is basically standing up on the line including the DT.

Secondly...Kawika Mitchell is an AWESOME blitzer up the middle of the line. He would be a great middle linebacker along with poz. Aaron Schobel would be a good blitzing linebacker on the outside, plus he has some limited experience dropping in coverage with this awful defense we have now anyways.

as for ellison and kelsay...theyre both worthless...so them out of the starting line up doesn't really hurt anything. Kyle Williams would be a great 3-4 defensive end...and Spencer Johnson certainly is athletic enough to play the other end.

Whitner is always helping in run support anyways...and he would flourish in a 3-4 ala Troy Polamalu.

As for our corners...you never know what you're going to get...but considering how disgusting the cover 2 defense is...how awful our pass rush is and how conservative our approach is this seems like it could definetaly work well...

but of course it will never happen.

more cowbell
11-18-2008, 10:40 PM
By the way Terrell Suggs is a FA.

but once again...it would never happen

The Jokeman
11-19-2008, 07:58 AM
By the way Terrell Suggs is a FA.

but once again...it would never happen
Our DEs would be eaten alive in a 3-4. As the only one with enough size would be Ryan Denney. The Bills need help on the D-line generating pass rush. I know Schobel's hurt doesn't help but we need someone else that can rush from the inside. I haven't looked at a list of UFAs or draft prospects but my number one need on defense would be a guy to pair with Stroud on the inside that can play the run as strong as Kyle Williams but also generate enough heat to get to the QB too.

OpIv37
11-19-2008, 08:03 AM
So, let me get this straight: Poz is already out of position at MLB because he should be at OLB. So, you want to take Schobel out of his natural DE position and put him into a 3-4 LB, move Mitchell from a 4-3 OLB to a 3-4 MLB? Williams is almost 3 bills and too fat/slow to play DE, even in a 3-4 and Stroud isn't nearly dominant enough at DT to be a 3-4 NT. Without that dominant NT, the 3-4 won't work.

djjimkelly
11-19-2008, 08:12 AM
regardless of what scheme we run

this organization ruined our D when we didnt resign pat williams

but the cover 2 does blow big time unless the oppositions qb is named trent edwards